High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

There are some that appear in the area near the bank. Yesterday it was a female helf and today it’s a male.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure they spawn randomly per shard per day.

4 Likes

I know but my point was that there’s more than just the ones in the embassy.

7 Likes

Well, Sylvanas did kill a bunch so its about time we see the results

With Midnight being set in Quel’thalas instead of a new zone/continent, I’ve been thinking that if they keep the current WW system of having 4 Renown Factions at launch, I can see the four being:

Horde Alligned -
Amani Forest Trolls
Blood Elves

Alliance Aligned -
High Elves/Silver Covenant
Void Elves

It would also explain why they randomly started having NPCs call Alleria “Ranger General” in War Within, as she will probably officially step up as the main leader of the Void Elves in Midnight. She will be the Velf Ranger General, Halduron the Blood Elf Ranger General, and Veressa the High Elf/Silver Covenant Ranger General

Or perhaps the Renown factions will be more general, like

Farstriders
Magisters
…?

But that seems less likely IMO

At any rate, I’m excited at the prospect of getting to earn cosmetic rewards and armor sets pertaining to High and Void Elves! And mounts! :smiley:

4 Likes

Makes sense Through you might want to add in the San’layn and Nightborne too for the Horde while the Alliance gets the Night Elves and Highborne survivors

2 Likes

Maybe the Blood Elves and Nightborne will function as one Renown faction/group the way the Ringing Deeps is comprised of the Kobolds and the Machine Speakers. Since their leaders are married and they have a lot in common, their story in the campaign will probably be intertwined like the two Ringing Deeps groups are. Would love to see a conclusion to the storyline of Elisande who’s been time travelling around and who we kind of came to a weird impasse with in Dragonflight!

As for Night Elves I have a feeling the Devs will have them take more of a back seat in Midnight because even though they are also Elves I think they’re seen as more distinct from the Thalassians and I think the Devs are aware of the community’s complaints of Nelf fatigue from them being so central BFA-Shadowlands lol (love them tho and wanna see updated Bel’Ameth in Midnight!)

1 Like

As if the devs care about the community.

1 Like

I get this feeling too, and maybe when they do come back, it will come with a fully functional Bel’ameth as a hub which would be cool.

I can see the nightborne being part of it because of the belves, but maybe something happens and the nelves want to make sure Bel’ameth isn’t destroyed so they’ll be around but not in the front.

2 Likes

Earlier I had mentioned that the Silver Covenant High elf Larkspear (The one with the unique voice lines.) was a quest-entry for Horde and Alliance for the Hunter’s class hall weapon, and was told he wasn’t, and that Emmarel Shadewarden, but Emmarel points you to Larkspear if you choose to pursue the Thas’dorah, and seemed to be given a more friendly, and welcoming personality toward Horde and Alliance.

Additionally we see Vareesa Windrunner befriending a Farstrider named Orestes, she chases after him into the portal, and rescues him from the hound mistress Torvis. She cries out to him as he’s dying, clearly distraught by his death. “Rest in the light, Orestes.” she then says after he passes. Not exactly the sort of language you would use for someone you might consider a sworn enemy.

It’s also the second time she’s aligned and worked alongside the Farstriders since Zul’aman, which tells us that Vareesa’s dislike isn’t toward Blood elves overall, but rather its leaders and Magisters for allying with the Horde. The fact that she has many unique Blood elf quotes, and is shown mourning and sympathizing with the Farstriders was certainly a sign of tensions relieving.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she lives in Silvermoon as well.

Something I found quite interesting myself is that amongst the troops training at the beach, there are no Belves (excepting Liadrin and Salindra), the only elves I could find within the Horde ranks are Darkfallen. Being one of the Horde’s core races, I find that the silence from the absence of Belves is quite deafning.

The fact that Blizzard has deliberately added ‘High Elves’ in the Alliance embassy gives me hopes. Unless being part of the helf teasing that Alliance has endured for years, it shows that Alliance High Elves are definetely not dismissed as some might think.

7 Likes

You see more Blood elves fighting alongside Lady Liadryn, or just in combat in general after the fleet arrives and you are sent back to Hallowfall to help rebel the Nerubian invasion. Lady Liadryn herself even comes to your aid when you engage some of the elite mobs. It’s worth noting that there is also zero high elves along the shore as well.

I doubt only Lady Liadryn and her disciple made the trip, it’s just a limitation of in-game scaling.

1 Like

A lot of missing forces you’d expect to see fighting for both the Horde and Alliance show up in Hallowfall but not on that beach. Seems Blizzard is just spreading the forces around some and we’re meant to assume they’re there.

They do have quite the cast of forces these days. Fitting them all into one place is no easy task. :smiley:

3 Likes

I swear, some people could drop a plate of chicken bones on the ground and see it as a sign for high elves

3 Likes

I agree with this entirely given the visibility of the Silver Covenant and other high elves that are impacted by Dalaran’s Fall, they can be seen around the beaches and Dornogal off the top of my head. It is refreshing! And finally TWW has given my guild (Silver Covenant-based) a storyline to follow that directly affects our Alliance Quel’dorei characters.

I presented the below thread to Ion among other devs in person at the last BlizzCon, and will continue to do so to give not only visibility in game as NPCs, but as something players have an interest in customizing. This thread is also linked in it.

If you have anything you would like me to add to the post, I would be grateful for feedback! Even if you are opposed to a particular Warcract-canon race/customization being added to the game, it will resonate for another player and that is always a positive. :pray: :woman_elf:

Shorel’aran and I am happy to see our non-voidy Alliance high elf dream is still alive!

8 Likes

Is this in relation to what I said? Cause that don’t make no sense.

Oh man I bet its a fun time to be an SC or Sunreaver RPer…

1 Like

No, not in relation to what you said, I meant the post we were responding to. Like the fact that there weren’t blood elves on the shore like it were some huge implicative thing lol

1 Like

It is definitely a great time - lots of rescue missions for our missing Silver Covenant members, a memorial for those characters we lost, and much more!

We are eating well thus far this expansion and it’s great to have relevancy to the current content.

Establishing camp in the aftermath of Dalaran.

A memorial to recognize the fallen who gave their lives in Dalaran.

Some of us sneaking around through the City of Threads after breaking free of our webbed prisons. (We would love high elven paladins too, please @ our human paladin elf who cannot play her favorite class as an elven model.)

Wishing you all a Happy Friday!!

12 Likes

Ah I gotcha! Sorry for the misinterpretation. :joy:

Oh thats so awesome! Love it when folk have fun with rp. :smiley:

3 Likes

Love seeing RPers use Dracthyr models to RP as high and half elves! Can’t wait to see how many more people start to do that when they open up the new class options for them!

4 Likes