High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

her new eyes are smaller which is good but they seem to bug out, like the red eyes do. at least she has eyelids

It makes plenty of sense.

Hordes vs Alliance is the core of Warcraft. Occasionally returning to that is common sense.

3 Likes

Oh really? That’s cool. I hope the blood elf players won’t feel like they lost their identity if it happens. If it gets to a point where the only difference between blood elves and void elves is the faction, i can understand why they’d feel that way, but i hope they don’t lol

I get your point, but the way the story has gone it makes more sense for individual races to go at war rather than the whole factions. Even if you’re a fan of the faction conflict you can’t deny that the direction blizzard went made it very unrealistic, for lack of a better term, to go back to a faction war after everything that’s happened

There is little difference between High Elves/Void Elves on Alliance and Blood Elves on Horde but the cities and with which other races you interact with. Merging them together is truly the best solution going forward.

2 Likes

Yeah, which is probably why the only instances we’ve seen of friendly interactions are when it makes sense. For instance the Blood elves and High elves like Arator.

I think the conflict between Void elves and Blood elves will remain even after Midnight, I don’t see Silvermoon overcoming it’s stigmas vs Void elves, and I don’t see Void elves as a group actually wanting to return home either, especially after seeing the dialogue from Enneas and Lyria, which suggests they wish to keep Void elves apart to emphasize their position as Alliance Elves.

Demon Hunters, Dark Rangers and by extension DK and San’lyn are pretty much exiled from Silvermoon according to dialogues as well for instance… It was mentioned in the Forsaken questline that the Dark Rangers were shunned from their home after becoming undead, and on multiple occasions Demon hunters expressed the same experience after undergoing their transformation. It does not seem that the general public of elves look kindly on undead elves or those who consort with dark magic. Something even further emphasized in Alleria’s short story.

That all pretty much makes sense. The only issue I might raise is Umbric’s rather melancholy statement to void elves only about someday going back to Silvermoon, but instead of foreshadowing it could also just be very minor character building, to show that perhaps he does have some regrets.

Max level short elf for the first time since … okay, well, Shadowlands because I busted my blood elf up for that tasty bonus heritage quest, but since Shadowlands is a vast wasteland I ignore, it’s still special.

While void elves are superior for mogging, I am going to miss the Remix freebies.

This is Sledgehammer and I still want tattoos and scars. Please and thank you.

1 Like

One again Runeleaf focuses on the opinion one one random nobody NPC over the fact that both leaders of the Void Elves, Alleria and Umbric, express wanting to return home to Quel’thalas this month.

Arguing in bad faith is /yawn inducing but unsurprising considering who is posting it :joy: so I figured I’d clear up the misinformation being spread

Yes, Umbric has brand new dialogue when you click on him now this patch about how hopefully one day the Void Elves will be able to return to Silvermoon. He says that every good deed they (the Void Elf player) does raises their reputation on Azeroth, and maybe one day they will be welcomed back to their home. This is quite obviously setting them up to have a heroic moment helping save their city and the Sunwell with the knowledge of the Void, which will probably lead to them being welcome back in some sense, albeit probably still with some caution.

Lyria is a brand new addition to Telogrus who literally says in her dialogue that she won’t listen to the magisters or Alleria or the Void or anyone at all for that matter. She is not the representative for how the Ren’dorei as a whole feel at all. She is an Easter Egg of an NPC put there to join the outcast group on the floating rock and keep being her same angry self lol.

I think it’s imperative to remember the Ren’dorei were banished from their home involuntarily. Meanwhile Lyria left on her own because of her own anger at the leaders of the city. So of course the Void Elves as a whole want to go home to the place they never wanted to leave, meanwhile the singular NPC Lyria does not.

Runeleaf knows this but it threatens her very fragile hopes that for some reason the High Elves will leave the Alliance to go to Silvermoon but the Void Elves will not because “they don’t want to” despite Umbric very clearly saying that they do. :joy:

And who knows, when Umbric and Alleria and the rest of the Ren’dorei go to defend Silvermoon and the Sunwell in Midnight, Lyria might not go with them out of bitterness and spite. That’s ok, individuals within groups don’t always have to agree with everyone else. It doesn’t really matter though considering she’s not important at all :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

https://x.com/RamavataramaArt/status/1796742924824109293

The number of High Elf models in the War Within that use Void Elf models is officially double the amount that use Blood Elf models!

And the ones that use Blood Elf models use white and pastel blue hair colors!

It seems they are really making an effort to make High Elves visually similar to Void Elves and not Blood Elves, at least with the options currently available to them

Sidenote but I hope we get these new HD High Elf staves available to us!

4 Likes

Until the sunwell blows up again and all the non blood elves get exiled again and we’re back to square one.

Looks like the bad hairlines are contagious. No wonder the blood elves exiled them

4 Likes

LMAO

Maybe it’ll make the devs realize they need some new ones :rofl:

2 Likes

I dread the horrors that await. As arthas once said, “I see only darkness before me,” this is what he was talking about

Hello I am an elf!

Prove it. Let’s see you eat a mana crystal raw and without milk

1 Like

10 Likes

I hope that these become available, along with the hair of the first guy :')

1 Like

Umbric is really the only one, and he’s mentioned that since… becoming a Void elf. Alleria just quite literally went through a character arc focusing on her letting go of her past and fears, and embracing her nature with the Void, which we see her shedding almost all of the themes that tied her to her past as a high elf.

If anything, Alleria states over and over again that Silvermoon is not her home, and her short story makes it abundantly clear that she is not welcomed because of her nature with the void. Try to downplay it all you want, but it’s very obvious the direction their story is being driven in.

Except this isn’t true, the void elves expressed disdain for the Horde and were eager to rejoin the alliance and then were one of the main driving forces fighting the Horde and blood elves in BFA. Which is something that Ennes and Lyria have in common with the Ren’dorei, as they too expressed a disdain for the Horde and Blood elves, with Ennes quite literally stating that he’d rather be flung to the furthest reaches of space than ever return, and Lyria stating she would never swallow the lies of the magisters again.

If the idea was “The void elves want to return home!” the writers would not have included them, nor given them dialogue promoting animosity between them.

My fragile hopes, did you not read the short story where the civilians hide in their houses, pull shut their curtains all because of her association with the void? Where she repeatedly states that Silvermoon was no longer her home? I think I sense a bit of projection.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this necessarily means anything.

There are Arathi with Void Elf hairstyles, and they’ve never even met the Void Elves. Blizzard seems to be drawing from the existing pool without any regard for lore or logic.

Granted, it’s hair. There’s nothing about Void Elf, High Elf, Blood Elf, or Arathi hair that would make it impossible to style in a way any of those races already have.

4 Likes

It’s called confirmation bias.

I think it’s an implication that they want High elves to represent both groups, so that each side can identify as one without feeling left out.

4 Likes