High Elf Love Thread! đŸ„°

:woman_shrugging:

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but the addition of re-done helf assets alongside confirmation that there won’t be any new ARs in SLs alongside the Blizzcon confirmation that ARs aren’t getting new customisation doesn’t look good for helfs, does it?

2 Likes

Blood Elves are High Elves

2 Likes

But not all High Elves are Blood Elves. The ones that would be playable on Alliance that people want have always sided with their friends over their people back in Quel’thalas.

12 Likes

Let’s not do that argument again.

1 Like

Ion also said that character customization is not something that will ever end. That this is going to be an ongoing process.

“For the initial release of Shadowlands, the focus is on the original races. Character customizations is an ongoing project and they’re never completely done.”

I want Alliance High Elves as their own race as well, we’ll have to see where the future takes us. But it’s looking more likely due to confirmed no Blue Eyes on Blood Elves.

They’re keeping that as the identity for High Elves :smiley:

20 Likes

Why does this remind me of the angry face with a smiley mask on meme?

17 Likes

Yeah people can safely ignore that statement now, more so than before. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Ions comments in the livestream said the BEs evolved I believe? Saying Blue Eyes wouldn’t make sense? So I agree it’s a silly argument to make.

8 Likes

And there comes another chapter of the Forums Blue-eyed Wars.

The gag of the season would be that in the PREPATCH we get playable High Elves as an AR in Alliance lol.

8 Likes

Yeah he literally said, “it doesn’t make sense for how that race has evolved”

9 Likes

The pre patch is back to Northrend? I believe that’s what a few of us are wishing for. But regardless I do believe their coming post Shadowlands given their history on the April fools patch notes alluding to new things in the works.

I mean I admire the spirit of people still willing to go there, but we’ve stated what we want and everything related to it enough times over multiple threads.

7 Likes

Or as a surprise core race.

6 Likes

Maybe, we don’t know, but supposedly the epicenter of Scourge going nuts will be there. And there is a presence of the Silver Covenant in Icecrown area as well! :wink:

I might be delusional about that but hey. Crazy stuff happens in this game all the time, right?

5 Likes

I agree! I believe there is hope in HEs and San’layn linked to the Northrend pre patch. Good things for everyone I always applaud!

13 Likes

Good morning everyone, and how are we all today?

And here is my love and support for playable Alliance Quel’dorei.

13 Likes

Boy, it’s not like people have been saying this since the freaken issue came up.

I could drag one of my post out from like 2 years ago. But it all can be summarized as-

-Blue Eyes are just a relic from the old Sunwell.
-The Sunwell is now part Light and you can’t pick and choose what you get from it.
-They are pushing the Light theme for Blood Elves more and more as time goes on.
-Blood Elves are all about moving forward, not backward.
-High Elves don’t get Gold Eyes because they dealt with their addiction the opposite way to Blood Elves. Meaning Blood Elves are far more reliant on the Sunwell.
-The Light is one of the two primordial powers and is stronger the all other forces but Void.
-Arcane does not override fell. If anything it’s the reverse.
-Taking in too much Arcane turns Blood Elves into withered.

I wish this was the end but they are still going to keep at it despite all evidence pointing against it.

19 Likes

Yes, but with dev speak backing it up now there’s more support for it.

I really think it is because the people requesting High Elves remained so organized and steadfast in their request.

No developer, not even Ion, has repeated what he said back those couple years ago. I’m sure it’s because of you guys and all the information you all provided.

So, thank you to all the people fighting for High Elves to become a playable option on the Alliance! :clap: :blue_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

I remember my original stance was not supporting Blue eyes for BE’s because it didn’t make any sense to me, I know how Holy cleanses fel, and the devs have said Holy is your choice if you want that. But why and when and where does arcane cleanse fel? And Holy has always seemed idk
 invasive in terms of wanting to influence things, so I had legitimate qualms with how it worked, and no one liked my question about it iirc :confused:

But here we are, and its confirmed they’ve evolved. And personally I think their stance on Holy may hold up too
 had the sunwell been as equal and allowed you to draw on what you wanted they would have added them at the same time.

Regardless it was never going to effect the Alliance Quel’dorei request, so I feel bad for people who wanted it in good faith, but BE players have nothing to be sad about we’re arguably the best race in WoW, and will stay that even after playable High Elves on Alliance are added. :heart: :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

13 Likes