High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

Yes new options for a new spin on the race.
But youre asking for something thats not a spin on the race in any way.

There isnt a single allied race that doesnt try to achieve something new. Even the most boring and lame of them.

We have the race in its pure form with blood elves. And we have a corrupted form with void elves.

If adding antlers to Tauren is enough of a spin then I think the bar is very low lmao

Anyways this argument is silly and I am excited to see how the Devs incorporate High Elves in Midnight be it through a separate AR or more options for Velves

4 Likes

Yeah high mountain and lightforged are the worst of the allied races and probably should have just been customisation.
But they were the first, and they improved on the concept of allied races as they made more.

Really it should just be more customisation for velves.
Sharing a pool of customisation is better than spreading it thin imo.
And like i said, they can just let players change their racial tag and then those who want to identify as a different group can do. No new races needed.

Well doesn’t seem like really being fans of High Elves because it doesn’t follow the story that High Elves are Blood Elves.

You want Alliance Blood Elves, their racial abilities are High Elven.

You’re ignoring the whole cultural underpinning of differentiating from the real life inspiration of Native American tribes that is being showcased. It’s not just horns vs antlers.

This is why I wouldn’t mind Alliance Blood Elves, just give Horde Night Elves or something.

1 Like

This argument is so tired.

Most High Elves became Blood Elves and took the name Sin’dorei in honor of their fallen after the attack from the Scourge.

Another group chose to not join them and to leave because they did not agree with the Sin’dorei’s practice of siphoning fel, siphoning magic from living creatures, and probably wouldn’t have agreed with them imprisoning a Naaru either.

The difference is political and does exist. The Sunreavers and Silver Covenant in Dalaran are a literal physical representation of the difference between the two. Political. Values. And that is why I like the High Elves more than the Blood Elves. I enjoy their aesthetic, their culture, their values, their allegiances more.

They have a distinct outlook from Blood Elves, either with a different morality regarding magic usage or, if they are the group at Allerian Stronghold and Alleria, of pro-actively supporting the Alliance, rather than offering very limited support to the rest of the Alliance in the Second War as most of Silvermoon did.

It is just like the difference between Horde and Alliance Pandaren.

The pandaren who join the Alliance are practitioners of the path of Tushui, living a venerable life through meditation, rigorous training, and moral conviction, and doing what is right above all else.

The pandaren of the Horde are followers of the philosophy of Huojin. More direct than the contemplative philosophy of Tushui, adherents of Huojin believe that inaction is the greatest injustice and that it is honorable to defend one’s homes and families regardless of cost.

They are the same race but they are distinct factions of people with unique values and cultural aspects.

LMAO so now cultural differences are important despite not being very different biologically?

LOL the irony

I don’t want to be a Blood Elf. I have 3 Blood Elf toons near max level who I play when I want to play a Blood Elf. I have the Blood Elf heritage armor and the Blood Knight Paladin armor. I’ve been RPing with my Belf characters for years. I’ve done all the quests. I know their lore and their culture. I love replaying their starting zone. I don’t need you to tell me what I want.

I want to play an Alliance High Elf. They are their own group of people that have been shown and involved in Alliance questing in pretty much every expansion, we earn Rep with them, we quest with them, they hold open most of our portals, fight alongside us, etc. I don’t care if they are biologically the same as Blood Elves. They are a different faction of people that are Alliance alligned and I would like to be able to play them considering they are shown alongside us many many times throughout the years. That’s quite literally the purpose of race options in the game.

This thread is about that and I will continue to post in it about that considering that is the entire purpose of it. If you don’t like that go make your own thread about what you want to talk about.

Anyways I’m very excited for Midnight based on what several of the Devs told one of the Community Creators at this past Blizzcon when she asked about an Alliance High Elf allied race and that is that.

I will now refrain from engaging with you further as I find it rather tiring to have to explain such simple concepts to people over and over.

4 Likes

That’s why I don’t humor it anymore, especially not in a customization megathread. They don’t have a problem with the different dracthyr or pandaren factions for the horde and the alliance, but have a problem with the different thalassian factions for horde and alliance when it’s clear in game there is a difference.

I’ll still keep hoping we get a helf AR race!

6 Likes

It’s only tired because it’s fact.

I even don’t deny anything you say belief, because it’s fact.

The point is, you still want Alliance Blood Elves. You just also want the High Elf tag.

What dismissive is this thread in its entirety is tired and old because the Legacy of the Quel’Dorei lives with the Sin’Dorei.

1 Like

And Yet even the Blizzard dev team keeps telling you the same even from the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjSQHefwywg

Okay you edited: Again I don’t deny that and even support hey, you can have Alliance Blood Elves.

When people’s only argument is a singular quote from one dev 17 years ago you know they’ve lost the plot :rofl:

So excited for Midnight! :blue_heart: :grin:

5 Likes

Uh it’s less than a year ago devs have said this… your disappointment will be yours to deal with.

I’m excited too yah know.

Passive aggressive looks bad on you both btw.

But heaven forbid you bring up the quote about horde getting belves for a pretty race for the horde.

Okay, I’m done being petty.

Kinda helf related, I’m still hoping for some good ranger looking mogs in TWW, I guess in 11.1 since we don’t get that with the first tier set. I also can’t wait to tame the lynxes on my helf hunter!

4 Likes

Same! I just farmed the white and green version of the Hunter Legion set and bought the Blue PvP one for my Helf Huntress! So pretty! We def need more elf themed hunter mogs!

I know we will get tons in Midnight but a few in WW wouldn’t hurt :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Me too. I saw a void elf mog someone did and they use the Hirek’s Bow from SOO, it looked very nice.

They did a mish-mash of the Heritage set with some other pieces like the art/dev team did recently. They got me playing with heritage pieces on my other toons too.

1 Like

OH I cannot hold my mouth.

Yes, yes… this is going to be irony.

Blizzard thought this when they added void elves. To no one’s surprise, people still want high elves lol

6 Likes

Bro you know I’d take high elves over void elves anyday as long as they have the same model lol

2 Likes

You don’t have to respond btw. You can concede the Blood Elves are High Elves and just want them playable on Alliance. ← Only point of contention I have with you.

Everything else is redundant and I didn’t want to reply to everything you said because it’s only your feelings of how you want them to be, mixed with facts that I even propose and use myself.

Bring us the green eyes habibi, pls and thanks

That’s not what she wants and I wouldn’t be against it.

Horde just would need to get a hardcore Alliance race. I would propose Night Elves.

Personally I’d prefer Dwarves but I think an elf trade makes more sense.

1 Like