High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

That would be pretty funny ngl. But something tells me that you’re just saying that to try and piss people off :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Weird, that is the last thing that I would think off.
I was just thinking in line as the Sin’dorei are the Quel’dorei and they all share the same traits and continue the be the same race, so it makes sense that any of this customization becomes exclusive to them, especially with the recent Alleria novel that was released showing further confirming High Elves had return to Quel’Thalas to rebuild Silvermoon, and she even meets her son there.

Having the Sin’dorei having exclusivity in their visuals is only fair just as a race they shouldn’t share traits with a sub-specie or species that were resulted from mutations of the void.

If both Void and Blood elves are to share exactly the same visuals, or moreover, void elves gets their own visuals plus all customization from Blood Elves, why do they even exist for?

2 Likes

Interesting, so your idea is basically to give blood elves everything and nothing to void elves?

Since it does seem an awful lot like you’re saying that the high elves are blood elves and the void elves are something else entirely

1 Like

I didn’t say that.
I think Void Elves have a lot potential for unique and exclusive customization that differs them from the former Quel’dorei and Sin’dorei.

Well, the void elves were high elves until very recently when they decided to tap into the void. The void changed them. While it was confirmed by Blizzard many times that Blood Elf was simply a political stance, a remembrance to the fallen of Quel’Thalas during the Third War.

If we had to draw a parallel here it would be Night Elves and Nightborne, Blood Elves and Void Elves.

Void Elves need a lot to not be a simply carbon copy of Blood Elves. Needless to say or to put in this thread here any discussion over why Void elves exist as a playable race in the alliance, right?

1 Like

Blood elves got blue eyes and high elf customizations for a reason, probably a sign they are rejoining their homeland.

I said this many times already but its the blood elves restoring their race, the high elves are being bred out of existance and the void elves are an ongoing story element.

Void elves just need unique void related hair styles and customizations, not anymore customizations from blood or high elves.

2 Likes

I thought I fell into a time machine and went back to a 2022 thread for a moment as I read this. Someone’s a few years behind in this discussion lol. It’s giving the same repeated catchphrases from those old threads lmaooo.

Blizz has made it abundantly clear that Void Elves got customization options so that players can customize them to look like High Elves if they want to. With head art director Ely Canon outright saying it years ago. This ship has sailed. A long time ago.

And especially now that Blizzard is using Void Elf hairstyles on the new High Elf NPCs in War Within, have filled the Alliance Embassy in Khaz Algar with High Elf NPCs, and are really pushing the Silver Covenant and Sunreavers as prominent blue/red groups in Khaz Algar it’s pretty foolish to think only Blood Elves would get “High Elf-esque” customizations in Midnight. Especially after what the Devs told a Community Creator when she showed them her Alliance High Elf request thread in person last Blizzcon.

It is clear you’re posting in bad faith, if not outright trolling, to try to be incendiary but I just wanted to let you know that posts like yours don’t make any of us feel bad or upset or discouraged no matter how much you wish you could, because the Devs have shown over and over that they listen to our requests and not to those of people trying to gatekeep pixels or be spiteful online.

Y’all did this with blue eyes, and lost. Y’all did this with normal skin tones, and lost. Y’all did this with normal hair colors, and lost. Y’all even did this with Dark Rangers and we got that too. Because this is an MMORPG and the Devs are trying to make as many people happy as possible by giving us options for our characters. Not to please a small group of people who can only be happy if they get stuff that other people can’t have.

But everyone is entitled to believe what they need to I guess :laughing:

Anyways I’m even more hyped for Midnight than ever :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

and +1 for sharing some hairstyles AND giving Belves and Velves their own unique ones too

6 Likes

Now that High Elf NPCs have VE and BE hairstyles, it is necessary to share hairstyles between VE and BE.

4 Likes

I think something to keep an eye on would be the Sunreaver NPC’s. If we see any of them sporting Void Elf hairstyles, I think that might be a sign that Blizzard intends to share customization between Void Elves and Blood Elves on a massive level.

