High Elf compromise

Yea, put a bag over your head and everything looks the same

Which is precisely my point why switching nelf bodies with belf bodies does not make belts look differant. It is the head, face and color that are what identifies the unique quality of a race when looking at elves.

The gameplay decision for void elves to be purple isn’t a reflection of lore, it’s the other way around. The lore is a reflection for the gameplay decision for them to be purple. From a gameplay perspective the Devs knew they couldn’t duplicate, and clone an identical blood elf model, and place it on the Alliance, so they decided to make them purple, and the lore they wrote was to justify this decision.

Unless the devs change their mind on the gameplay purpose of them being purple, no lore is going to implemented to give them human skin tones. Again, it would be in very poor taste to justify their implementation to the Horde by saying “Oh it’s alright, they’re using the belf model, but they’re still going to look different with the complete visual overhaul.” and then wait for them to be released to just give them belf skin tones anyway.

The point is, Blizzard, and the player community do not want a belf clone on the alliance.

1 Like

And then multiple eye colors (including blue,) and skin colors/etc get added to the horde elves.

But, copy pasta ally race inc? I don’t see how you can see all of that then literally do a 180 mentally. Ion said no (more than once and said blood elves are the high elves,) and then they add more high elf (which are blood elves) mods to the blood elves.

Then Blizzard should have made VEs stem from existing Alliance HE population. But why did they not do that? Perhaps because they will be used and playable.

As for the last part, a portion of the player base doesn’t want the other player base to receive and already existing Alliance affiliated race as playable. That doesn’t speak to all players. I’ve never seen any pros say all players support HEs before but apparently the according to you the player community is all in agreement? In fact this is the first time I’ve ever seen an anti argument say this as well.

This is basic storytelling. They chose to use the blood elves be the avenue for this and took a plot thread dangling from the past and expanded on it. Ally elves didn’t factor into it…why would they?

It’s not like they don’t have others interested now, so why is there some weird requirement that alliance elves were involved initially except for headcanon?

1 Like

It was their decision not to do that, for whatever reason, perhaps they had a story idea in mind for the High elves, or maybe they didn’t feel the High elves as a group would ever accept becoming Void elves, we don’t know. You can’t turn it around and say “Oh well we have some alliance npcs, so they belong to us!” That’s not how gameplay balancing works, as you do not play as those characters.

You can’t claim a race that isn’t playable, especially when that race already exists on the other faction. When the Blood elves were first introduced Metzen tells all the players “Blood elves ARE our High elves.” and that was the official stance Blizzard took.

There’s a difference between claiming the identity of a race that has been playable on a faction for over a decade, and trying to claim the identity of a race that has never been playable. High elves do not belong to the Alliance, so you really have no place to tell anyone whether or not they should have access to them.

2 Likes

Well actually this is what the entire argument comes from. You also have no right telling players they don’t have rights to request a race they want?

Or to speak for the entire player community apparently.
:roll_eyes:

We do, because we ACTUALLY play this race. The fact that you’re trying to draw a parallel between a race that has NEVER been playable to you, to a race we’ve been playing for over a decade is pretty absurd.

1 Like

Oh okay so instead of simply saying you’re an anti on the topic of HE’s and having your reasons which are valid, your hill your standing on is you have the right to tell other players not to request a race.

The eye colors and skin tones don’t make what these folk want to play… and regardless of that, Blood Elves should have those things too.

Its not a 180. Hes literally saying “We’re not doing them as an AR in BfA, but anything is possible later.” Thats literally what hes saying. If you stop listening to him halfway through I can see you coming up with a no answer.

I just see him saying no we’ve no plans to add them in the near future. Cause hes a dev.

I agree with you here, which is why folk asking to get the customization isn’t the worst idea. Especially if they have some scenario where Void Elves and Alliance High Elves join together and the high elves become void elves. Even more so if they use Alleria’s way to become them.

That would be a compromise of the story as you have it and what the players actually want.

A good compromise. Void Elves drawn from High Elves.

Talk about it all you wish
Opposition will continue to talk about how they don’t want the unique faction/ race identity and look of the blood elf (high elf) to be infringed upon.

why are you guys not asking for a new rig? A half elf?

I’m sure we will.

And you should. Your voice matters too!

These are not things to be taken lightly.

They have actually. Several times. Also the Half Elves.

1 Like

Remind me what the op of this thread requested for a compromise.

Because we have a say in whether or not our race is cloned onto the other faction? I’m confused as to why this concept is lost on you? Even Blizzard understood this concept, and explained to the players when asked about Void elves, and why they were changed.

I’m sorry that you can’t understand why Blizzard wouldn’t want to upset one of the largest playerbases by cloning that race and throwing it on the other side.

2 Likes

That’s like literally 95% of the request.

Congrats on being the only one in the opposition who has grasped that, Vick. :clap:

Sure. But you can you know… Scroll up for that.

Also thats not pertinent to what we’re discussing or the views of those you’re currently talking with. One person doesn’t represent us all. Just like one of you doesn’t represent the antis.

Hell sometimes I agree fully with some anti’s and their arguments.

I’m all for the alliance high elf crowd getting a unique model.

6 Likes

Me too!

Some aren’t and they’ve been shouted down a lot here and there.

1 Like

This is a new feeling for me, i’ve literally never seen this.

Reason? Logic?

Inspiring. You’re fantastic Vicktoria. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

You’re confusing the fact you said you have the rights to tell other players not to request HE’s. As if thats what I’m now getting at?

This is what you’re getting at. But you also claimed the player base.

Which is also incorrect. The player base is on both sides of the issue.