High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

Such as? Name one option high elf npcs have that blood elves don’t other than the void elf hairstyles

5 Likes

*Looks at Kul Tiran’s *

But the playable model is just one. That’s the thing, the Arathi situation has no real precedent, and given they really are just an ear option, I don’t think they would ever be an AR on their own.

But will Arathi customization unlock some day down the line? I really don’t know, nor in which context it could be with the Aratrhi of Hallowfall being presented as neutral. Big shrugs all around.

1 Like

Didn’t they give dwarves tattoo options so that people could play as wildhammer dwarves? I remember people wanting that as an allied race back in the day so i wouldn’t be surprised if they add that ear option for humans

2 Likes

Those for one. I’m all for having similarities as they’re the same race, VE have unique appearances, while BE have few (those that they do are shared hairstyles with some other races). Even the undead-themed dark ranger is available on VE side, as well as NE. I’m all for more customizations, just think it would be nice if there were more unique features for both races that set them apart.

Well the void elves have the purple skin and tentacles. Not sure what else the blood elves could possibly have. I for one would prefer for both those races to share all hairstyles since they’re both the same race

2 Likes

I don’t know, I still prefer there be some unique distinctions. If Void elves can have a whole literal void theme unique to them, the least Blood elves can have are their unique hairstyles. It’s kind of silly to think of an allied race getting all the customizations from the parent race and more.

If the only remaining distinctions are removed, we mind as well just clump them up into one neutral race and let players choose which faction they want to be on.

1 Like

Yeah, Blizzard should share hairstyles between VE and BE !

Void elves with HE/BE appearance are officially canon and high elf NPCs have VE hairstyles. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Exactly. If blood elf players still want some uniqueness then they can keep they new hairstyles they got

3 Likes

Blood elves also have luxurious jewelry !

They have luxurious family jewels? :flushed:

1 Like

Or, we can keep the ones we have lol

1 Like

Or we could realize that this is just a game and it doesnt matter what people wanna play as. Or is this statement a lie as well and it actually does matter?

1 Like

Who’s stopping you from playing who you wanna play as? How does a hairstyle stop you from doing that? lol

Not so much as a lie, as much as it doesn’t make sense. No one is stopping you from RPing as whoever you wanna RP as just because they’d like to retain the remaining unique options for their race.

1 Like

People can style their hair however they want. It’s a hard concept to grasp, i get it. But it’s not impossible

3 Likes

Runeleaf must be new to the discourse if she hasn’t realized that the Devs really don’t care in the slightest about gatekeeping customization options for the sake of “perserving Blood Elf uniqueness” lol based on the past few years.

They gave us shared eye colors. Then shared skin colors. Then shared hair colors. Then shared Dark Ranger options. And every time Belf players in those threads threw a fit or even directly @'d Linxy to complain and whine and he would just ignore them and add in more hair colors a few days later LOL

It’s simply less work for them to share options on the same model as opposed to making entirely new ones

Personally I don’t want Blood Elf hairstyles (the female ones at least) because I don’t really like them and they look very outdated to me, and I’m happy with the ones we have, although I know for male Velf players it’s different and y’all would really benefit from shared hairstyles so I’ll always support that for you guys!

Although I am most looking forward to when we get our own unique hairstyles added like most races have since Shadowlands :smiley: that’s gonna be excitingggg

I think visual distinction can be easily maintained by giving Void Elves their own unique hairstyles and jewlery and tattoo options, giving Blood Elves more unique tattoo and jewelry and hair options, etc. but that’s more work for Blizz than just sharing stuff so who knows :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

I really hope we get new customization options for all races. I just struggle to understand why anyone would be against more customization options. It’s a video game, not real life. I see people irl wearing my cultural clothing everyday, but do i complain about losing my “uniqueness”? It applies even more so in a game

4 Likes

Some people are really attached to their 30 polygon hair from 2006 idk :sob:

One way they can also remedy this I suppose is only share hairstyles between factions. So Night Elves, Void Elves, Kul Tirans, Dranei, Gnomes, Humans, etc. all share hair options and Forsaken, Blood Elves, Orcs, Trolls, Nightborne, etc. all share hair options.

4 Likes

Humans literally have like 2 blood elf hairstyles lmao. The foxtail and that spiky one. Human males i mean

3 Likes

We’re not discussing what is possible as anything is a possible concept. Trolls, goblins and orcs can join the Silver Covenant, or join the Alliance and live in stormwind, and I could say for certain you guys wouldn’t be okay with it just because it’s a possible concept. You couldn’t even grapple with the idea of a High elf in Orgimmar. lol

Yet you’re still stuck with that balding hairline that you try to hide with your tiara lol Weird that they had every chance to give you guys Blood elf Hairstyles and yet it still hasn’t happened.

For once we agree, give Void elves new hairstyles and options instead of shamelessly begging for every single visual design from the Blood elves.

1 Like