High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

Those sadists, smh.

Fix my hair, you evil and cruel beasts!

High elves from Midnight should be sized between Night Elves and Blood Elves since we’re going back in time. They should be their own race or ‘allied race’ whatever tf that means, and they should be as true to High Elves as we remember them from WC2 as possible. That’s all this low-tier game needs to get some subs back. Period.

1 Like

Deadass? How does that work?

I’m not aware of any solid indication that Midnight will involve time travel thus far. Metzen said “return to the old world” at BlizzCon, which has been interpreted to mean time travel by some, but the rest of the context by him and other devs indicates that he just meant returning to Quel’Thalas and giving it an update, hopefully by adding flying and attaching it to the rest of the Eastern Kingdoms map.

4 Likes

Huh, never thought it meant going back in time. I guess maybe the same people who think it’s time traveling back are the people who thought in SL we’d come back like many years in the future. TBF I kinda hoped in SL we’d come back far in the future, but I enjoy time travel shenanigans, but this didn’t register on my time travel radar.

1 Like

I’m more interested in seeing Quel’thalas of Eversong Forest, Ghostlands, Isle of Quel’danas on the map at last where you can finally fly to instead of being in the outlands instance.

3 Likes

You and me both.

2 Likes

They did clarify shortly after that they only meant revisiting the locations and there is no time travel involved.

3 Likes

Oh god i hope they don’t mess it up. Quel’thalas is my favorite zone in like any game and if they revamp it and make it a generic new map… ugh, this is a monkey paw wish isn’t it?

I’m hopeful that they won’t mess it up. It needs to be revamped, or rather, rebuilt if there’s ever going to be flying or contiguous travel between it and the Plaguelands. Whatever they do, they’ll need to do something to preserve it as a starter zone for Blood Elves as well as BC endgame quests, so some version of it will still need to look more-or-less like it does now, at least in terms of layout. For all we know, the Midnight zones might be a completely separate map, with the current map staying as a separate instance.

back when tww was announced at blizzcon, they showed a screenie of warbands. the 4 favs on the screen included a blood elf, wearing blood elf jewelry, but on the warband menu, she was listed as alliance. she also appeared to have void elf hair. so naturally, the question was, either alliance velfs were getting belf jewelry and belfs were getting velf hair, or they were neutral to each other.

but then tww beta released with the devs saying no new customizations for tww, leaving only neutral to each other as an option. so far, that doesnt appear to be the case either. so the screenie was just a rush job

Not to rain on your parade, but it was Blood Elf eyes and hair, though the hair was one of the styles similar to a Void Elf one. Here’s the comparison:

https://i.imgur.com/1H0JFEQ.jpg

With that said, the character was listed as being Alliance which was puzzling at the time.

I would not jump to conclusions about the sharing of assets though. That initial picture was a mockup to show the proof of concept of the warband screen. As much as I want more customization options for Void Elves, I wouldn’t get my hopes up that the mockup was some sort of hint of asset proliferation.

Again, I’m not trying to dampen your mood. I just want to keep expectations realistic so as to avoid disappointment. If I turn out to be wrong? Fantastic! But it’ll be a nice surprise rather than me getting my hopes up and being disappointed if it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

you just said what i said lol except you think it was also belf hair, which would still result in neutral not customizations. like i said, it doesnt appear to be either, so its just a rush job.

marketing dept prolly said, hey lets get more alliance fans to buy the expac - put a belf on the screen and call it alliance. then when asked, say oh, it was just a random thalassian, lol
trolled by the best

Blood elves are as unfaithful as a renown cheater. Just pick a faction and stick with it you weirdos

I also like their Alliance transmogs.:blue_heart::yellow_heart:
It’s nice to see other groups of high elves that aren’t from the Silver Covenant.

6 Likes

Wish we could see more of the Highvale.

4 Likes

Maybe they will be present at Midnight like the other known high elf groups.

4 Likes

Could be. I’m wondering if blizzard even remembers they exist at times…

2 Likes

I won’t be surprised if Blizzard adds new high elf groups.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

New ones?

Now thats an interesting idea. Thoughts on them at all? Lots of areas in those currently blocked off sections of the map up there.

1 Like