High Elf Love Thread! šŸ„°

Donā€™t you try that jedi tat with me, you owe me a new pair of eyeballs. Preferably blue but I will accept green.

He said they evolved past blue eyes, not they evolved as a species. Sorta like saying blue eyes are beneath them.

Blood Elves(High Elves) have always been known to have their eyes change color based on what they are around.

If anything Blood Elves(High Elves) should get all kinds of eye colors in Shadowlands. Green, Gold, Blue, Orange, Purple, Red, White, etc.

Not giving Blood Elves blue eyes now because of the community outcry from Alliance is silly. Blizzard gave them Void Elves. The same model, the same animations, the racial hawkstrider mount in void that looks amazing, etc.

Here is my support for making blue eyes and many more colors possible!

Ion, you said possible blue contacts in the future, so which is it?

1 Like

Iā€™m certain now that Ion was just cracking a joke in regards to those contact lenses. Seems to be his sense of humor

3 Likes

Given his current response is ā€œIt doesnā€™t make any sense.ā€ itā€™s safe to say he was being sarcastic.

Especially with it being about contact lenses.

3 Likes

Perhaps he could explain as to why it doesnā€™t make sense. Iā€™d like more information out of his mouth.

1 Like

Because-
-the Sunwell is now part Light.
-Arcane has never been shown to override Fel.
-Blue Eyes on High Elves is just a relic.
-Light is one of the prime powers in the universe only equal to Void.
-Blood Elves are moving toward a Light theme in addition to their theme of moving on from the past.

These where already established in lore before the Blue Eye ā€œissueā€ ever came up.

10 Likes

Those are some pretty solid reasons there Ion. Ty for clarifying.

1 Like

Listen again

https://m.twitch.tv/zoltan/clip/SplendidLaconicDeerPlanking

ā€œā€¦for Blood Elves, as they have evolved.ā€

There is no mention of Ion saying they have evolved pass the blue eyes.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s specifically what he was talking about.

1 Like

Citation needed, as far as Iā€™m aware the six prime forces are equal to each other and Light and Void have only been described as older not more powerful.

2 Likes

Yeah, I heard it. I also donā€™t agree with it?

I play a Blood Elf and I donā€™t feel that is true. I donā€™t see how it canā€™t be added as a customization.

Sunwell is ā€œpartā€ light and itā€™s also ā€œpartā€ arcane.

I can see Paladins and Priests gaining gold eyes in Lore for focusing more on the light, and I can see others who focus on magic like mages on the arcane. Thus blue eyes on the Blood Elves who draw more from the arcane.

Oh, but they canā€™t choose what they draw from! How fortunate. So, these ā€œHigh Elvesā€ that are Alliance can choose what they draw from the Sunwell? I know they donā€™t tap into it, but they are connected passively to it, so why arenā€™t they gaining golden eyes then from the light? Oh, but they canā€™t because they still use arcane stuff, so blue eyes. Yet once again, Blood Elves that use arcane like mages are immune and canā€™t gain blue eyes. Got it. It only works if youā€™re an Alliance High Elf and itā€™s in the favor of the pro helf people. My bad.

Thereā€™s some really great rule 34 for Blood Elves and High Elves so I support more of both.

5 Likes

Well, wasnā€™t it also mentioned quite some time ago that fel takes a long time to wear off? Because the Blood Elves got green eyes after using demonic magic to help keep there city together.

My mans here gets whatā€™s really important.

4 Likes

Lets be honest here, a good bit of Blizzardā€™s appeal is their character design and how it breeds character interest and character ā€œinterest.ā€ Just look at Overwatch and its thriving community of ā€œinterestedā€ players.

Real priorities right here.

I believe they only gain gold eyes if they have strong faith in the light. Alliance High Elves are only ever shown to be rangers or mages in game, Iā€™m sure High Elf priests/paladins would have gold eyes

Personally I donā€™t buy Ionā€™s denial of blue eyes as a lore reason. They couldā€™ve written it in if they wanted to make it happen, but for whatever reason they didnā€™t want to

RPers are wild, sis.

All others are merely a result of Light and Void colliding. Everything that exist in the WoW universe is created from them.

Weā€™ve seen plenty of examples of Light/Void being able to override things.

Except Arcane canā€™t override Fel.

Light is stronger than Arcane.

Fel is curruptive.

High Elves arenā€™t getting their blue eyes from the Sunwell.

Itā€™s a relic from before when the entire race spent melania bathed in its energy.

The reason they arenā€™t getting golden eyes now is because they are not as reliant on the Sunwell as Blood Elves are and even if they where only the strong followers of the Light get them lorewise.

This has nothing to do with pro or anti. This was the established lore.

Picking and choosing what you get from the Sunwell or Fel being overwritten by Arcan where never a reality.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been to that inn. Iā€™ve seen some horrific stuff.

Thatā€™s not a citation that Light and Void are any more powerful than the others.

Ergo this part.

Have you done it with TRP turned on? Now thatā€™s a scarring experience.