High Elf compromise

The fact that she’s a goody two shoes it’s the least of my concerns.

The fact that she abandoned her people as they were diying and hid for decades in the same town that was actively attacking Tarrent Mill while she played dumb as if she had no idea who the Forsaken were is what makes her a character that should go nowhere near the Forsaken.
This alone makes it laughable to say that she has any legitimate claim just because of her last name.

I couldn’t care less about her moral compass, I despise that they decided to bring her back at all.

If they had brought her back as an undead, an undead that was turned by the Scourge, but simply hid away because she was coping with this, I could stomach it even if she was as much of a doormat as Baine (well maybe, not as much, but perhaps Lor’themar levels). As she is right now, she needs to go the way of the character that shall not be named.

Do I have to post the Nope clip again?

Y’all really can’t stand Horde having anything, can you?

2 Likes

Wasnt she hidden from the world. To keep her safe then that undead priest teach her how to be a priest? Isnt she still regardless the rightful heir fo her kingdom. That’s the point you can dislike her but lorderon is her kingdom. As well as most undead love her for she is most of them being lorderon born there princess.

She was hiding in Southshore of all places.

I still remember how the majority of the quests there for Forsaken were to fend off the constant skirmishes that town started.

And don’t even get me started on the whole debacle in Arathi because boy, Faol was as dumb as a turnip in that one.

Anyway, I should stop derailing this thread with my outrage over Calia… again.

1 Like

we asked for helf models with different idling stances, hair colors, hair styles, skin colors from pale to black, and a different silhouette. we didnt ask for a copy / paste of a belf. we wanted them to look different enough that it wouldnt feel like we just got a copy/paste with different hair, as many belfs did not want their models copied, and we were enthusiastically agreeing.

3 Likes

She was the last surviving member of the menthil family. Its called keeping the line safe. It doesn’t matter what you think her last name does give her right to the city of lorderon. Her people do love her. Let her character be built upon. She died seeing her people so that does say quiet a bit. But you are correct back to the topic. Void elfs need more skin tones.

She also abandoned her kingdom and ignored her people for decades.

She has claim over a loaf of bread at most.

1 Like

I really don’t blame her for hiding, Arthas literally slaughtered everyone she loved. I’d be traumatized and afraid if I was in her situation.
As I said, I do think it’s random that she showed up out of the blue, but she cares about the forsaken and she even died for their freedom.
What matters is that the forsaken are no longer disposable minions.

Finally, I do prefer Sylvannas before Blizzard completed destroyed her character.

Most people who play this game play both factions by the way, I don’t think it’s appropriate to call people out based on the color of their frame…

1 Like

She was a child. She didnt abandon her kingdom she survived. Having claim over a kingdom isn’t something as simple as being liked or disliked. Its her kingdom she has claim that’s how it works. Do you understand that? It’s happened in history, books etc. So long as one member lives the kingdom is theres by right. The reason she would have been a threat to sylvanas is because of that right and the people loved her.

To be fair, a morally grey elf may have put an arrow through her chest way quicker if she didn’t hide for so long. But yeah, I doubt the menethil name really means much anymore to her people.

Hiding, understandable.

Ignoring the fact that the town where she lived actively attacked the Forsaken? Not so much

What on earth are you talking about?

Ew…

I mean technically the forsaken could mingle with humans again since it showed in Before the Storm that some of them are still attached. It was only Sylvannas who prevented this.

I’m going to be yelled at now, probably.

She clearly meant quiet a bit to her people hence the whole Arathi thing.

Not yelled, but I did roll my eyes and let out an exasperated sigh.

Every time I see people rolling with the utter abomination that was Before the Storm it just shows that, regardless of what side they played, they never really bothered understanding the Forsaken.

And I get it, it’s canon, but that doesn’t make it any less ridiculous.

The world has moved on from vanilla…

I doubt there’s forsaken still shaking their fists at a town they had skirmishes with in vanilla, especially after they blighted them all into goop lol.

Because thay finally got back to them, yes.

But that still doesn’t change that she simply sat back and chilled while the living lordaeronians were actively attacking the undead ones.

EDIT: Ok, I’m honestly done with the derailment, I don’t need to go into another one of these.

A Calia conversation?

Whyyyyyy

One of the silliest things to happen to the story in BFA, in a story full of silly things.

I know, I know, I fell right into it like the chump I am.

But you know me, she’s mentioned and I start foaming at the mouth.

1 Like

I can relate.

I can’t stand her.

Ima make a forum just for you.

The hillsbrad humans were fighting back by the way, as a response to Verimathras ordering the forsaken to kill all the humans…

I’m a huge fan of the forsaken story too, and while I don’t adore Calia and would much prefer the Sylvanas before she went crazy, I see her as what she is. A decent person who cares about her people.

Logically it would be possible for forsaken a human relations to rekindle, but obviously this would not be good from a gameplay point of view.

It would be neat for the forsaken and humans to resettle the northern kingdoms as allies under Calia.

(this is from a current lore perspective, I totally agree that Calia was an unnecessary addition to the story, but I simply look at ways things can progress now that there’s no more war. I’m not trying to trigger anyone)