High Elf compromise

I’m saying she’s a void elf, but she doesn’t really leave any open doors for other void elves who look like her because her physical reality isn’t really something that can be easily replicated if at all.

2 Likes

Yeah… The models we got do look kinda awful.

1 Like

I’m really not a huge fan of the overuse of emojis.

Also, no, Alleria isn’t a Void Elf. She is not the same as Umbric, I’m sorry. I do think using Rendorei as an umbrella term for all elves willing to participate in practicing the void makes sense, but nah, not she’s not a Void Elf.

Then don’t use them? :thinking:

So Ren Dorei as an umbrella term is fine, but Alleria’s still not a Void Elf? Did I read this correct?

Well Blizzard chose to say explicitly she is a Void Elf. So I understand what you’re getting at with her becoming one being different circumstances. But they chose to say she is a VE, the first VE.

They didn’t say she is one but obviously she’s different.

They explicitly left it at she is a Void Elf. Which leaves the door open to argue for diverse human skin tones through Alleria’s example. Perhaps the next batch if they ever have more VE’s will be shoehorned in to give those options. Perhaps they’ll just give them and cite Alleria as the reason.

I’m not going to argue whether you want the request or not. But Blizzard chose to say she is a VE so I was agreeing with you that she is a VE.

1 Like

I meant that I wasn’t a fan of reading them, but you seem fun so I’m cool with it.

But yes, Alleria is not a Void Elf because she isn’t like the playable race. When it comes to using Void Elf as a term or Rendorei as a term it needs to be either or. She is not the same as Umbric’s crew, so that’s why I state that she’s not a Void Elf.

Also this does come up quite a bit. Just google search “Alleria a void elf” or “Alleria not a void elf” and you’ll see a lot of reddit / mmo champ posts wondering why Void Elves dont look like her if they’re supposed to be one in the same.

And yet when Blizzard spoke on it, they said she is a Void Elf.

The she is not the same as Umbric part is something you’re adding on.

1 Like

I’m just saying it’s a request based in gameplay not in the lore which is perfectly fine, I think people who try to claim lore is the only thing that matters are being wilfully ignorant of the reality that this is a game and games are meant to be fun, not accurate to source material. You argue that if you like, I’m just pointing out that it’s not a “solid” reason for it to happen.

1 Like

Sorry buddy, she’s not a void elf. I think it’s time to move on.

Blizzard has stated otherwise, so yeah move on.

Nah, who cares what Ion says. He said he’d make high elves playable and then stated that they were the same as blood and void elves.

So what makes a void elf a void elf then? Did blizzard answer that for you?

My support for VE fans to receive more customization doesn’t stop my support High Elves. But I’m not going to spread misinformation on Alleria either, she is a Void Elf.

2 Likes

So, thank you that. Now I know you do not look at anyone who request for High Elves as part of the World of Warcraft Communtiy.

There has been a reason why I have been ignoring you with this question. Maybe you should read things properly before asking a question that is going to get ignored.

Except, that is what Void Elves are. A complete clone off the Blood Elf model. Oh, you think painting it a new colour and giving it a new name is going to make it brand new?

2 Likes

Skin. Please go on. I am all ears.

I disagree completely. I will continue to spread my words of wisdom on her not being a void elf because it is the correct information. Unless Blizzard does a complete retcon of her story arc in 7.3 and the recruitment questline, she will continue to be a beautiful high elf. Do you have any answers to my previous questions though?

And look at you talking to yourself, even liking to yourself.

4 Likes

Still waiting

Wait, WAIT. Is this true? Are these 2 alts of one person that was replying to me and replying to each other?

3 Likes

That’s sort of the point we’ve been making for years, hominid.

Obviously it matters, Blood elf skin tones were the first thing some Alliance players requested after all, if it didn’t matter I can’t imagine why they would bother. You can’t both downplay, and promote the importance of a color scheme at the same time.

1 Like