High Elf Love Thread! đŸ„°

There aren’t enough Void Elves or High Elves to count as a mass slaughter ayyyyyy

(I mean not true, but it’s fun to turn the anti arguments around XD)

5 Likes

more likely. I do believe blizzard has been trying to hint to us they acknowledge the request and to not give up hope.

They can’t come out and say they have high elves planned yet. It would still be too far in the future. At least 2-3 years after shadowlands is over.

1 Like

At least orcs exist on the same mortal plane as azerothians. Those in Shadowlands exist on a different plane of existence.

4 Likes

Considering Void Elves were given to the Alliance as the “attempt” of giving them High Elves without actually even using actual High Elves, they have to not be wanting to give up High Elves for some sort of reason.

3 Likes

I wish we were getting a choice for dark and mahogany brown eye colors for the dark skinned Blood elves.

1 Like

Agreed.
It’s fine if both have the same or highly similar customizations.
It’s not all about the aesthetic (I reject the argument about it making factions blurred or confusing
WoW players, despite what we sometimes see on the forums, are not dumb).
It’s about playing a race that has been on the Alliance this entire time and has a really compelling story.

Also, while Shadowlands may not INITIALLY be about having any allied races
that doesn’t mean they are out the window entirely.
A lot of allied races arrived at the end of Legion. Argus did too. No one saw that coming until it was announced.

Not saying it is LIKELY or GUARANTEED
just that it is possible for allied races to arrive later in the expansion.

Void Elves were a pretty blind / deaf attempt at giving Alliance High Elves. It was not really hearing the players in my opinion (or quite frankly giving far too much credence to the possibility of backlash on the subject
while there would be some
I don’t think it would be as substantial as the developers may believe).

PS: The other thread (the High Elf Positivity thread) after 19 days is unlocked.
Just how many flags does it take to have it shutdown for 19 days
jeez.

3 Likes

I highly doubt blizzard made void elves as an attempt to please the high elf crowd. They wanted to create a race of followers for alleria.

Instead of using the obvious choice of the existing alliance high elves they made up a new group of exiled void elves studying the void.

Void elves are not a compromise and blizzard has never treated them as such. What was done with their background was intentional to keep high elves intact.

12 Likes

It seems to me that we don’t know enough about how portals work to definitively say warlock portals through time and space require less impressive magic than between planes of existence.

I personally believe it was a ploy so that Horde could have NB. They could have had Alleria’s little story on Argus without an AR (which came later in the story), but of course Suramar and the NB were front and center for so much of the expansion.

3 Likes

didnt they originally work on broken for alliance in legion? like the krokuun guys. whoever said that laid out a pretty good case for it, including the fact thats who you grind faction with for both the lightforged and velfs, and theres not a velf in sight. we never meet velfs beforehand cause they are all created at once in a freak accident.

1 Like

True, who knows what could happen tbh? I just wonder what race would come out of Maldraxxus? Aboms? Ghouls? Lol

But if we got anything out of Bastion
 I’d rather have the swolekin vs Kyrians since the Kyrians are quite literally there to be in their after life cycle, and the swolekin are the servants/stewards.

1 Like

I don’t know the particulars, but the entirety of the NB and VE situation is suspect. It did however pretty much destroy any argument against playable High Elves though with the creation of VE, so I guess that’s something.

1 Like

Swolekin are far better than blue humans.

2 Likes

Pretty sure he didn’t want it to word it as “mutated” because it’d spark another uproar.

Evolved doesn’t sound nice either. It’s like evolving from Koffin to Wheezing.

tbh I imagine if we walk away with any two races at the end of SLs (which I don’t think we will) it’ll be the goat ravers and the bat boiiiz. The other two aren’t quite as strong thematically imo.-

Two gifs In one post
 oh yes I did

3 Likes

I find that man-goat extremely unsettling why did you make me see this?

1 Like

Did you know he meets little girls in the woods and lures them to his home?

1 Like

That’s some well offenderish behaviour.

Because what is seen cannot be unseen.