High Elf Love Thread! đŸ„°

And moving away from where they were during the Burning Crusade.

oh well. i’ll live.

but why not ask for non glowing human eye colors for those members of the belf who dont use magic, like warriors, rogues, hunters and monk tanks? could still get blue then. or are they saying even non magic users are addicted to magic (which would be silly)?

for the record, i’m sorry they wouldnt give belfs blue eyes as a customization. i dunno whats wrong over at blizz but it seems they think blue eyes makes you evil or something.

1 Like

No, blood elves evolved beyond blue eyes, that’s what ion said. High elves still have blue eyes because they don’t share the context that gave blood elves green eyes

Please, don’t presume to question people on their sources when you go full

When you have no evidence of that but your wishes, and

when other dev say they still considered that possibility to allow for HE fantasy.

I’m not saying that it will happen -I don’t think it will happen- but come on, don’t be the kind of person that wails on others for their lack of sourcing and then proceeds to present their own speculation as fact.

12 Likes

blood elves are high elves and they all are connected to the same sunwell. that hasnt changed talondron

theyve evolved past blue/green, gold is the future

I mean the only way to check facts is to go to the direct source. Like this whole thing started because WoWhead put some eye options on BE’s when they had no confirmation they were theirs, and they said so on their stream.

Doesn’t do much for WoWhead’s credibility if you ask me.

7 Likes

Now who is being completely disingenuous of the facts by forgetting that Blood Elves lived in a fel affected environment for almost half a decade, which gave them the green eyes we are talking about?

Gold Eyes are for a specific portion of Blood Elves as stated in interviews (paladin priests, what we can assume is that it also covers other faithful among them) blue eyes remain the default for High Elves who don’t fullfill either criteria. Those are the facts as of now. They may change, but for now, that’s simply the truth.

11 Likes

the interviewers shouldve put ion on the spot and asked point blank, so does that mean wowhead should remove blue eye options for blood elf shadowlands customizations? if he stumbles around about it, we’ll know somethings up.

Unfortunately this all happened in a twitch stream and I’m not inclined to give them any more clicks so I stick with text.

the green isnt permanent tal

1 Like

And what does have to do with you yet again throwing High Elves and Blood Elves on the same bag?

did he say blood elves are not high elves today?

1 Like

That has nothing to do with HEs or their blue eyes, as many largely unless explicitly stated visit the Sunwell or draw on it the way it’s drawn on by BEs.

Heheh. Honestly I don’t think it was out of malice, all I am saying is that they are flawed, as anyone can really. They are not a more intrinsically secure source than any of us. It’s not that we shouldn’t use WoWhead, I just think they are not a verifiable “news” source.

To WoWhead’s credit.

They are unexpectedly adding new eye colors to all Allied Races and all the new options are separated from races and grouped next to each other in the files.

They needed to Allied Races new eye options so the Universal Eye Sliders could work.

So we have Worgen/Zandalari/Void Elf/Blood Elf Eyes all in a big list with no clear indicator of what goes to who.

Everyone should have taken it with a grain of salt.

The eyes did not match Blood Elf or High Elf eyes at all and they where even doubting them as they where data mining them. These should have been a big clue.

That said, putting up options they weren’t sure even went to the race up as a new feature was pretty dumb and caused a lot of unneeded drama.

9 Likes

He specifically said BEs.

And not all HEs are BEs :thinking:

12 Likes

your strawman doesnt matter. all belfs are helfs who simply call themselves belfs. biologically they are the same

1 Like

The problem here is that Ion has said that “BE’s are kinda HE’s” and that “BE’s have evolved beyond blue eyes” and instead of making a logical deduction like “High Elves and Blood Elves are similar but not the same” you throw away what he says that doesn’t fit and keep parroting “BE’s are HE’s” when they are so not.

To the point you are saying “gold eyes are the future of High elves” when it makes no sense.

For real, are you Fyrebushe or what?

8 Likes

excuse me what? What are you even talking about?

1 Like

Imagine being so spiteful you legitimately cheer people being denied options.

10 Likes

are you saying blood elves arent high elves now bourbo?