High Elf Customization Thread (Legacy of the Quel'Dorei)

Imgur

Imgur

15 Likes

You’re wrong. As a longtime Horde player I love the idea of Elves and Orcs fighting side by side instead of the standard fantasy trope.

Just because Tolkien wrote a Human, an Elf, and a Dwarf (along with the Hobbits) fought together doesn’t mean every story/franchise out there has to do the same thing. Yes, the Alliance has that with Night Elves, but putting the Blood Elves with the Horde, imo, was a great idea.

4 Likes

There are a multitude of reasons that Silvermoon RP has dropped off and I doubt very much any of it has a great deal to do with high elves. They’d been losing steam in Silvermoon long before Legion even started.

That one group is picking up steam with newer availability does not equal to the cause of another dropping off nor is it really pertinent to this thread.

Rama was so busy with that too!

The Velf ones are amazing as well!

3 Likes

For some maybe that’s why they went horde, you might have a case for rpers, but for pvp/pvers no. There are still PLENTY of belves running around on the horde, even if they aren’t rped as much as they used to be. Belves will always be popular, even though you and I and others are still miffed we haven’t gotten helves in name for alliance yet.

Here’s hoping we get helves in name in Midnight, even if that means they are neutral.

2 Likes

OMG these are amazing! Ugh I need them now!

2 Likes

Maybe hopefully when Midnight shows up the Hype for High Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, and etc that the whole of quel’thalas be brought into Azeroth as a while with new expanded zones and old ones would finally kick off silvermoon rp.

2 Likes

I hope so.

I think Midnight depending on how they do it, bringing the thalassian tribes together, could be an amazing time for rpers of all types.

I sure have ideas for my elves.

4 Likes

It would be for the best if they move the Void Elves into a complete new hero class at this point though. The introduction of the “Void Elves” makes still no sense to me.

Yeah no, keep velves. Yes, their intro to the WoW universe left MUCH to be desired, I have come to very much enjoy this character and my other velves. If they were just a hero class I wouldn’t be able to play my other velves and this character as I do.

If they add in helf by name, then that covers all bases. No need to delete velves even if they weren’t added in well and not what helf players wanted. I enjoy both velves and helves. Both can exist.

3 Likes

I don’t get this concept at all. They’re a race not some class based thing. That’d be like saying the felblood elves or darkfallen should be a class. Its not what they are. They’re subraces of the thalassians.

Why they chose to go with that path is… an odd choice for sure. Like why didn’t they just pull the void elves from the SC or some other group of high elves for instance. (And of course there is always the “why didn’t they just have high elves” part.)

But their entire introduction covers how they came to be, so there is no lack of sense to them.

They’re elves that are infused with the void. Thats what they are.

Do they need more explanation in general? Oh yeah, but they’re what they are and thats not hard to grasp imo.

1 Like

It will not end there. Voice references are the next thing then, trust me. But having race tags should have been a thing for a long time by now.

I see them more like Death Knights. A void-infused being with special talents or attributes.

The biggest mistake for Blizzard was not to give Alleria a better spotlight during the N’Zoth arc in BfA. They could have profited from this story ankle so much from it. At least they were in those nightmare scenarios, which was something I guess.

Yes, I meant as an allied race. We’re getting a 3rd dwarf race, so why not a 3rd Thalassian race? If it’s neutral fine, whatever. If Blizz wants to add forest trolls to horde then sure let alliance finally have helves in name.

But yes racial tags, voice lines, and racial ability looks/flavor text for races that have been relegated to customization options should be added.

3 Likes

My worst case scenario-

The Sunwell gets Voided (Eclypse Well?) and a large chunk of Blood Elves are forcibly transformed into Void Elves.

Alleria offers them sanctuary while the Blood Elves reject them.

Yada yada they learn to work together.

High Elves are just kinda handwaved and maybe given a 1 building outpost, Possibly Quel’lithien Lodge, with all the different groups forgotten.

Nightborne/Night Elves just show up in a patch.

Lor’themar forgives Jaina and Dalaran for the Purge a 3erd time and bends the knee again.

Valeera Sanguinar is crowned leader of all the united elves for reasons.

All the different elf tribes are essentially the same now. And are now written as one group. Maybe even all drawing from the new World Tree. Maybe renamed to Aza-dorie after unification.

“What’s a San’layn?”

1 Like

Was not this before this post of yours but it sure as hell is now!

1 Like

And they would think it was good writing.

That’s unironically an interesting idea lol, with them eventually accepting them back into the folds after they help them restore it

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I hate this so much take it away TAKE IT AWAY

2 Likes

Im unsure if anyone still returns to this thread, but I’ll say it here anyway.

To my past knowledge, Silvermoon RP on Moon Guard is still dead. However, in the most recent past week, Silvermoon over on Wyrmrest Accord has taken a complete 180 as far as popularity goes. Over here, you can find upwards to 20-30 on a normal day and 40-50+ during peak hours. This is likely in early preparation of the Midnight expansion and the decrease in liking Stormwind.

3 Likes

This is a relatively new thread. Only went up december. Though there are a lot of older ones. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is grand news! I’m glad its going so well on Wyrmrest!

2 Likes

Just thought I share this SC recolor of Alleria’s armor I had done, but it also made me think about certain hairstyles, more specifically such things as braids, as beards, thus being able to show on hoods.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GD3BgQdXMAARahd?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GD3Bl1uWkAAxzEU?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
7 Likes