While I see the new High Elf NPC’s sporting both Void Elf and Blood Elf hairstyles, I wouldn’t get my hopes up thinking that’s a sign that Blizzard will give Void Elves Blood Elf hairstyles. It could simply be a method to make Void Elf hairstyles part of the High Elf visual package so that players who go for High Elf aesthetics with their Void Elves can look like some of the High Elf NPC’s.

I’d like to see Void Elves get more hairstyle options, whether that’s due to proliferation from other races or brand new unique styles. I’m just not going to set myself up for a let down by assuming something without more solid evidence. Will Void Elves get more hairstyles? Sure that’s a safe bet. Will those new hairstyles be from Blood Elves specifically? Possibly, but not necessarily.

6 Likes

Well, I didn’t really wanted to bring this up to discussion in a customization thread because I briefly mentioned the reasons why but since you decided to open this door I’ll go through it.

Already called into question. Which you deflected and couldn’t answer:

Is it? I simply stated the obvious. I didn’t mean to make you feel bad or hurt or to attack anyone’s identity or something. What do you consider bad faith? Can you elaborate?

Good, because I don’t even know how can I make you feel bad, upset or discouraged, or even had any idea about this before reading you saying about these negativity.

And since you when you know what I wish and what I want? Are you somehow in power with cross-internet mind reading or are you just projecting something on me and name calling me because you decided to pick up a fight with me.

Is this some sort of projection again? The one entitled here is it really me? Who are you referring to?

No matter how much you try to harass me I’ll not yield to your hatred.

1 Like

I don’t know about that anymore they said they aren’t doing customization at all during next xpac, add to it that they said about opening up class/race choices and they backtracked on that for Paladins, Druids and Shamans and even worse they did it after they had added an actual Void Elf Paladin NPC so yeah I’m just kind of like not going to hold my breath for anything anymore until it’s actually confirmed like confirmed.

1 Like

Blizzard says a lot of things… and just as often as not, ends up going against what they said previously. Your own example about class proliferation is a testament to that. :slight_smile:

They have no plans right now to expand customization for TWW, but that can change during the course of the xpac. And even if it doesn’t, new customization options will come eventually. If not in TWW, then likely in Midnight.

As for class proliferation, my guess is they want to use TWW as a “time gap” to lay more groundwork for any future class proliferation. It also gives them a significant span of time to slowly churn out all the models needed for Druids. Will the rest of the class proliferation happen for sure? There’s no guarantee of that, but it may still happen some day.

But like you, I’m not going to hold my breath for anything until it’s actually confirmed.

2 Likes

Just ignore them. I’ve noticed wow players tend to get off on being unnaturally possessive over their favored pixels

6 Likes

And when they say customization these days, what they mean is 4 new hair colors. My hopes are not very high.

2 Likes

Doubly so if Ion says it honestly. Rofl

6 Likes

Hey, in his defense he did mention a subrace of high elves and mag’har orcs 10 years ago. Both of those (pretty much) happened

That’s not true. The statement was that they weren’t doing any more in WAR WITHIN specifically and that interview was many many months old but only released recently. They’ve said more recently that they still are passionate about it but that the animation/lore/art required is a lot so it’s not something coming in the near near future. The fact that they added the Velf Paladin shows they’re still setting up to works towards this goal.

3 Likes

I’m gonna stand by when it happens I’ll believe it, until then you and all the other people hoping it happens are literally doing exactly that hoping it happens which doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

The Void Elf Paladin NPC could just be a major troll on the people that want Void Elf Paladins because right after that was when they pointed out that wasn’t happening any time soon for Shamans, Druids or Paladins, I mean personally I don’t care I don’t play those classes so not loss or gain for me anyhow.

2 Likes

I don’t keep up with wow but i highly, highly doubt that blizzard is run by petty 5th graders

2 Likes

Usually it’s Alliance people that are saying the devs are bias against them, troll them, make fun of them and so on and so on but you are welcome to interpret it however you want like I have.

2 Likes

Quite the immature interpretation if you think they’re trolling paying customers. I’m not going to comment on what bias they may or may not have, frankly put, i couldn’t care less about what they think or feel.

I have something that I want from this game and I’ll hope that it happens. If that is a cardinal sin to the playerbase, then they can write their complaints on a sheet of paper and stick it where the void shines bright

4 Likes