High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

If Silvermoon is a neutral city at Midnight, I hope there will be new districts for the alliance elves (high elves and void elves) and the darkfallen (who are already neutral).

3 Likes

!!! Someone brought this up on Twitter but they pointed out how the unique Malygos model he got in Dragonflight would be a PERFECT High Elf allied race model! This is it for anyone who doesn’t remember:

https://x.com/valarynn/status/1838365693726822637
( I can’t post images D: )

It’s basically a mix of a Night Elf and Blood Elf model, using more Night Elf-y idle animations. This is perfect because it keeps them visually distinct enough and also highlights their difference in culture! It’s also a nice callback to how High Elves have been using Night Elf voices for the last 2 decades lol

I think this would be the perfect route to go for a High Elf AR honestly, as it would dispel complaints about a “third thalassian model” without making High Elves unrecognizeable to those who have been asking for them for years! This model + tons of new hair and warpaint and jewelry options would feel super unique and fresh!

I also feel like Blizz wouldn’t make this new unique model for Malygos just to have him use it in like 3 minutes of questing in Azure Span. Surely they have bigger plans for this rig? I can’t believe I never thought of this before!

4 Likes

Been suggesting they reskin the Night Elf model for years.

Would solve a lot of “issues”.

2 Likes

So this is where these ideas come from, huh.

How about instead everyone plays the faction they chose. It’s not like you weren’t given options to play belf knockoffs in the Alliance, so I really don’t get what you people want aside to wreck this game some more.

We have two dfferent factions, you log in to blue you see something, you log in to red you see something else, a different ambiance, different characters, which has been happening less and less these days cause of course the corpos at Blizzard are glad to save a buck and just keep adding a neutral race and not even adapted to the factions, instead of two different race.

And now you people want to make it even worse. All for what? Cause your Alliance belf knockoff isn’t belf enough or something.

I’m curious if they are gonna figure out that this is not good, same way they did with the pathfinder achievement, cause it really is the same situation. A crappy thing pushed by an overly vocal minority.

4 Likes

They have definitely heard the voices of the players that dismantling a faction identity just because some people aren’t mature enough to understand and accept they won’t always get things their way.

The High Elves of Quel’Thalas belong to the Horde. Those diaspora that decided to leave the kingdom after the second war either became void elves or soooo insignificant numbers they will never be a faction.

1 Like

I can’t wait for y’all to gag in Midnight just like you gagged when Velves got natural skin and hair and eyes :joy:

The most ironic thing is that YOU guys are the “vocal minority” and don’t realize it. It’s so funny

3 Likes

Sure, the 19% of whole players that still play Blood elves over the less than 4% that chose Void elves are the majority.

You were wrong for 20 years, the likelihood of you being wrong for more 20 years is higher than you being right this time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still remember when we got natural hair colors and it was full of y’all crying “What about Blood Elf players? This feels so bad for us” and then Linxy ignored y’all and a day later gave us even more hair colors LMAOO. When will you guys realize Blizz doesn’t listen to gatekeepers anymore

The same way they’ve been opening up classes to races, been bringing back old exclusive mounts, etc.

3 Likes

Good thing that Metzen is back and things like this will not happen again :slight_smile:
No more ripping off the Horde to appease a minority that will never be pleased.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why they added a Velf Pally NPC in pre-patch. Because Metzen said no more !!

LMAOOOO

1 Like

Who cares, I already posted how they are becoming paladins. That NPC is going to be retconned or ignored. Or it could be one of the high elves that was a pilgrim to Telogrus rift and became void elf too.

Regardless, Void Elves and Forsaken will become paladins by wielding the Sacred Flame just like the Arathi.

1 Like

Also somebody clearly didn’t watch the recent interview two weeks ago where Metzen literally said he’s all for tons of different race options and player choice and guiving people the options to be diff subraces like in DnD :joy: you don’t understand his stance at all apparently

3 Likes

Not only I watched but I paid attention to his words, you selectively heard some words and ignored others :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty easy to understand what he means when he says word for word

"I think WoW can grow and stretch to encapsulate all of these flavors. I think giving players more options, more visual options is awesome. At the end of the day I think erring on the side of player choice, player agency is the right move. Especially when it’s your character. When you imprint on a look or a vibe that you connect with it’s like go, get it! "

:joy:

2 Likes

See. This is why you are on the losing side for 20 years.
He didn’t say he’s gonna give gnome druids, or that you’ll be a High Elf of Quel’Thalas for the alliance.

But you can dream. I’m not the one that is gonna ruin your day with a reality check, tho.

1 Like

Kinda hope it’s like 3x the size of a normal city and there’s whole questing and daily hubs

2 Likes

Yes I’m super excited to quest in Quel’thalas and Silvermoon when it’s updated! And earn Renown and elf cosmetics :smiley:

4 Likes

What if they kinda do it how they did suramar and city if threads? Although I’d want the npcs to be friendly as you get rep. I’m not sure how city of threads works since I’ve been slacking in that area cuz of spiders.

3 Likes

Well to be honest, this was gonna happen. I’m talking about the arrogance. Just because you go velfs and Blizz gave you the belf paintjob you think they got your back or something. That they are on your team and gonna make us gag.

You are deluding yourself. The reason you got velfs is cause you cried a lot, it was obvious people at blizz didn’t like it but they went ahead with it, like Ion when he said that bit about blonde pale belfs and you people made a petition to fire him. The only reason you got the belf painjob is because Blizzard was looking for quick rep boosts after the scandals. That’s it. It wasn’t cause they wanted it, it’s cause they were desperate. That’s when you people get stuff.

1 Like

Whatever makes you feel better about the situation I guess :joy:

Anyways thanks for continuously bumping this thread you guys are some of our biggest contributors!

3 Likes