High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

Green eyes should be available, there is a void elf with green eyes in Telogrus rift.

Except it doesn’t.

It expands void elves with a reasonable explanation of the process. Giving us the the breadth and width of high elf to purple void elf (which is somewhat shown during the dark heart stuff) gives us the reasonable range to make our void elves within any of the range through which they’re created with a bonus of letting those who want to play high elves do so.

And I don’t think it lessened any of our void options since blizzard seems unable to think of what those would even be. Best they’ve done for most is hair color…

Though that said I think we’ll see some updates in that regard closer to midnight or so.

I don’t think we’ll see their own race though I refuse to trust that since I didn’t exactly see a third dwarf race that wasn’t the Wildhammer.

The Earthen though are a fair deviation from the dwarf concept that I think if blizzard did a high elf AR no one would be happy with it who isn’t already good with void elves and the ability to RP em.

I do think simpler additions to void elves are possible though. Nameplate choice or such through an npc. Choice to turn off EE yada yada.

Tattoos I’d bet we’ll see too.

I’m just so tired of the bellyaching of those who only bellyache that this person or that is requesting high elves while they simultaneously don’t just mute those threads that cause them such ire and do nothing for their vaunted blood elves.

Most folk want the Silver Covenant based out of Dalaran or the Highvale from the hinterlands to be the main group.

Yeah honestly they did a good job making them not dwarves…

And that’s one more reason I doubt we’ll see a full high elf AR. It wouldn’t fulfill the desire of those who want them.

It’d be some extant group we’d lost contact with thousands of years ago and have a different but similar culture.

So long as it’s just an option I’m fine with it.

Just an option is leaving us alone.

That’s the benefit of giving the choice to the player.

I’ll be honest I don’t think this is likely.

But I’ve also been wrong before. :person_shrugging:

He’s not a void elf. He’s just there in exile. Context for him suggests he’s still a blood elf as it does for those scholars.

3 Likes

When void elves came out they had an emo goth dishevelled look going on.
I would want to see something like that be added to void elves. Especially if they can do more short hair styles with tentacles in it. Not super big on the only one we have.

If we get themes for high elf fans, the void elf look turns in to pretty elegant elf. Thats their new theme.
And thats just not what i signed up for.

The way i see it happening is void elves get given a load of stuff for high elf fans, become thematically redundant in their own race, and thats the last update we will see for 10 years.

I dont want the race to be drowning in high elf, so much as to even have options to remove everything void, and then get nothing that ties in with the race i play.

Void elves may be thalassian elves, but it doesnt mean i want to play a high elf that you can have turn blue if you so choose.
If that ever happens, i honestly will just wash my hands of the race as it wont be the same race any more.

I can accept some sharing but i cant accept being sidelined.

If only blizzard had ever intended us to be anything else or to ever add anything more to void elves but they didn’t know what we are.

It’s not sidelined, it’s the way things were always going. They never had a way planned for how we make more. Danuser and his story plans were always made vague so we had no answers. So what they showed us was natural high elves and blood elves maybe going through a process that led to void elves.

If they do add things to void elves it’ll probably not being specifically high elf at this point in customizations as there’s nothing that’s explicitly high elven that isn’t also entirely valid for Void Elves.

Additional options we might see through npc stuff like a nameplate option and an option to reduce EE or just turn the visual off are just gravy. (EE especially since it hurts some folks eyes)

Either way we’ve lost nothing. Only gained additional void elf options that allow high elf RP.

That said you actually give a poop and don’t just complain people are stealing this or that without trying to do something useful for the race you purportedly fight for.

You’re not like that shivering childish dwarf up above who just doesn’t like people talking who has the full ability to mute it…

The options that exist might not be lost, but the racial identity would feel lost.
I would feel like im playing as a member of a different race.
At least thats my fear. The void elves becoming thematically regular high elves, just ones that so happen to have some void power.
A race that the playerbase no longer considers a void race, but a high elf race that has some void fans who are still lingering around.

But, im also dreading midnight and what it might mean for the void elves, so im already kinda preparing to jump ship.
Which is a shame. And not just from an rp stance or character attachment stance. Void elves are like the only alliance race that doesnt have major clipping issues XD

1 Like

I feel like given that the only difference for void elves now in feel is that we got confirmation that they can look like Alleria.

