High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

Aye a new system like that would be very helpful for the game overall I think.

My only concerns are that it would be limited in some cases. Like I still like stories where I have a high elf looking void elf. I wouldn’t want anything to get locked down super hard.

But otherwise that idea has so much potential.

3 Likes

Yeah! I don’t think there should be anything locked super hard. IMO one option would give you an specific race tag (e.g. High Elf) but should it be a separate option, or linked to a certain racial?

Otherwise and regardless, I feel all options should be open for everyone, specially the aesthetic ones.

Maybe what gives you the name tag is one specific “Core” Racial, which defines you as a member of that group, with all others considered more malleable. But all other options (skins, colors, voice sets, body shapes, etc) shouldn’t be limited.

1 Like

This would be ideal if not a straight up select for the race tag on its own.

2 Likes

Indeed! Tho I do like the idea of linking at least one Core Racial to the denomination but tbh it also works if some racials are just limited to certain race tags.

1 Like

I think I’d rather have it so that one racial is a core racial and that that sets it too.

Would make the RPer in me happier with it.

I would not mind being a High Elf. But only if they do not look like the ones in the Warcraft movie. Those guys looked…strung out. Which, yea, makes sense lore wise, but…ew.

I thought they were supposed to be night elves? I can’t remember it’s been a hot minute since I’ve seen the movie.

Nah they were high elves…

And I also thought they looked… Odd.

3 Likes

I think golden eyes should be added to high elf customizations or to the high elf allied race. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Allied races as a concept need to be killed off but Blizzard doesn’t want to because there is this not insignificant group of people who think an expansion is not an expansion unless they get a new race. Only entirely new races scale the work required exponentially for every expansion, piece of armor, spell, etc from then until the end of time. So Blizzard came up with this, they use the same skeletons, require no new fitting work on armor or with spells, they just paint on different skins and looks.

The problem is it is a clunky system that shouldn’t exist. Players should be free to swap within species customizations. With the diminishing of the Horde/Alliance faction lines I’d say that includes between Blood/Void/High Elves. Same of Trolls, Orcs, Dwarves, etc.

I do think Blizzard should try and preserve some essence of each of these and lock out certain looks. For instance void elves chose to be twisted by the void. I think after unlocking high elves as a free option for void elf players to chose to play as and be instead that choosing a void elf should force some void elements on them such as either void touched hair or void skin colors or both. Just as a high elf shouldn’t be allowed to have void touched hair or skin colors and a blood elf shouldn’t be allowed to have those, neither should a void elf be allowed to have fel green eyes or golden holy eyes for that matter. There should be certain, sensible lore restrictions put into place given that players will be making a choice to make that choice at the barber shop more meaningful and to uphold certain aesthetics for the game and its lore.

I feel like they should be added to the High Elves only if they’re made into their own AR. If they’re not I feel like they should be held for Blood Elves.

Thats just me though.

Lorewise it makes sense for High Elves to also have golden eyes since thats about faith and the Sunwell and not specifically limited to the Blood Elves.

Honestly, it’s kind of sad that no other race gets as much attention from the fanbase as High elves do. Bunch of nice ideas compiled here. Hell looking at the Grotto Netherwing markings I kind of wish Void elves had the same tattoo options as the Netherwing. Glowing tattoos.

Folk like elves, not much we can do about that.

If it helps I have a Furbolg thread, Mechagnome Thread and Kul’Tiran threads going too… And I tried to make a Highmountain and Mag’har thread long ago.

Netherwing tattoos would be amazing for Void elves!

The tattoos above too. They’re based on the WCII Rangers.

3 Likes

I guess I need to just accept it and race change Kaz to a Blood Elf.

Bah, keep yourself an orc. Play what makes you happy. Request what makes you happy. Leave the rest behind.

2 Likes

Tbh, I think Blizzard should just do it at this point and hopefully eliminate this pandora’s box of a topic for good. lol

I’m sure, like with basically all races, folk would still have some sort of request they’d go for.

I’m still not content with Night Elf or Orc options and they have a whole bunch.

But it would be nice for Blizzard to just starting giving folk what they’re requesting rather than random things.

4 Likes

It’s just strange to me that there aren’t any updated high elf NPCs with golden eyes, especially paladins/priests. Arator is the only elf (half-elf) in the alliance with golden eyes. :slightly_frowning_face:

The golden eyes customization for the high elf allied race would obviously make sense but the paladin class could also expand the high elf customizations for void elves.

2 Likes

While in the lore it makes sense Blizzard has so far kept a small amount of options limited between the two groups. I suspect mostly because giving Void Elves green or gold eyes feels to them like a step too far for the races at this time.

Maybe they’ll change their minds, who knows. I’m curious to see if Midnight leads to thalassian elves either sharing everything and becoming “neutral” or if they just get new options and the recombining of their peoples is in story only.

We’ll see.

Aye.

I do think Paladins will come to void elves regardless of such things. Blizzards going to give all classes to all races and have already setup paladins mostly. So I’d expect it one way or another.

I’d love to see the Void be a part of that paladin setup somehow but eh. There isn’t actually anything in the lore saying void elves can’t use the Light.

2 Likes

Because they’ve been in the game since WC2 and where the perfect race for the Allied Race concept but for some unknown reason Blizzard ignores the simple solutions to player satisfaction.

This includes Ogres/Forest Trolls/Dragon Maw/Frost Dwarves/Furbolgs/ect.

I thought the exact same thing.

Fun Fact.

Female Darkiron Dwarves have the same markings as the basic WC2 Ranger. So I don’t think those are an option lol

The Alleria stiled ones are still up for grabs though.

3 Likes