High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

There are also high elves with tan/dark skin.:raised_hands:

5 Likes

Sure, but that ones been a thing since back in Cata technically. One of the books featured an elf with dark skin.

One of the many reasons I never understood people who thought that darker skin tones were non-canonical…

4 Likes

We can no longer say that high elves only have pale skin, blue eyes and blond hair.:grin:

Imgur

8 Likes

Aye definitely not gone.

I didn’t think they, or the sunreavers would be. Also I was looking around pictures of the area and there is only a tower from Dalaran at the crash site. I don’t think we’ve lost the city entirely. Looks more like we lost its tower? I’d expect if it was the entire city Blizzard would have left more of it around the landing zone.

Unless the rest was blown up entirely and the tower is all that is left.

1 Like

Aye, it’s very vague.

“Chapter 1 of the Isle of Dorn starts after the Dalaran scenario. We don’t know what happens in the Dalaran scenario, but we arrive rather violently at the Isle of Dorn with a Dalaran crashed (and from the looks of it, competely destroyed).”

But there’s only the tower and we don’t know where the rest is or how we all survived or what happened to the rest.

2 Likes

I was disappointed in the fact we only saw bits and pieces of Dalaran instead of whole thing destroyed near the shores of the isle like huge chunks of it being destroyed.

Perhaps the destroyed city fell into the sea just behind the tower.

1 Like

Thats entirely possible. If you look at the pictures that tower is forward of the beach and its a large bay it looks like?

Hard to tell. But its entirely possible its out there in the water and the part we see is just what we the player and NPC heroes crashed down in.

my guess, khadgar ported them out at last second, but to where

2 Likes

I mean, I guess if Alleria and us as the players survived the fall. It’s logical that others did too, which is nice.

Honestly, I kinda had the feeling they were gonna effectively kill off most if not all High Elves save for say Varessa. And just have us see Blood Elves, and 2nd Generation Void Elves, that are “High Elf Passing”.

beautiful.

1 Like

I do get the feeling that spoiler sacrifice might be related to evacuating the citizenry, so I do really hope we kinda just the city, not the people.

Given there’s a Void Portal to Dalaran in Telogrus in the PTR, and the Stormwind and Orgrimmar Portals in the enclaves, I do think evacuation should have been doable (After Teldrassil, I think most cities would have portal evacuation protocols) specially on a city of mages.

It does open the question: do the Dalarani populace attempt to remain neutral and go elsewhere after evacuation, or would they have to “assimilate” into Alliance/Horde culture? I could imagine many Elves deciding to move back to Silvermoon, or even Suramar hordeside, but on the alliance side? Perhaps it would be neat to see some of them moving to Amirdrassil, although I feel most would like a city like Stormwind, specially the mage quarter (maybe that could be expanded over the space used by the Kirin Tor and the Everbloom Portal?

If they indeed, wish to remain as a neutral population, the problem is that the Kirin Tor doesn’t have any major outposts, so would they return to Hillsbrad?

5 Likes

What are your views in terms of so much datamining on TWW Alpha, however most of 10.2.7 remains encrypted?

Do you think it’s mostly to do with Khadgar? Or do you think there’s space for any explicit integration of Dalaran’s SC within Alleria’s ranks?

Asking this as the presentation of Warbands displays a thalassian female with belf hair, but she’s aligned with Alliance. Could this mean more hair customization for velves maybe? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

It doesnt work, all allied races are races that exists that we just happened to come across. High elves were a very specific group of night elves that left and made the kingdom of silvermoon, who renamed themselves after arthas destroyed the city and killed most of the population. The only “high elves” who survived and werent named blood elves were vareesa and her silver covenant who betrayed the others, but there arent enough to make a playable race, barely enough to populate a small section of dalaran. Void elves didnt make sense either, as Alleria left with a small group of loyal farstriders when she was essentially banished, nowhere near enough to make a playable race, but I guess it goes to show if they did it with that they will do it with high elves too if enough people wanted it. I still think only blood elves should exist as playable races, we should see high and void elves but keep the model original to blood elves.

Thats untrue.

More high elves survived via the Lodges and many lived in Theramore and Stormwind. After Theramore was nuked the survivors went to Dalaran or Stormwind as those were places with high concentration of High Elves.

The Sin’dorei stole the home of the Quel’dorei twice.

Kicked them out of Silvermoon for not wanting to drink Fel and helped nuke Theramore.

3 Likes

Blizz later clarified that what we’re seeing on the mock ups is just that, mock ups. Don’t take what you see on those as fact.

3 Likes

Yes it does.

No we didn’t.

This is not correct.

You apparently don’t know anything about void elves or Alleria or what happened to the soldiers with her during the Second War.

Well thats not what we have so, tough?

This is mostly true or probably true. Don’t forget the Allerian Stronghold though.

Can’t steal your own home so this is false.

One group of Blood Elves was kicked out for refusing to accept the new practice and otherwise fomenting dissention. While they changed their names back to being High Elves they were not associated with the other groups of High Elves that remained. They eventually succumbed to an arcane crystal and apparently engaged in consuming its power enough to become wretched. Which is ironic cause that suggests they did begin consuming mana with the mana tap ability concept.

Lor’themar did seek to rectify the exiling after TBC, as a note.

Returning to a poster with some actual interesting questions…

I think its interesting how much Blizzard is hiding with the 10.2.5 update and prepatch leading me to think something really big is going to happen.

I do think Khadgar is a part of it, but I’m more curious as to Umbric and his role. We know Alleria and Xalatath will have a rivalry of sorts… I wonder if some of Umbrics folk will be offered something by Xal that makes them seek out another route for the Void Elves story that way and Alleria begins to have to navigate some sort of push and pull between her and Xal for the soul of the Void Elves.

I think Alleria will end up seeking out the SC and Dalaran for help in this and I think the SC will begin to work with the Ren’dorei more directly. But Eh I’m probably thinking too big.

As Anadisong answered already, this is just a mock up and probably not much of anything.

Though it would be neat to see hairstyles of all races become interchangeable.

4 Likes

Quel’thalas has always been homes to the Blood Elves. Because the Blood Elves are High Elves. Even though they don’t call themselves High Elves, they are still technically the same race.

5 Likes