High Elf compromise

You know, that’s also been a request before too, to have Night Elves with fair skin tone and natural hair colors.

I’ve actually brought it up before too and provided an image source from Chronicle, but it went south rather quickly, whether it was by anti’s or not I can’t entirely remember but it is something I am on-board with if it were on the table.

Though admittedly I feel that Highborne should be an allied race, because a Night Elf with more golden hues and tones would seem more like a Morning Elf to me.

The argument people try to give for it not is “its not the Night elf lore, they are all purple elfs” I then in turn respond with we all thought blood elfs where only white, but we where wrong. which is why I support Night elfs and Void elfs getting skin tones but keeping the features that make them said race.

I’m confused as to what you’re even complaining about here? I like the Highborne, and I’m happy to see the Night elves getting that customization, just as I’m happy that Blood elves are getting their high elf customization.

2 Likes

I would say it’s an issue of it will still be a hotly contested and debated topic, because the anti’s do seem to come across that they don’t want the Alliance to have a non-purple elf option no matter what ideas we bring that may be rather different from the High Elf request.

Highborne don’t come up often because while there is one artwork that showcases Night Elven Highborne fighting blue dragons in Crystalsong and they clearly have fair skin and hair, others are quick to point out that the Highborne would more logically look like Azshara or the Shen’dralar that are defined as Highborne and still have more Night Elven looks.

I don’t really see Night Elves getting fair skin as it seems yet though, just a blonde hair color which is more of an autumn shade to likely reference a more seasonal nature motif to them, even if I may prefer or like the idea that they have Highborne options too, it just does not seem to look that way to me at all for the moment.

This is because the whole justification for adding a Blood elf clone was the fact that the Void elves would look entirely different. Blizzard acknowledged that players didn’t want a clone of their race on the opposite faction, and made the neccessary changes to alter their look and feel. You don’t think it would be in bad tastes to then, months later, make them look like Blood elves anyway?

I’m confused as to why you’re surprised about this.

Highborne do look like Night elves, because well, they are Night Elves. The court of Farondis are composed of Highborne Night elves themselves, and look identical to Night elves, although they can be seen wearing more elegant robes, and behave less savage than average Night elves.

I doubt they would ever get “fair” skin like the Blood elves, but they are considerably more fair than average Night elves, which explains why the new skin colors look lighter, and have a more humanesque peach tone to them, and less purple/blue.

The whole justification to Night elves becoming mages was the introduction of Highborne into their ranks, and they fight along side them as evidenced in the short novel War of the thorns. So it makes sense that they’d have access to those customizations.

2 Likes

Not surprising that the antis continue to write doctoral theses on why they think that the Alliance shouldn’t get their playable high elves.

I do commend you, OP, for presenting an intelligent compromise proposal.

2 Likes

That is a separate matter you’re wanting to bring up again but is not what I’m talking about, the request for Highborne doesn’t exist because your camp would be vehement against it as they are want to be on any matter that involves wanting a more human-like elf on our side even if we do propose different skeletons that diverge them away from the same silhouette as the Blood Elves.

However, the request for Highborne options actually do exist on our discord and are welcome as well, they perhaps don’t exist here because of the policing that it will get met with by Blood Elf partisans that wish to only see the Horde have the fair elves.

The fact that you’re also surprised by this shows to me that you lack the wisdom on how your own camp operates as well.

1 Like

Makes about as much sense as giving MU Orcs Maghar customization or giving Nightborne Night Elf customization.

Because there are no High Elves in the Horde.
No High Elf would be caught dead calling themselves a Blood Elf, despite how some players might like to RP that way.

The Fact of the Matter, they’re giving an Alliance Race Customization to a Horde race…But there are pages and pages of Horde Players complaining it’s the other way around. It’s like their completely diluted in their own entitlement, that they actually accuse others of it.

1 Like

I actually meant the bgs though.

AB = forsaken vs human
WSG = orc vs night elf
AV = orc vs dwarf
EOTS= blood elf vs draenei (not too sure on this one)

It wouldnt make sense if races were to suddenly go neutral unless they revamp these bg again.

i ALSO would like us to change our dance styles.

Alliance faction. Not race.

High elf = blood elf.

With the sunwell restored and now infused with both holy and arcane, it makes sense for blue eyed blood elves.

Not really. They can be framed as Mercenaries hired to fight for resources instead of Armies.
Or BGs could be implied War Mode.

No, Race. As much of a Different race as MU Orcs and Maghar Orcs. One was tainted, the other wasn’t.

And High Elves (as a Race) still was part of the Alliance FIRST, so really, Blood Elves are the separate Faction that that split off to join the Horde.
So High Elves are an Alliance race that the Horde got the Copies of.

1 Like

One was around one kind of magic, the other wasn’t. Not tainted.

The eye colors have nothing to do with High vs Blood Elf.

If a regular old fashioned High Elf spent their time around fel crystals to power their buildings, they’d turn green too.

1 Like

Alliance high elves seem like a little redundant, they allready have void elves model. But a lot of people want them , so I don’t know. I think blizzard is on the fence about it.

2 Likes

The other way round really. (Garithos)

High elf is a faction that split off (exiled from silvermoon for not feeding fel magic). How could be the majority be the ones that split off?

The ONLY difference is that blood elves fed off fel magic and have their eyes turn from blue to green.

They were blue in the first place as they fed on arcane magic, which is what the sunwell is now. Holy/arcane.

Now that they are again feeding on arcane aspect of the sun well, they ae getting blue eyes back. Similar to how them getting gold eyes by feeding off the holy magic from the sun well.

Edit: now that blood elves are getting blue eyes back, what are thebdifference between them aside from political views?

As much as this is indeed happening, i still think that mag har should be a customization for normal orc. I can still put up with it since they are in their own factions. Just like dwarf and dark iron dward. Draenei and LFD. Tauren and HMT.

Well also that Void Elves have a whole mess of other issues related to them, such as being the weakest race ever introduced in terms of worldbuilding and flavor.

And I don’t see Blizzard capitalizing on it any time soon, and whatever they may do later will be too little too late.

High Elves aren’t terribly interesting but they have one thing Void Elves will never have, which is that they actually had a proper footprint in the lore and a historical tie to the Alliance and the world itself that Void Elves don’t have, and such a thing is important to a playable race I would say.

3 Likes

No. While some warlocks may have, the general Blood Elven population did not feed on fel. It was used to power our buildings and the radiation from it turned the eyes green.

6 Likes

Was that it? I need to brush up on my lore.

I specifically remember that theuy would turn into the wretched if they did not consume any magic though, and fel was the ones readily available.

I was confused for awhile too. Its possible it was retconned a bit. But the current lore is that they did not feed upon it in general and the radiation of the Fel crystals used to power the buildings changed their eyes.

Also the Wretched are the ones who OVER fed on magic not deprived of it. They let their addiction to magic overtake them.

That’s the definition of Tainted. The AMOUNT of which is not relevant.
It’s enough to have a physical effect.

But that’s not what separates them. Culture is drastically different, down to High Elves refusing to suck Energy from Living things (it’s questionable if they even can because they refused to learn how.)

Nope. If anything Garithos proves what I said. The Blood Elves left the Alliance partially because of him, leaving the Alliance Loyalists behind… though that was the second time they left.

Only Renthar’s group was exiled from Silvermoon.
Both Vereesa’s and Alleria’s High Elves refused to leave the Alliance when Anasterian pulled out. As well as those in the Kirin Tor (which technically remained neutral) and those who Followed Jaina and remained in Theramore. There are also several other High Elf camps all over Azeroth, or rather was. The Horde wiped most of them out.

As I said above, cultural as much as political.