High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

I just noticed that the Amani/Forst Troll AR thread is also HUGE on this forum. I didn’t realize the demand was so high, I just thought they were cool personally. Cool to see how much love people have for them.

That just further cements my belief that we will be getting High Elves and Amani Forest Trolls as ARs in Midnight. There’s quite literally no other races in Quel’thalas that make sense as AR and these two are the most highly requested ones on the forums for each faction respectively

6 Likes

I admire your optimism, but it’s blizzard. They’ll make something that never existed nor was requested

3 Likes

Idk especially with Metzen back at the helm I have faith tbh

He even had High Elves on the Alliance and Amani Forest Trolls on the Horde WAY back when in his WoW x DnD conversion which was a LONG time ago but still shows he knows what he’s doing :relieved:

1 Like

High elves with the exact same model as void elves minus the bad hair and void abilities. I’ll take it if it happens, but I’m not going to expect anything other than disappointment. After the shadowlands trailer i now try to expect the worst possible case :confused:

2 Likes

It’s a new era! We have to go into the Worldsoul Saga with optimism and hope :relieved: Dragonflight the pallete cleanser meant to erase Shadowlands from our minds LOL

1 Like

They live in their own little fantasy lolol The idea that they’d give amani trolls an AR in an expansion centered on the elves, in Silvermoon, is quite whacky. I think her hairline has fallen back a few inches. lol

I imagine we’ll get some new customizations, and some cool new quests and lore developments. I’m excited about seeing all the Blood elves an High elves hanging together in TWW. :3

Skipped that expansion. Not touching that with a 10 ft pole

I admire your optimism

I mean, I’m already getting what I want. More lore! I loved the short story where we saw Arator in Silvermoon, and I love all the screenshots of the Silver Covenant and Sunreavers hanging out.

I’m keeping my expectations tempered, simply because Blizzard tends to always give less, but I would at least expect some new blood elf customizations. If there is an allied race, I’d imagine it would follow the same formula as Dragonflight and TWW, where we get some neutral allied race on both sides. Probably that new troll/elf hybrid.

1 Like

That’s pretty much a given

Sounds unholy. Not the death knight spec

Yeah, expecting anything more than the bare minimum is setting yourself up for disappointment in my opinion.

Yep, no one asked for it, no one wants it, so they’ll throw it at us like we’ve been begging for it for years.

1 Like

Thank you blizzard. Your generosity knows no bounds. Please destroy Ironforge next and give us sewer trolls

they added all the old starter armor to a vendor in each capital.

And since starter mogs are account wide and not faction restricted, and now that white items can be unlocked for mogging, you can buy the starter armor for every race and use it on any other race.

1 Like

Do you…know the lore of your own race…? LMAO

When the High Elves came to settle Quel’thalas, the Amani attacked them initially because they were Highborne, and both began learning to hate eachother. The Highborne had come to this land seeking a new home, and following ley lines to a good convergence location scouts had found. Silvermoon was constructed over the site of sacred Amani ruins. This is what caused the feud, spiking to the escalation of intense bloodshed.

There was also later on the Troll Wars, where 100 humans were taught magic and the early human kingdom aided the elves in pushing back the Amani.

After all this the Amani hated the High elves so much that when the First Horde came, they agreed to join and help them against the human kingdoms, but only if they slaughtered and genocided Quel’thalas first. They actually left as soon as the Orcs turned away from Quel’thalas to focus on Lordareon.

You should know all this babe you’re literally a Blood Elf did you not do your racial starting zone quests…?

Of COURSE the Amani are going to be prevalent in Midnight considering the entire expansion is on a newly revamped and enlarged Quel’thalas. They are literally right there.

Not to mention the writers are already adding breadcrumbs in the new Dark Heart quest that is setting up the Worldsoul Saga we are told that Void Elf Riftwalkers tracked void activity to where the Amani are and then the trail mysteriously “went cold”. Keep up babes!

Personally I’m betting some Amani make a pact with the Void to invaded Quel’thalas and reclaim their sacred land and the rest reject the Void out of disgust and end up setting aside their greivances in order to join the Horde and maybe even get some of their land back in exchange! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Even if it’s on the opposing faction?

1 Like

Yup. As I said, the mogs are not faction restricted.

4 Likes

Hard to say what Blizzard will and will not do anymore. Didn’t think we’d get a third variant of Dwarf unless it was Frost Dwarves or Wildhammers, and then they went and added Earthen, and made them neutral, so yeah…

Is Blizzard crazy enough to add High Elves as an Allied Race? Probably. I don’t think that’s the direction they’ll go, but I won’t be surprised if they do.

2 Likes

Oh that’s nice. I might get it from eversong anyway since its been a while since I’ve been there. I’ll get it from stormwind for other armor types though. Thanks

2 Likes

Yeeee I use the green and gold Belf armor on my Alliance High Elf DK! I never was a huge fan of green but it’s just such a pretty color combo in game

So glad they let us mog white gear

3 Likes

Yeah, they are a major part of the area. No reason to thing they won’t be involved.

There can also be some involvement with the Raventusk trolls who are already Horde and would likely want to help their cosines up north.

1 Like

Why are you reciting their lore to me? Imagine convincing yourself that they’d give us Amani in an expansion centered on the Blood elves. If they did, they’d likely be neutral and the Alliance would get them too, just like how the Horde is now getting Dwarves.

Better get excited for those Alliance Amani trolls :heart_eyes:

No one said they won’t make an appearance, but conjuring up a whole story based off no information is pretty funny. With what we know, the void elves being sympathetic, Trolls are just as likely to appear on the Alliance. lol

What is this? Fanfiction? How am I suppose to respond to a story you’ve entirely made up in your own head? :joy: