High Elf Compromise Celebration Thread

I just hope the non- void themes don’t steal too much from Blood elves, and they take on the Alleria style, the tats and everything.

This entire crusade to me? I just did not really care.

But I will say this. Watching the High Elf crowd in their vindication is like reading that scene from the last Harry Potter when the House Elves burst out of the kitchen and attack the death eaters.

I may have had no horse in this race, but damned if watching people who got kicked down constantly have a win is fun to watch.

That said, any Hordies upset by this? Use this as an impetus to argue for something actually worth having! You should be demanding dwarves, if you had any sense, and stop worrying about your mutant trolls.

Was thinking the same, if High Elves are joining Void Elves, under the Void elf banner, there should be a Paladin avenue.

I don’t think they will. I’m actually more at ease about it now then I was before. If it’s under the umbrella of going by the name Void Elf. I’m a lot more at ease with not thinking HE fans will start asking for BE story. As they may be HEs but the VE theme prevents them from having the same level of validation when coming up with ideas. Like the notion Quel’thalas belongs to the HEs of the Alliance and not Sin’dorei that no matter how small a vocal minority always bugged me.

EDIT; it also puts to bad that awful idea about taking BEs off the Horde and making it a neutral race for either side to pick, which would arguably give rise to more people wanting Quel’thalas. So that idea is also halted. So again this seems to be a way for the best of both worlds and the Alliance HE doesn’t infringe on BE things under the banner of the Void Elves, I’m liking it more and more it just needs lore additions.

1 Like

Fixed. /10char

THANK YOU PREACH MY FRIEND. I don’t understand how the pro high elf community is okay with this BS compromise, I feel cheated :frowning:

1 Like

We didn’t ask for blood elves for the alliance, we asked for high elves. There was a thousand ways they could have handled this better my friend :frowning:

1 Like

Should be tho? I mean I would like it, more class/race combos, better, but “should” implies necessity, with I just don’t agree paladins are for either VE or HE themes.

Honestly it’s just an issue of framing, I don’t mind it either way and I would make my VE Warrior a Paladin if I could, but what I personally want and what I truly believe High Elves need are different things sometimes, and I don’t see how VE/HE need paladins.

Void shaman, who we have seen now several times show up, now those would have been a REALLY cool addition to VE’s, and help make them more unique in elven terms.

Such a waste of an allied race slot to have high elves when we already have Void elves that look almost identical

Fixed /10 char

2 Likes

I’m happy about these customization options but we must not forget about the lore either. The blood elf / high elf conflict was very interesting to me as it gave pretty decent reasons as to why each group is on a different faction. As of now, the void elf lore throws all of that away, and having them look like High Elves pollutes their own terrible lore as well.

Just retcon everything on void elves, there’s pretty much no lore on them anyway so it wouldn’t be difficult. Have Alleria & shadow priests keep their own void theme, but please take it off void elves and don’t shoehorn high elves into it. The void expansion is over and they’ve only made a few cameo appearances, it’s done more harm than good as we still keep seeing high elves who have nothing to do with them.

Focus on the exile theme, focus on the sunwell withdrawal theme, maybe even give them a shamanistic theme, but once again I beg Blizzard to pleeeeease drop the void theme. As we can see any race can dabble too far into the void, and that’s probably the reason why blizz has trouble developing void elf lore because you could replace the “elf” with any other race. Please just retcon this void bs and move Vereesa, the Silver Covenant, and the Quel’danil elves forward with this group.

I’m not upset about the lore because I’m pretty confident we’ll see Blizzard explaining that our High Elves are turning into Void Elves or that they’re simply normal High Elves studying the ways of the Void and putting it into practice, but want to consider themselves as Void Elves instead of High Elves nonetheless, and that’d explain why there are fair-skinned Void Elves.

So in the end we’d really be getting what we wanted: both the lore and the looks. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is still my issue, that said with the new skin tones it very easy to just pretend I was one of the Alleria loyal high elves of the alliance who has started learning the ways of void magic. As those elves are present in the rift its a plausable backstory, thus, I would have never been part of the horde, and never been a bloodelf.

2 Likes

Disagree compleatly, leaning the ways of the void should lock you out of ever becoming a paladin. Void elf paladin is as much of a contradiction as you could get. A paladin who can use spacial rift simply dosen’t add up…

1 Like

Yes, I’m having a hard time imagining Void Elf Paladins… perhaps a new “class” skin for Paladins named Void Knight, available for Void Elves and Undead. It’d simply be the Paladin class, but Void-centered.

2 Likes

I’d be fine with that, so long as they give them purple spell effects instead of the golden light ones… Which is something we haven’t seen done yet. Sunwalkers should have got unique spell effects too to show they arn’t actually paladins, but that didn’t happen either.

1 Like

I hope they at least make the Void Elf-High Elf underwear blue. Just to help separate them from Blood Elves a bit more.

2 Likes

I agree! I believe I read somewhere that devs were reluctant to do this as that would imply a lot of work whenever they wanted to update a Paladin spell for example. But it’d be sooo cool. The same with other classes, like Void Fire Mage :heart_eyes:

They are!!!

They are everything High Elves are but better. They have their history, ideals, culture, but with a cool new take. Void Elves are better than High Elves.

1 Like

Oh? Where’s that confirmed?