High Elf Compromise Celebration Thread

Inb4 you’re called a lore casual because this is cezol we are talking about and half his “argument” involves just being condescending to the person he is discussing with claiming they are a lore casual or lore ignorer.

They usually are, i only point it out.

Pretending Blood Elves are the High Elf group, High elf fans wanted is incorrect, is it not?

There are separate group of High Elves that are in the Alliance, are there not?

Gib me NE paladins and then BEs can have the Paladin and DH class advantage over alliance VEs.

Although it’s not my preferred outcome, I am totally fine with this. I do think the BEs should and hopefully will have some unique features over the VEs.

1 Like

This is literally what we are talking about.

You used quotes around the word “compromise”. Which implies it was not a compromise.

I asked what would be a fair compromise.

Your reply was “a fair compromise is that we shouldn’t have to compromise at all”?

Don’t talk about compromises if you are don’t want a compromise.

If I am a lore casual, you are a dictionary casual.

Well said Ely!

I’m hoping for some lore addition to VEs establishing HEs as VEs. More so than just “well you see some in the rift there you go”.

Perhaps a one off quest in the pre patch that leaves us hanging until we get the customization added in SL?

1 Like

If they’re adding the skin-tone options eluding to High Elves, would High Elf customization options be outrageous to ask for?

Unless they’re literally just giving Void Elves the options without even touching High Elves.

That’s fair, and yeah all in all I’m and most seem to be pretty happy. I think the lore addition would be most welcomed as well.

I’ve definitely considered today a decent compromise and I love that it encompasses BE fans blue eyes too. One couldn’t be announced without the other side feeling slighted so they did it together.

1 Like

Which is what I really fear. Seems like yet another way of just not really addressing the High Elf issue. But come on, they added a new blue eye color so they gotta mean to say something about it, right?? Right???

I do not see why they don’t keep a few things separate, add some high elf/ Allerian-esque flavors to her race. All the while building blood elf themes for blood elves only.

I guess there is the problem of void elves being former blood elves, so I suppose they should/could have BE vestiges.

What is vestiges?

Also the thing with being former BEs they’re technically traitors so even if you were a former BE who became a VE after the original VEs, maybe it’s just in name. As in allegiance to Alleria etc. so you still wouldn’t imo have claim to BE themes anymore.

At this point, I’d rather they just kill of High Elves than continue to dance around trying to give them to us, this days been a headache for me.

If they want to make this our official “High Elves avenue”, then i feel its only right to ask for more “High elf” customizations for Void Elves.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXnWI84X0AIm4Wh.jpg

So while I don’t think VE should get like, every BE hair color, I do hope we get some HE hair colors, which might be different from BE’s (less warm)

Let’s be honest, it would be weird to stick to the “no blonde” rule when Hair color is ostensibly the easiest thing to change about one’s appearance in real life. Also weird from an in universe perspective that your skin doesn’t change, but your hair does?

I do believe VE’s need white hair now tho, more than ever, since VE Hair colors look like “dark” hair now on the new skin tones.

2 Likes

Traces of/ and or pieces of a former part. In this case they would some void corrupted blood elf heritage, but their own twist on it. Then leave blood elves to be their own thing.

I think they should add Paladin as a class to them and NEs.

And yeah lore added to encompass explicitly that HEs are considering themselves under the name VEs now.

I hope this is it, truly.

Maybe when AR get their actual revampt, VE’s will get more Alleria inspired customizations (braid, feathers, tattoos)

Because if this is how we are getting High Elves, it would be nice to look as close as we imagine our characters as possible, as per the revamped customization notions overall.

I imagine a world were i can just choose to be “High elf” under the Void elf racials, especially if this option just means that they grouped up.

1 Like

Totally agree, especially if I could get those Alleria like themes… for now though, since I don’t find Highelves thematically pleasing for a Warrior, and cannot be a VE Paladin… chances of me playing one are slim. I’d rather have NE Paladin personally.

They had the chance to do that during Legion. Right now, after a war, is not the right time for something like this, because the high elves hold themselves to a standard of not delving or dealing with questionable powers. The war with the Legion was the perfect time to make a major change to them as a race because desperation and dire circumstances opens one to things they would normally not consider. I’d have a much easier time believing Veressa and the Silver Covenant agree to take the void into themselves to help turn the tide against the Burning Legion.

In a time of ceasefire after a major war, on the other hand, not so much. At that point it’s a contrivance that attempts to try to make a previous contrivance less conspicuous.

I see so you mean in terms of new VEs or ones that keep the skin tone (presumably new VEs) would still keep Void Themes.

I’m okay with that and support that. I know some wouldn’t but it is what it is. I just hope for lore additions added for explicit validation people are HEs that never left the Alliance.

1 Like

The thing I like about that is, it makes me more okay with advocating for Paladin. If you’re basically just a HE but under the VE creation screen it makes it much harder to play on BE themes.