High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

they asked back before legion launched, by putting a message on the battlenet app, asking wow players what allied races they would like and to login the forums and tell them. so we did. alliance said helfs #1 and vrykul #2, and horde said ogres #1 and san’layn #2.

4 Likes

Mix it however you like. The belfs are the helfs, the velfs are the helfs. You can play your blonde, blue eyed elves on both sides. You people are arguing over a tag. Nothing else. It’s ridiculous and even more so when you act like you were robbed.

4 Likes

or red head with green eyes, or brunettte with purple eyes, or gray with white eyes, etc. why’s the go to criticism -blonde blue eyes? i’m blonde blue eyes irl, and i’m getting a complex over everyone complaining about blonde blue eyes. it reminds me of all the dumb blonde jokes i use to hear, growing up. good grief, i was on the president’s list and dean’s list in college. i’m no rocket scientist but i’m certainly not dumb.

i’m not. i just want elf-like hair styles and for the sw cathedral to stop telling my velf HOLY priest, to leave the building lol

4 Likes

Go to criticism? I don’t know what you on about. I am also, well I dont wanna say I’m blonde, cause dudes should not be blondes, so let’s say light haired with blue eyes, so I’m not criticizing myself. I simply meant that helfs were depicted in Warcraft II and III as blue eyed blonde people. That’s all.

The point is, they gave us enough options to look the part. What else do you people want?

4 Likes

elf hairstyles? heck i’d be happy with velf hairstyles at this point, since we never got an update, we just got colors and then they forgot us again, while lightforged, highmountain and nightborne got the whole enchilada. they stuck us at the back of the line cause there are still core races who need stuff and alliance’s other allied races, mechagnomes and kul’tirans appear to be abandoned entirely. oh wonder how dark irons are doing

1 Like

‘worldwide backlash’

Lol. Lmao even.

1 Like

If all you want is more hair, I’m all for it.

1 Like

its true. here, reddit, eu forums, twitter. apparently, eu wow likes traditional elves

I’m from the EU forums and I can tell you that it’s a very small number of people, single digit, making a lot of noise.

3 Likes

A group of people not liking something isn’t a worldwide backlash. Stop deluding yourself thinking this is a major issue.

1 Like

and for the sw cath to stop fussing at me and i better not see alleria messing up the sunwell and have to endure the kind of criticism the horde had when sylvannas burned teldrassil. i’ll just quit, cause aint nothin’ worth that

May I ask what exactly? This specific thread is just to collect the request in its entirety expecting it as customization additions but also preparing for the possibility of an Allied Race.

Nothing is expected nor demanded only a request where Blizzard can see it.

I am very glad to see Metzen say that more player choice and options are good.

Suggests that the future may hold a lot of great things for customizations.

I think what they are hearing, more likely, is that we’ll see customizations for void elves to support high elves (hopefully alongside more options for void elves proper as well), At least thats what I hear.

They’re trying to equate High Elf players to racial supremists from Germany back in WWII.

Its a common denigration.

I’m sorry Whut?

What sort of toxic masculinity bull is that? rofl

A lot of that is covered in the main post.

Folk range from just wanting hair and option to change the name plate or get tattoos to things like full on AR’s.

Its a very varied group of people.

5 Likes

well the game is global, dandel

Ah you’re right. So you’re just exaggerating making it seem like it’s an issue for a lot of people while it’s actually not. You’re just saying worldwide to make it sound more grand. You really need to touch some grass.

1 Like

Dude, you’re getting upset over semantics. Mute the thread and go touch some grass for yourself. lol

3 Likes

Wouldn’t have to worry about semantics if the person is gonna straight up lie. But don’t worry I’ll leave the echo chamber.

1 Like

hmm thats odd. i was told not to worry about alliance population dwindling due to everyone going horde back in legion, because alliance is the dominant faction in eu and australia and some even said in china, though i doubted that, south korea or japan maybe. anyway, so 5 people out of all those eu nations, wanted helfs?

I don’t know how many people want helfs on the EU, I just know that there’s a thread that gets bumped by the same few people. The EU forums are mostly dead anyway.

3 Likes

i didnt post that but it is a pretty common request to let us play the pretty alliance helfs since they’ve been a constant presence since wrath of the lich king. i just agreed with blast, that is a global thing to play wow and have commentary and requests and helfs are popular. i am not blast. blast is a 20 something year old and i’m nearly 70

You wouldn’t have to worry about it if you just didn’t waste time with requests you have no interest in. Mute threads you don’t want to see if its that bad but coming into a request thread to throw shade is just cringe behavior.

1 Like