High Elf Customization Request Thread

And hopefully bring in the last few races that have at least already joined the Horde and Alliance. lol

I do want to see things updated. So much unfinished.

1 Like

I’d love to see some of these, at least, also. And some work on the entropic embrace visual. An option to stay in it all of the time, a pure black or very dark purple option, and maybe a starry, glittering option.

Please stop trying to take more from Blood Elves.

“Taking,” implies that the Blood Elves have lost something. As far as I know, despite Void Elves now having natural skin tones and hair colors, copied from Blood Elves, Blood Elves have not lost the ability to use either.

Also, it’s not up to me. I don’t work for Blizzard. If I had any actual say, Void Elves wouldn’t have seen any customizations copied from Blood Elves, and High Elves would’ve been added as a separate Allied Race. Maybe, ‘Half-Elves,’ to distinguish them a bit further and justify a new model. I’d want to pair them with Mok’Nathal too.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the power to determine what we get, so I’ll just ask for what I want and accept what we’re given (if anything). When it came to the new hair colors I wanted (and expected) a copy/paste of Kul Tiran hair colors since they’re natural and share Void Elf hair textures.

Oh well. I’d just like some cleaner hair now. Particularly longer hair on men.

Their uniqueness as a playable race.

1 Like

Right here.

They lost that when Void Elves were implemented as a copy/paste with blue skin and oily hair. The differences at that point were negligible.

And they keep losing more and more and more.

They were referring to a name plate toggle not the tentacle one.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. But it’s not up to either of us, it’s up to Blizzard. And at this moment in time, unfortunately, you are directly asking Blizzard for blood elf hairstyles, which contradicts what you said above.

If it were up to you, and you had the power to ask for unique things in this thread, why would you ask for more blood elf stuff to be copied and pasted? :confused:

I’m not trying to be rude. I don’t like confrontation. But you are directly contradicting yourself unfortunately

An excellent question. It boils down to having what I’d like, versus what I accept is more probable and perhaps even fair.

Taking into consideration how many Void Elf players want more void customizations, and the fact that High Elven customizations already exist, it becomes selfish to ask for new assets to be devoted to High Elven options. There are no void-themed customizations that could be copy/pasted onto Void Elves to expand on that theme for them. As a result, all future void-themed customizations will have to be completely new, which will take up time and resources to make.

I’d like some High Elven hairstyles that aren’t copy/pasted from Blood Elves. I’m willing to accept more copy/pastes out of courtesy for the desires of players who want more void aesthetics on Void Elves.

2 Likes

Yes, please!

Even after they give Void Elves natural hair colors, the hair texture still looks very emo/wicked/voidy…

I really wish they’d give Void Elves the Blood Elf hairstyles, too…

At the moment, there are almost no “High Elf” looking hairstyles for Void Elves, even when you do toggle off the tentacles and give them natural hair colors.

A toggle to turn of Entropic Embrace’s graphic would also be LOVELY, as would the “High Elf” toggle.

I honestly don’t understand their vehement disagreement with giving us true High Elves… it’s mind-boggling, as it’s been that one race that we’ve asked for for… what? 16 years now?

I love my Blood Elves; I love my Void Elves; I want to be able to make true Alliance High Elves, like I can on Horde side…

No, we literally haven’t. They have ALMOST given us what we wanted. It’s like, we ALMOST won the race. Yeah?

2 Likes

“we saw your requests for having the Void Elf tentacle hairstyles to have a tentacle-free option. The team is looking into adding this customization option in 9.1.5 as well.”

1 Like

Yes.

The person you responded to was talking about getting a race name toggle.

The person you were responding to was talking about the Void Elf Tag turning into a High Elf Tag.

Not the tentacle toggle.

I missread it too at first.

No. We all can see that not another elf race is added in the next 5-15 years. You can criticize the group for many things but not this.

They will likely design such a system anyway, regardless of the Void Elves or not. It’s clear that they cannot add every human/dwarf/troll/elf race on the character creator screen, at one point they will switch over to such a system.

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t see anything mentioning a toggle for entropic embrace but maybe I’m just reading too fast lol. Just mentioning a toggle for tentacles

Oh entropic embrace. Must have misread from earlier then. Thought it was about tentacle changes. I have seen nothing on entropic.

I can see this happening in the future as well. Perhaps giving them a new racial name that can encompass both the Original Void Elves & the Alliance High Elf groups like the Silver Covenant and other groups.

3 Likes

I don’t see why not. Void Elves are High Elves, they’re the same race and same people. Racial tags at this point are nothing more than labels people use to identify themselves. Alleria is both a Void Elf and a High Elf, confirmed by Danuser iirc.

Additional racial tags should be available for all races: Undead/Forsaken, Dwarf/Wildhammer Dwarf, Night Elf/Highborne, Nightborne/Highborne, Blood Elf/High Elf/San’layn, Void Elf/High Elf, Troll/Each Troll Tribe, and a long etc.

It’s easy (at least I think it’s easy) and would make everyone happy.

But what about the racials, Lein? How can a High Elf turn blue every x seconds?

Because, again, Void Elves can identify themselves as High Elves? They’re not mutually exclusive. If it bothers you that much you have two options:

1. Macro your main abilities so that it automatically cancels the racial aura and you don’t have to see it.
  2. Ask for more Entropic Embrace skins, including one that is either invisible or very faint.

And you have a third option - use your imagination? Like, you can simply imagine it’s an Arcane spell that powers you up. Why do you need a specific High Elf racial? We already won the most important thing - regular customizations.

1 Like