High Elf Love Thread! đŸ„°

The purge wasn’t a warcrime and was carried out by the silver covenant the sacking of quelthas was carried out largely by those who are now forsaken.

2 Likes

I could maybe give you that one, but its unlikely given what went on during that and the innocent parties that were rounded up with it that every High Elf regardless of side is ok with that.

Who at the time had no will of their own. They’re not going to blame the Forsaken. They might however blame Arthas and by extension the Alliance.

Why would they blame the alliance for arthas unlike GD they aren’t stupid and understand that Stormwind and Lord are different kingdoms.

1 Like

Then why would they blame the forsaken? you can’t claim them dumb for one and not the other.

2 Likes

Your post was a very transparent attempt to make it seem as though they would blame the alliance. Their ancestral enemies are basically all on the horde. The only reason blood elves are on the horde is because of the population gap in vanilla for the horde having no pretty race. Lore wise it literally makes less than zero sense. The Silver Covenant’s reaction to the horde is much more what the blood elves would have had if not for the need to balance the faction gap which apparently isn’t a need anymore since we have probably crested 60/40 at max level at this point.

1 Like

No it’s not. Khadgar doesn’t want to get involved in what he considers a stupid war.

3 Likes

Khadgar doesn’t dictate what the citizens of Dalaran want or the allegiance of the silver covenant. It’s like saying because a certain world leader has brought up injecting uv light everyone is dumb enough to want it.

3 Likes

The alliance didn’t start the war, the horde did, by committing genocide. If Khadgar wants to remain neutral after that it says a lot about him.

7 Likes

Sounds like an opinion and also irrelevant since the Lore says otherwise. o-O

They’ve several reasons to dislike the Alliance. High Elves were never particularly interested in the Alliance even during the Second War. Took the Horde marching on their doorstep for them to mobilize a real force.

1 Like

Think Garrosh’s mana bomb counts in that too, as a good number of High Elves were known to live in Theramore when they came with Jaina to fight the legion.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! For sure. I agree.

My point is that they’ve got reasons to hate both.

Gotta love antis that post on their 425 alts pretending to be alliance.

BTW more recent warcrime would be the freaking mana bomb since there were a decent number of high elves living in Theramore.

It makes literally zero sense for blood elves to be on the horde and was done due to population.

2 Likes

Some new stuff from MTL Media

5 Likes
  1. I’m pro. I just disagreed that their only dislike would be the horde.

2. I’m quite open about my alts. Kyuu, Rezgolka, Sela, Vidris.

I disagree. They’ve never been big on the alliance as a people. They were the first to begin pulling away after the second war and again only contributed wholly to it after the horde marched on Quel’thalas.

Throw in a healthy uncertainty caused by Garithos regardless of his dubious Alliance representation and their former, now free, ranger general in the Forsaken.

Well it makes a lot of sense why they went horde.

Since then, the blood elves have been through a lot with the horde and believe in it.

The mana bomb was not something the blood elves knew was going to happen just like everyone else but Garrosh. The purge of Dalaran no matter how you look at it isn’t great.

Blood elves remain resolute in their faith in the New Horde. With some bumps clearly.

High elves seem to be going either back home or to the rift.

I do wonder what the SC is up to though.

4 Likes

there is a place similar to this in game

https://imgur.com/a/00uzwP2

and i think he ripped off my transmog

Desperate for new recruits. I’m pretty confident they’ll just write it off as the VE absorbing most of the HE numbers with some exception.

I have a suspicion of that as well. I hope they do a scenario on it instead. Send em off well if that’s how it’s going.

I generally like the idea of the HEs government in exile. But I disagree on them ever being able to take Quel’thalas, Blizzard can write the story as long as they fail, but maybe their government in exile founds a new future / place for the people who identify with them instead of the Sin’dorei.

So in other words instead of Blizzard having to write their failure to take Quel’thalas (I don’t like this idea and don’t believe they’d upset BE players like this) but we could see them really move on from Quel’thalas.

I support HEs but I think the BEs make more sense Horde personality wise, they fit. They have more in common with themes of pride, and pragmatism, survival. Also their former Ranger General from the heritage quest it’s very clear is still spoken of fondly by Lor’themar he seems to sugar coat it nicely indicating she is still well loved in Quel’thalas by Sin’dorei, and she came offering help when the Alliance came to sabotage.

It’s also safe to say the cultural impact and shock of losing their homeland and the trauma of it all effectively hit reset on their society which it indeed did, they renamed themselves, their culture shifted and during that reset their “ancestoral” enemies as you claim are now their closest allies, and the Alliance is not.

I do agree on playable Blood Elves on Horde should not stop playable Alliance Quel’dorei however, but the BE story is valid and makes sense as Horde.

1 Like

It was the Alliance, they ended up attacking goblins mining azerite. It was this and Stormheim. Sylvanas used the incident with Genn in Stormheim to convince Saurfang that war was inevitable either way. The alliance attacked first, it may have been way smaller than Teldrassil yes, but the war was initiated by the Alliance. Not only could Khadgar see this matter, but he also knew that the state of the planet was more concerning as well. Which is why he decided to stay neutral. You didn’t see anything come of Khadgar’s research sadly because Blizzard didn’t want to feature him in a third expansion it seems. Otherwise I’m sure we would’ve seen him try to help us heal the planet. If anything Khadgar was the most logical person in BFA and he was there for like 3 seconds.

Don’t throw shade at Dadghar D: