High Elf Love Thread! đŸ„°

Dunno, the impression I got from the heritage quest was more of a “Well she’s horrible now, but that does not change the sacrifice she made in our darkest hour”

The goblins attack first in the book. And Sylv was trying to enslave an ally against the legion in stormheim.

7 Likes

While I support HEs on Alliance I’m also of this opinion the Alliance started the war with these actions. I don’t know why this isn’t pointed out more.

Except for the fact that we the player on the Alliance end up going and attacking goblins in silithus literally the day of the speech. While in the book it is a few weeks ahead of time that the goblins attack.

Because many don’t see Stormheim as a valid reason for attacking even though it was. And then in the book it didn’t do a good job explaining who the aggressor was in Silithus either.

1 Like

Because it’s not true. Sylv would have started the war regardless, she needed souls to feed to the maw to power herself up.

8 Likes

You can get any impression you want. He said “I’ve had my share of disagreements with Sylvanas
 but I shall never forget her sacrifice”

That’s hardly saying “she’s horrible now” that’s why I said he seems to sugar coat it nicely indicating she’s still well liked. And she obviously was considering all the BE and Undead loyalists we see in Orgrimmar (with some goblins) but it’s mostly BE’s and Undead walking around in chains. And nothing indicates distaste for Sylvanas in Quel’thalas, in fact it’s shown pretty well split at the siege with Lor’themar and the official stance being against, and yet tons of BE loyalists are shown after in chains.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. The goblins attack first. Also their goal was to weaponize it pretty much immediately whereas the alliance was investigating.

8 Likes

which is even worse, since the majority of the alliance didnt even know what garithos was up to till he produced evidence that the blood elves had allied with naga, enemies of the alliance, during a time of war. by then it was a huge mess. i think its called the fog of war.

4 Likes

You void elves that use weapons that emit a light from them. WHY?! Is your goal to look as pale as possible? Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

I don’t think the BEs joined the Horde simply because of Garithos, it just makes their distrust of the alliance and acceptance of Horde help make more sense later on, especially given the trauma they suffered as a society effectively hit reset on everything for them, including who they sit with in terms of friendship.

Same with people who say Nightborne joined Horde because “Tyrande was mean to them”, that’s meant to help people see the distrust NEs have of them. But it’s very apparent they have more in common with BEs, and the Horde and the BEs have every right to claim being kin to them as NEs.

it only looks like that on the forums. i select this weapon on my lower level velfs because i can use enchant mogs to tie the color of the staff in with my gear. in game, it just lights up the area in a short of a sunny glow on one side of the face. and it doesnt make it look like it does on the forums

2 Likes

That’s because if you do the intro scenario alliance side, you actually are given the impression the horde sold you out. If you haven’t done the Horde side, all you see is Sylvanas being evil for the lulz.

4 Likes

Which is why people who refuse to do both storylines are lowborn filth.

if khadgar will be neutral that is on him. The entirety of dalaran shouldn’t be dragged along by force with his stance. Khadgar should leave the kirin tor behind as the new guardian and form a new neutral faction with magni, the titan watchers, and the dragonflights. Have this new faction be the one we primarily interact with when facing world ending threats moving forward.

3 Likes

however from a RP perspective I must ignore what I know with the full context and go with my side’s version of the story depending what I am playing at any given time.

2 Likes

Okay, but this isn’t the RP forum. If we start a lore discussion choosing to ignore context because of some posters’ RP it’ll just end in even more of a shouting match than usual.

6 Likes

It would make sense for the kirintor to side with the alliance though. Even during Legions neutral Dal the npcs would address horde characters with precaution.
I don’t think Dal should be looked at as fully neutral just because they were shelfed for BfA since it’s still prominently an alliance leaning human/high elf settlement.

Similarly to how we can easily assume that Val’sharrah would not be neutral after the genocide.

6 Likes

that is how I view things as well. Dalaran has always been shown to have an alliance bias.

They have also aided the alliance during acts of war multiple time. Most recently when anduin called upon then to aid in the evacuation of teldrassil. It can’t be called a crisis when they sent help because at the time it was still believed the goal of the horde was to capture teldrassil not burn it. Therefore them aiding in the evacuation would be them choosing a side.

Typically when 2 nations are at war with each other and a third party nation that claims neutrality goes to aid the evacuation of a city that one of the armies are marching on typically is seen as them choosing a side in the war.

1 Like

Bzzzzt wrong. The horde player attacks the alliance who are spying trying to figure out why the horde is suddenly interested in sithilus this leads to the alliance retaliation. The alliance also has a breadcrumb quest that sends them from az to storm, a journal is found saying Sylvanas intends to seize power from the V which is how Greymane convinces Anduin to sign off on the expedition. Sylvanas started the whole thing by deciding to subjugate an allied race while we were all at war.

4 Likes

Except she is. She’s trying to gain immortality by subjugation of a race allied with both the alliance and horde that is literally evil for the lols in the middle of a war.

4 Likes