And since we see Alleria turning more void, with her hair beginning to change and her more voidy eyes, that our theme is a process to the blue skin version.

Not only that but the void elves doing things are always the purple skinned ones.

Our theme isn’t being replaced just because blizzard is using the void elf race to also provide high elves.

And I’ve yet to see anyone seriously consider us “high elves” rather than void elves. Only on the forums have I seen that narrative actually pushed. The Playerbase will always see us as void elves no matter what, whether its out of spite or just because we’re always going to be this. Its how we’re shown and how we operate. The High Elf part will always be sub raced to void elves. (Barring something like the Thalassian groups all becoming a neutral thing where you pick and choose or something like that.)

As it is now we’re Void Elves with the option for High Elf rp options. And for the vast majority of people thats fine.

Can they add more things for this high elf request? Sure.
Can they add more things for the Void elves as a whole? Absolutely.

But we’re never going to be something other than Void Elves without a major change.

I gotta be honest I don’t think jack all is gonna change there aside from us all getting some more customizations that might fit and the story itself suggesting that everyone is welcome to be in Silvermoon again. lol

They’d have to do one hell of an overhaul and I don’t really see anyone being happy with that. Nor do I see them doing that for Just Elves. They’d do something that big for everyone.

I think you got mental issues and I’d rather not set you off. So I’m just gonna ignore you, sorry.

3 Likes

I have no problems with what we have now and where we are at now.
Void elves are in a good spot.

Im more talking about a scenario where void elves get given a load of high elf customisation and nothing void elf related.
I dont want to see a world where void elves have more options to look like a normal high elf than they have thematically on point options.

I dunno, maybe im just getting worn down by seeing requests for blue ranger tats, glowing gold eyes, paladins of the light, turning off the racial, new heritage armor sets etc
If ever there was a time something might happen, it will be midnight.
I see the high elves walking around dornogal and im just feeling like its the inevitable destination.

Ill feel better if midnight ends and void elves are still the same purple void people chilling in space.
Shame we wont see that for a long while yet XD

2 Likes

In the Midnight expansion, so not for closer to two years.

They will. Blizzard won’t throw them away despite what some people want.

And they can still give players the choice for their high elves while doing right by us. The Dark Heart additions to the Telogrus Rift show that. The people responsible for that did so out of love for the Void Elves. That much is clear in what we see and how they talk about it on Twitter.

2 Likes

Youve made me feel somewhat better so I won’t race change quite yet… but im getting an earthen alt just in case :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Honestly now I’ve gotten real deep into the earthen story there they’re a neat race! Not what I’m looking for but they’re a good addition. Still wish Blizz had chosen some of the races we’ve been requesting for years over Earthen but they’re going to be a good group alongside all the rest of our choices. :smiley:

1 Like

For me theyre near perfect.
But i do value a characters journey and history in game from an rp point of view.
So having 98% of the game be canonically not including a player character is super annoying.

Thats the problem with newer races, they just weren’t there for past events.
Fortunately with void elves you can just say “well i was there, i was just a regular elf at the time”.

I dont know what race id actually want, but i would like to see a new race down the line which was there for the story so far :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

On the bright side, both Midnight and The Last Titan being set back in the old world means there’s really only potential for pre-existing races to be made allied races. War Within is foreign and so we are getting new races in the Earthen and probably Harranir in a future patch, and then in Midnight I’m predicting Amani Forest Trolls and High Elves and in TLT perhaps Ogres and Vyrkul. Would also love to see Naga too!

2 Likes

There are also ice trolls, taunkas and frostborns in Northrend.

1 Like

i dont either. i did for a bit, but it was due to a mistake

As of today’s update making the campaign available, the blue AND golden eyed High Elf NPCs have officially made their home in the Alliance Embassy in Dornogal! And their mogs are gorgeous :smiling_face:

:yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

4 Likes

For a group that blizzard refuses to add, they sure use them a lot. And… for what purpose? To taunt people who want them?

Yes, this is what the general perception is. They are a constant stable of the Alliance and yet isn’t playable.

What do you mean?