High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

Velf paladins will happen.

But they still won’t be helves. Still velves, even fair skinned ones like alleria

1 Like

My hope for that is barely a flicker at this point but I’ve been surprised before. That would be amazing.

Like that work up a few creators did awhile ago for dawnbringers and Riftblades.

1 Like

Maybe we’ll get helves in name for Midnight. Only time will tell. I personally hope so and at this point idrc if it’s for both factions, I just want playable helves on alliance in name!

3 Likes

The set up is their.

Still miffed the showed a Kul’tiran Paladin yet they still don’t have them as an available class.

A lot of people don’t want to think Disc Priest are a thing for some reason.

But I do find it ironic that a lot of the people who want Forsaken Paladins are dead set against Void Elf Paladins.

Considering the first Generation of Void Elves are all scholars along with a lot of them coming through the rift I don’t see why they would not explore those avenues.

If anything they would be more likely to push those boundaries.

If anything we need more races that view the primordial forces as sources of power rather than things to be worshiped and adhered too.

Not even sure it’s necessary given that the High Elf situation is the same as the Wildhammer one. I.E. you pick the skin and call your character one than they are one. As stated by the deves.

If anything we need a system of naming for every subrace.

4 Likes

That + a racials revamp would be so cool for all races tbh.

7 Likes

considering there are high elf wayfarers wandering around in telogrus rift, seems like just letting us choose them as our race, solves alot of problems. then just remove the void tentacles and the void change and give us pre-tbc racials. tada

2 Likes

If paladins were a more casual class i would agree.
But their relationship with the light is full on devotion.
It wouldnt be a disc priest type thing or anything.

If paladins used and abused the light then sure id find it funny.

… you know what the Blood Knights started as right?

2 Likes

Yeah for all of 5 seconds back in a time when blizzard tried to make race class combos make sense.

technically some of the Blood Knights still draw the Light in that fashion but just from the Sunwell now and have no faith.

So sayeth Blizz Devs via twitter and some panel I think…

4 Likes

Any News on the Alpha for War Within yet?

Not that I’ve heard. Probably wont be for a bit yet.

I’m guessing we’ll hear about it like 2 weeks after this 10.2.6 patch comes out sometime this month. But even then, idk if we’ll get any info on the alpha for a bit other than ‘we have a small group testing alpha’.

1 Like

I mean in terms of simplicity I would just like for us to be able to turn EE visual effect off lol.

But yeah, unless there’s a revamp to the racials system, I don’t think we will be getting HE racials. But if they add a way to customize them, I think there’s a possibility.

4 Likes

Racial customization would work well for a bunch of races as well.

8 Likes

Exactly! It would really not be just for Void Elves, but Wildhammer, Darkfallen, etc. Races that you can play as aesthetically, but don’t have the racials to support the immersion.

Ideally I would like to see some racials tagged as generic (most the professions and resistance ones) others as species based (say, LDF and Draenei only being able to pick Light’s Judgement and Gift of the Naaru) and the last few locked to one specific playable race as it is now (Light’s Reckoning for LFD)

So you get 5 slots to fill your talents loadout (visage races like dracthyr and worgen get those as an extra) with 2 actives (one in combat, one utility)

And some could be race locked according to lore/culture. “Touch of Elune” for example, would be able to be chosen by Night Elves, Worgen and Nightborne.

Others, could be class dependent. Maybe “Spacial Rift” wouldn’t be VE exclusive, but also available for Rogues and Priests (and maybe Hunters)

You could load a default Loadout (recommended) that gives you the current Racials, and choosing racials would be for more experimented players (min maxing and all) They can be swapped, but maybe the CD should be long, like the Zandalari Loa racial.

6 Likes

Aye. At this point I think this would be a good way to “fix” some of the issues with giving races as customizations.

Talent like systems for it would be amazing.

Not sure if I will be “ready” to get High Elves as allied race now. But if we get them as allied race, I will play one for sure.

1 Like

Whether its a new race or a further expansion of customizations. However we get it I’m sure folk will be thrilled. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Like ideally for me “Customizations” and most “Allied Races” should be merged into one system that can be built upon. Of course adding the racials as a part of customization would be a part of it, but so many cool things overall, like merging Humans and Kul Tirans into one race, with the different models as body types, being able to choose a “voice set” (Human, Kul Tiran, Gilnean)

So any new customization options could just be added as options, but those options would include things such as new voice sets (Imagine a Forest Troll or High Elf voice set), racials and not just aesthetic options.

Allied Races would only remain as a system for Races that can’t ostensibly be merged with others, but that still were built using already developed resources, such as Vulpera.

4 Likes