High Elf compromise

:frog: :tea: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

And yet, all to

Yeah, you were refering to me. Nice try Broflake.

1 Like

I just want to say there is a lot of people who are able to disagree with civility, and always validate others perspectives at the same time, and I have always found you to argue in good faith, even when you were an anti on the topic, I never felt you tried to invalidate Pro HE fans, and even now you continue to argue with clarity and in good faith.

8 Likes

I can certainly understand how it could be interpreted otherwise when the request is silenced, but, akston, murg, and I have always been strict advocates about your ability to request things.

I personally dont like spam is all.

To be honest, i dont believe its really intentional. Deva just think.
Blue eyes causeā€¦we like it.
Usually purposeful stuff is larger and seen more easily off the bat.
Like the lack.of DH eyes, or a hm taurens horns

Well that comment about you, was prior to my comment about bad mouthing.
Different posts Sara.

If you dislike my comment, that is fine, maybe stop insinuating different from what people tell you, and you wont get criticized so harshly.

I am appreciative of that Lann. Honestly, they can throw everything at me, and accuse me of doing anything. The real truth is out there, they just rather falsely accuse everyone of doing the wrong thing without realizing what they are doing.

3 Likes

Oh, trust me, and also, thanks for proving to me that Antiā€™s also falsely flagging post when you said, I need to be silenced.

Thatā€™s good at least, though I guess itā€™s unfortunate that you canā€™t control the policing that happens, ah well I guess.

I wouldnā€™t say what we want is spam at all or anything though.

Well, for whatever reason Void Elves have it because it makes them look spookier.

I see it on Blood elves too and it makes them look spooky like Void Elves now.

Because theyā€™re practically the same eye color to me, and then thereā€™s the more eerie white option Blood Elves get too which I canā€™t tell if itā€™s a blind option or another Void Elf option. :man_shrugging:

I donā€™t know what this means.

Yes, just like I like to have the option to play a character that has color options besides blue, purple, or charcoal grey, but at the same time I want to play something other than a Human in my chosen faction of preference. (Even though I like humans, but I like more options and variety.)

Well the Blood Elf eyes do pierce my soul like Void Elf eyes do I can say that much.

This is a fair point. I look at it as less compromising on High Elves and more giving them a few new concepts on Void Elves that fit the Alleria fantasy. IMHO this is why I say ā€œMake all High Elves turn into Void Elves through some Alliance based accident, including Vereesa and the Silver Covenant.ā€

4 Likes

Hey Cezol, it workedā€¦

https://i.imgur.com/fMvxt0E.jpg

Sadly, I only think it works with a troll, not any other race.

You keep saying that Blood elves want Void elf blue eyes, whichā€¦ isnā€™t true at all. The blue weā€™re getting looks nothing like the Void elf eyes. Iā€™ve already shown you the examples of high elf eyes, and Blood elf blue eyes and you were unable to determine the difference, VOID elf eyes however are easy to discern. And beard options are not exclusive to Void elves either, as Blood elves have some beard options already, just not a very extensive list.

Thereā€™s no lore precedent to say that the Void elves that were changed in the rift would have the same capabilities as Alleria, who absorbed a dark naaru. You want lore change to accommodate your request, not the other way around.

3 Likes

That + giving Void Elves actual development lmao. Blizz gives the Alliance an AR that lives off ROCKS, can you blame them for wanting the dream High Elf fantasy?

There was no lore to believe the Sunwell would be cleansed either, then it happened. Was it not a hope of BE players though prior to? I donā€™t recall I wasnā€™t playing then but it sure was a lore addition thats applauded now.

6 Likes

They didnā€™t cleanse the Sunwell to fulfill a player request for a customization, they even went over this in the interview when they explained why blood elves were getting gold eyes. The choice to give gold eyes to blood elves was an afterthought as a result of the evolving lore.

Itā€™s another thing entirely to ask that the lore be changed to accommodate a request however.

1 Like

Seems appropriate lol

1 Like

So now that we are in a new era focusing on customization, VE fans have valid reason to want the Alleria fantasy, so perhaps they should since focusing on customization find lore reasons why.

3 Likes

How did I ever get the feeling that we were being called trolls, just makes no sense.

Except in doing so you ignore the very reason why Void elves were changed visually in the first place. It seems like a pretty underhanded thing to justify adding Void elves under the precedent that they will look very different from Blood elves, only to change your mind after theyā€™re implemented and demand they look similar to Blood elves.

1 Like

To be fair, there is no lore to suggest that all future Void Elves would be transformed by the Void Etherals as well, considering the current Void Elves that we have are the ones that were saved by Alleria during the Void Transformation too.

Now, I donā€™t look at the request of Blue Eyes for Blood Elves is something to take away from the Alliance, or to take away from the Void Elves, but the Blue that the Blood Elves look to be getting seems to be more like a Death Knight colour as if to say that it is in terms of Blood Elves are just nothing more but a touch of death.

EDIT: Sorry, I donā€™t think I made much sense within my post.

2 Likes

Thats the same thing with the Sunwell, it reverted the BE narrative some, less edgy now I think, still love them though.

6 Likes