High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

Bumping your own threads is a violation of the forum rules.

I’m not entirely sure about the tentacle hair for Blood Elves as an arcane counterpart, but since the lore in WoW is constantly changing anyway… I think an explanation could be found there.
But yes, otherwise, one could exclusively associate void corruption with Void Elves, while giving Blood Elves Fel corruption and, consequently, perhaps adding new Fel skin options.

what would a high elf race provide that blood elf and void elf don’t provide?

All of my love for this thread - and ESPECIALLY for some of those hairstyles for female Void/High Elves, dang. :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: Braids?? Yes please!! Feathers and tattoos? Please!!!

Especially for Highvale Elves, who live quite close to the Wildhammer dwarves in the Hinterlands, these sort of options would be amazing.

Add in Blood Elf hairstyles (at least the ones they already share with Draenei, if not all of them), and I think most of my issues with Void Elves as corrupt-a-wish stand-ins for High Elves would be solved entirely. Everything else listed in the OP would just be icing on the cake, really.

Having our racials change or adjust based on skin tone (if we still have to stick to Void Elves as the base) would be great, too. We already have seen them be slightly willing to try and do such a thing, with the recolor of Gift of the Naaru when using a Man’ari skin.

3 Likes

This is all so gorgeous. however, I will not hold my breath for any such customization. I have been hoping for more customization for 15 years for any race but I feel like Blizz knows that people stick around so they do bare minimum. Seriously, it was a big deal BE got like 3 hair colors with 10.2? Other games offer dozens of colors, hundreds of styles, every range of eye color, makeup options, more than 4 tattoos, etc. Everything about this game feels stale at this point as far as character customization.
But again, these ideas are beautiful.

3 Likes

THIS!

Things like a body slider for muscles, body size, ear length, chin, cheeks, etc., and color palettes for skin, hair, eyes, and fur, as well as dyeable armor, have been common for over a decade now, but in WoW… nothing. Literally, one can “look forward” to a handful of new hair colors for one, maybe two races every few months. It’s so frustrating.

1 Like

I cannot explain how much I agree with this.

Blizzard is woefully behind on customizations and that they’re not throwing hundreds of new customizations at us every chance they get is astounding to me.

3 Likes

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

everything by StefieWefie

5 Likes

Why is it so white!? lol

I like those tattoos though!

I don’t know that posting to reserve the first two posts in the line a minute after making the thread counts. lol

Either way the intent is only to hold the posts for overflow related issues. A single post only has so much room for pictures and links in general and if you exceed that amount it breaks. So holding those two will allow me to extend the thread should I need to. I encounter this same problem in my other five threads.

6 Likes

Pretty sure they would be far worse.

Thinking more like the Cataclysm Nozdormu but that general concept.

I am starting to hate the Allied Race concept and would rather you pick “Dwarf” “Elf” ect and them pick a group and racials change accordingly.

6 Likes

BG3 does it the way I wish Blizz would do it. Have your main race, then the subraces and yeah racials and some customizations can be adjusted for each. I mean they could go full BG3 and let everyone use all eye colors, hair colors and styles, jewelry, and such regardless of race.

4 Likes

It’s normal to do something like that. For example, FFXIV does it with subraces, aswell. But the way it is in WoW now, where you can’t even distinguish some of the races from each other, and yet they are presented as distinct races… it’s somewhat laughable, as mean as that may sound. They are nothing more than customization options with extra racials.
When they tried to pass off a third Dwarf recolor as a new race and expansion feature, I genuinely thought they were trying to take us for fools.^^"

3 Likes

Wow this thread is fabulous, so much effort, congratulations, Fen!

All of those ideas and suggestions look fantastic! I know how much you guys love high elves (I have a few friends who keep reminding me every day how much they love them hahaha), I am sure Midnight will be the right expansion for you all.

4 Likes

I know it would be a HUGE overhaul to have the races fall more in line to BG3 and FF(I haven’t played FF so didn’t realize it was the same), but it’s something I wish Blizz would do.

3 Likes

Honestly I’d kill for that in WoW…

I didn’t used to like it but I feel like it could fix a lot of issues.

2 Likes

I always thought a side series of quests that unlocks customizations and a special transmog/ title would be nice to satisfy that in question.

5 Likes

Yeah honestly that could work. Blizzard is already doing some of that recently with things like the Man’ari questline.

2 Likes

Exactly, that’s what I was thinking

2 Likes

They could even add in heritage with those quests and really make people go nuts.

2 Likes

One thing the other thread just reminded me is the tabard.

The SC one is great for high elves but if they were going to include other groups like the Highvale I could see them go with an icon more in line with the past.

The one that jumps to mind is the Courser icon sometimes seen on their boats sails.

Especially since the SC tabard is already something we can get.

3 Likes