High Elf compromise

:popcorn:

Well this very constructive post promises a good spectacle.

1 Like

Yes
some can be ignored, but some things just have to be pointed out and people held accountable, imo.
But anyways
enough of this, I think! :crazy_face:

Well this thread’s been up long enough so I figured I would give my opinion.

While I don’t think Void Elves should get straight up uncorrupted options I do think there is room for more human looking skin colors to be added.

In addition to other ‘unnatural’ colors like ivory white or charcoal black/dark gray.

That said, this would still not fulfill the High Elf fantasy as they are both fundamentally different groups. It would just be new things for Void Elves.

It excludes desired things like Half Elf options and any new High Elf specific features they would get. They also would not get their own mounts or heritage armor that represent High Elves and their voice/jokes would still be 100% Void Elf.

So on the grounds of getting new things for Void Elves it’s a good idea.

On the grounds of filling the need for High Elves it still does not deliver.

My 2c.

6 Likes

I think this is fair, I think Alleria still looks voidy imo, but I can see where they would have Void influences in them still.

And I agree it doesn’t effect the HE request in the slightest.

2 Likes

There was a fan concept floating around where it was a flesh colored void elf but it kept the purple hands/feet/ear tips/under eyes that I think looks more then appropriate.

I need to find that again.

Unless someone else wants to find it for me. <_<

4 Likes

Ooo yeah I’d like to see it I hope you find it!

Honestly, the thing I think is better is just having more customisations options for every Allied Race too, not just the core races. And actual in-deph detail for AR’s to move foward within each and every future expansion.

I don’t see any issue with Void Elves getting fair skins, especially for any new Void Elves in the future

But still, we need the High Elves to become playable for the Alliance.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/3zuCYG1.jpg

Found a decent resolution copy. I was hoping to find the source as well.

If someone with trust level 3 could post it that would be nice.

Given that ARs are already severely lacking in customization compared to the Core Races I think they are going to need to focus on them at some point.

2 Likes

NICE! I like it actually for Void Elves :o

2 Likes

That looks weird to me. I wouldn’t use it personally, but to each their own.

Maybe if you reverse it so that their voidy status isn’t hidden by gloves and pants.

2 Likes

I think there could be a way to show it in the face without having it be blue entirely. Like tattoos but not tattoos per se, sections that travel down like scars but I don’t want to say scars either.

That’s some gnarly frostbite that they may want to see a l̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ doctor for it. Or those are actually just high/blood elves who have been helping the Nightborne mix their new arcwine.

It also, to me, looks horrible and even beyond that it’s the wrong way for the void elves to go customization wise. On top of that I’d say if they were going to get regular skin tones like that they would have had them from the start. It defeats the purpose and goes against what they’ve stated they do NOT want to do.

1 Like

It can’t be, because any other allied race is in the same damn faction

to the same race in the same faction, you want dilute it, in 2 different factions

tired of this false analogy you guys use all the time.

too bad your appeal to emotion making you guys look like victims and just poor poor players wanting something and we the evil players who want to deny your dream isn’t going to work

That is melodramatic

2 Likes

I think that they need to really delve into their void nature in the story and in the model. I’m ok for more skin tones that fit their background. But that mock-up falls in the “how can we make them look like blood elves with easily concealed bits of void skin.” I could get behind a reverse where the extremities hadn’t yet turned, or some more blotchy type deals where the old skin color shows up in small bits.

7 Likes

That is fine and valid, then don’t.

I agree, and I think you know it does not change my support for HE’s. But for VE fans that have valid reason to want to seem more “tainted” by Void-esque like Alleria, since Blizzard explicitly states she is a Void Elf, and they said so well knowing how she became a VE and they chose not to focus on how she became one. It opens the door to VE fans I think requesting that look. Not to say it shouldn’t also come with ways to make VE’s more void like also, but could come with more human skin diversity options as well. That is just my two cents.

6 Likes

The right one definitely has potential to become an option.

And even if you cover everything but the head it still looks like a Void Elf.

The ear tips are even purple.

I think this is the best way to give void elves a more “normal” option.

I won-

Oh.

I agree with this. I have no issue with that idea. Also the reverse as Tarrok brings up.

I want more hair tentacle options. I want hair that has that glorious voidy starfield that our racial mount has or other things like it. Give me more void options cause I want more of that and not of what we’ve already got the option for. Hopefully we’ll see this really get explored since we’re the race with the strongest void connection and that really deserves to be explored. Void elves need to be what they are and not what they are not.

1 Like

Yeah
 that is not a great look. Why’d you make this?