High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

This, as someone that has a Void Elf character now thanks to Panda Remix I’d rather get new but decent styles specifically for Void Elves than reused ones from Blood Elves.

Case and point I absolutely love that I can have the diva golden hair and golden eyes combo on this one but then the burgundy melancholy hair and purple/pink eyes combo on my Void Elf they just fit both so much better honestly. :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

5 Likes

I prefer to be a void elf like Alleria and I’m happy that void elves who have a 100% high elf/blood elf appearance are officially canon but Blizzard should also add BE hairstyles…:sob:

I think (hope🙏) that sharing current or new hairstyles between VE and BE will be added because high elf NPCs already have this sharing of customizations.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t understand why people want to encourage blizz to take the lazy way. New styles that are exclusive to each would be so much better.

3 Likes

It will happen, eventually.

I’m not really understanding the drama of some players here. It is obvious we will get a bunch of new customizations for both kinds of elves in Midnight. Sharing hairstyles is not mutually exclusive with getting new ones.

2 Likes

None of the other ARs share styles with the parent race. Why should it happen in this one case? And if you think it wouldn’t be used as an excuse to not do new styles, you don’t know blizzard very well.

It would be nice if they each could get new styles and not just be lazily copied.

2 Likes

There are a few hairstyles shared among races, afaik.

Even if that’s the case, it’s not really relevant. just because other races don’t share hairstyles doesn’t mean elves shouldn’t as well. In fact, I have always advocated for sharing hairstyles among all races and factions. There are a few female orc hairstyles I’d love to use on my night elf.

They’re the same race. They are literally the same people with a different taste in magic/power. You might have had a point in arguing that void elves dabbling in Void magic have their hair and skin change, but now that regular high elf NPCs have void elf hairstyles, there is no reason lorewise they can’t share hairstyles with blood elves.

If you ask me, I don’t think we’ll share everything, though, I think they’ll take the same route they did back when they added natural hair colors and take only the most popular void/blood elf hairstyles and make them available for both races.

I would agree with you if we were talking about a normal patch or an expansion that has nothing to do with elves. But it’s Midnight we’re talking about, they won’t launch it without new hairstyles at all for blood and void elves. That’s not going to happen, rest assured.

Both are good!

2 Likes

Exactly, they’re the same people, they’re all elves from Quel’Thalas.

2 Likes

I mean draenei and lfd are the same race, gnomes and mechagnomes, dwarves and dark iron etc. If these races can have distinction between hairstyles, there’s no reason belves and velves shouldn’t. A lot has been copied to the velves from belves already, with very little in return.

I’m not opposed to maybe a couple being shared, but I really want new hairstyles more. I don’t have a lot of faith in blizzard though, given how the last customization passes went. I really feel that they would copy hairstyles between them and call it good. The belf customization pass has not given me reason to be optimistic.

It’s also not exactly an equal trade. Void elves hair is not the best (So I definitely understand the want for belf hair) but I definitely do not want velf styles in place of new belf hairstyles. I’d rather have draenei/lfd styles than void elf ones.

3 Likes

It’s a “little of column A, little from column B” thing for me. I wouldn’t want to encourage blizzard to be lazy, but there are definitely certain easy things that they can and probably should do.

There are several ubiquitous hairstyles that are used by a variety of races. I don’t think it’s a problem to port some standard-ish styles around. Like I definitely want new and unique, but if there are simple or easy things they can do I think they need to do them as well. They just need to do them alongside the new and unique to avoid the appearance of taking the lazy way out. What comes to mind for me is an episode of Babylon 5 where Delenn, having decided to grow out her hair to emulate human appearance, needs help from Ivanova to care for it. Since the Minbari are normally bald she has no idea about hair care. So along those lines, it doesn’t strike me as odd at all if an orc decided she wanted to learn from a blood elf how to style her hair better. Or if a blood elf really liked the appearance of some Troll styles. In other words, while I would like things unique to a race, they’ve all been together so long now that it’s not unlikely that these group may have started to share things with each other. I don;t want to undermine a race’s theme, but options outside the “norm” can be wonderful as well.

And that’s speaking in terms of customization options in their entirety for every race. They all need more options. Like, seriously, why doesn’t every race have jewelry, for example?

7 Likes

Even within jewelry, the races who do have it, there’s like wildly different levels of effort put in. Draenei and LFD for example, they have tons of gem and metal combinations. Blood elves get two metal options and they don’t even change the color of the hair accessories. Some draenei hair accessories are optional as well.

Night elves only get one metal option. So yeah, I definitely worry when I see people requesting stuff that would allow them to take the easy road too. They don’t need further excuses to do so. Also I want them to put in the work to make good styles for both, not just make hairstyles they’ll just give to both from here on out.

2 Likes

Sadly, the “lazy way” is more likely to happen simply due to how much time and resources Blizzard saves if they go that route. I’d like to think most people would prefer new hairstyles to hand-me-downs, but for certain there are some who want the existing ones shared between the two. Me personally I’d prefer new options, but from a time/resources perspective, I understand why Blizzard might choose to go with hand-me-downs.

But there’s really no point in getting riled up over something that hasn’t been decided/revealed yet. Blizzard is gonna do what Blizzard is gonna do. All we can do is be vocal about our preferences. But that means that people who want hand-me-downs get to speak their peace too. We’ll just have to wait to see what Blizzard ends up doing. Heck, they could split the difference and do a few hand-me-downs between VE/BE and also give each of them a few new/unique styles. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

NPCs often reveal what Blizzard plans to add later. :wink:

1 Like

There’s tons of npcs with options players never get, so idk about that.

2 Likes

I think the lazy way would be less likely if more people would encourage them to actually do the work. I mean if velf players would rather just get some belf hand me downs they are welcome to it I guess, but I’d rather get new belf styles than copy pasted velf styles.

3 Likes

They’re just teasing us at this point lmao

2 Likes

Possibly, but from the business side of things, time and money matter… a lot. But like you, I hope we get new/unique hairstyles for both VE and BE in the not too distant future.

I like this thread.
It will be amazing when all this customization is added exclusively to Blood Elves in the next expansions.

1 Like

That could happen, but it would still be preferable to not having done it at all.

I fall into the I wish all hairstyles were shared across all races (where applicable with additional hair options for those races without to buff them up a bit) as well as new hairstyles being made in general for everyone.

I feel like that would go a long ways…

In the absence of that, I would lean more towards new hairstyles for each race individually.

I really feel like people are holding onto hair for foolish reasons…

Its hair. Between races hairstyle and color should be interchangeable like most MMO games have it these days. Barbers exist as well as hair dye and its just silly to die on that hill imo.

(Mind this should be for ALL races not just Blood Elves and Void Elves.)

9 Likes

I don’t think they would ever do that just because that would be so much work. And even the other ARs don’t share styles with their parent races, and that’s even with being on the same factions. I just really don’t want velf styles on my belves instead of new styles specifically for belves that fit their themes. As far as trades go, this would be very uneven.

I guess they could swap some other alliance race hairstyles to belves in addition to velf styles. Give us some draenei and lfd and nelf styles and maybe I’d make do.

1 Like