High Elf Compromise Celebration Thread

Ladies and gentlemen.

At long last, a High Elf compromise that many of us find acceptable. Thank you, Blizzard, thank you for listening to the majority of the playerbase. Thank you for the new customization options for Void Elves. They’re still not the High Elves we were looking for, but with the new customization options we can at least now roleplay as one.

I wanted to personally thank my pro-High Elf colleagues. We’ve endured so much together - insults, mass flagging, stalking, false flagging in our Discord server… but we did it, guys. At last, we have a valid compromise. Congratulations to all :slight_smile:

To those who still aren’t satisfied with this. I understand you - they’re not the High Elves we wanted, they cannot be Paladins, and they still have those Void racials and theme. I understand that you keep asking for a separate race for High Elves, and you’ll have my full support. But we have to acknowledge Blizzard has finally listened to us and delivered a valid compromise. So that’s something we must celebrate and be grateful for.

To those who have tried to make our lives a living hell - know that I bear no ill will towards you. Let’s just be respectful to each other and bury the hatchet.

Anyway…

LET’S CELEBRATE!!

LONG LIVE THE HIGH ELVES!!!
FOR THE ALLIANCE!!

122 Likes

They are not high elves. They do not carry the lore of high elves. They still have void racials. This is a band aid and an attempt to ignore a bigger issue.

36 Likes

These skin tones should’ve been available from the void elves inception, it’s only fair that they’re added now. Best thing the alliance could’ve hoped for

35 Likes

As I posted in one of the several other threads spamming up the forums. You never wanted a high elf, you wanted a carbon copy of Blood elf. These void elves are still blood elves who drank the big bad void magics, not the silver covenant high elves. But since you and others are excited it goes to show you never cared about high elves and just wanted a carbon copy of blood elves.

18 Likes

Oh well, that’s okay.

Yes, that’s the definition of “compromise”. Also, care to read what I wrote:

33 Likes

It’s High Elf time.

12 Likes

The better answer should have been to create high elves with a different skeleton and postures, while rolling the lore on that. Not this thing

13 Likes

The entire purpose of Shadowlands’ customization options and new starting experience is so that anything that is feasible in lore could be utilized for your character. You want to be one of the last of the dark trolls? Now you can. You want to be a member of the Wildhammer Clan? Go nuts.

The new skin tones are about as good a confirmation that void elves can come from the Silver Covenant that we’re ever gonna get.

19 Likes

Still not High Elves.

They’re Blood Elves with different hair now.

8 Likes

Dude no. The racials breaks that immersion…

5 Likes

When are we getting pink eyes?

I’ll answer that with the same time we get blue eyes! This is exciting I can’t believe I can finally get pink eyes!

1 Like

We could get some questline for them to elaborate HEs. That’s just my thoughts.

I do see this as a victory though not what I assumed or advocated for but some would have wished Blue eyed BEs and still nothing for the HE fans. Some even went so far as to push a “Well everyone should have golden eyes now” narrative. Out of spite I guess?

Now the HE community does have a nice compromise, and the BE community gets blue eyes and I like that with neither side needing to want to stop the other.

I would like lore added, and for BEs I think we should get undead skin pallet, but I think this opens the door to that. I’m happy anyways also!

9 Likes

I’m happy. I can finally bring my Alliance-allied blood elf to the faction he belongs in!

15 Likes

Now all we need is hair options that don’t include the ugly a** void tentacles and the lame skrillex shave.

9 Likes

I’ve never seen someone so excited for pink eye, also wash your hands better.

9 Likes

Sadly you edited it but I was going to respond with well how about Pop-eye? :rofl:

But yeah I googled pink eyes a while back and got a list of remedy’s also. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The sheer amount of celebration and hype that’s going on in the Discords/social communities I’m in is insane. Like, I had to go out and do errands and I … yeah. Oops. Distracted!

I’m so happy right now because everybody else is happy.
I said I’d probably only alt one, and that’s still the case, but I just can’t help but be excited they finally listened to Alliance requests.

I can’t wait to see what everybody does with them~
And I can’t wait for the potential lore drama from them finally being included. WRA is about to have some insane cross-faction RP in Shadowlands.

15 Likes

I’m really happy with these new customizations! The war is finally over. Congrats for all thalassians!

10 Likes

I may be satisfied, for now, but I won’t try to stop anyone else from asking for actual quel’dorei elves. And if it does happen, I will likely race change my VEs.

5 Likes