High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

They were a specific plot point though, the Alliance between both groups was far older than KT’s temper tantrum. So saying they should’ve been wiped out or turned is really bad writing.

5 Likes

Disagree tbh. The Highvale Elves already dropped the “High Elf” bit. and as Elisande rightfully points out “High Elf” is a name that comes from the Highborne, the nobility of the old Kaldorei Empire. And I think it’s pretty clear how the Modern High Elves have moved beyond that.

8 Likes

In Warcraft?! Preposterous!

1 Like

I agree but I’d rather not reinforce it with more.

5 Likes

Just focus on her arguments and how she ultimately gives up every time you contradict something she can’t retort -until she comes again with the same argument dismissing the answers already given-

9 Likes

For real though, the only reason they’d need a name change is to help avoid this “Blood Elves are High Elves” debacle

High Elves, the Quel’dorei, neither are used for Blood Elves anymore. I’d be ok with a name change, but it’ll be hard to top “High Elf”

7 Likes

“True Elves” “Honorable Elves” “Never betrayed anyone Elves” err yea High Elves works pretty good.

5 Likes

So there’s this Japanese term called Tsundere…

6 Likes

It’s not like I agree with you…

Fool.

And before someone flags me for jokingly calling Muir a fool. It’s a joke…

4 Likes

…I mean, it’s not like I want playable High Elves or anything!

Gawd, you’re so stupid!

Ugh!

7 Likes

Too late. Enjoy the Null Elves.

I do actually. They’re quite cool. An Allied race that brings me much fun and joy. I have like 4 of them. If I had access to high elves though it’d probably be 2/2.

5 Likes

Well that’s good then

You just had to bring that franchise in. I couldn’t stop myself.

DUN DUN DUN DUNNN

Covenant Elves would be alright, but sticking with High Elves also seems okay too.

8 Likes

Covenant?

https://newfastuff.com/wp-content/uploads/bb-plugin/cache/PIaw87V-square.png

8 Likes

I consent to this joke, letting the mods know right now anyone who flags it is in the wrong.

7 Likes

Possibly yes, but since the name of the game is to create differentiation, no.

For whatever reason, Blood Elves moved aesthetically to a more uniform city dwelling aesthetic -Well, they did spend most of their time rebuilding Silvermoon- We see how the Farstriders overall fell out of favor with the appearance of the Blood Knights, even when before that there was already a disconnect between Farstriders and the rest of Thalassian culture (It was Alleria and her Rangers the ones that went against their wishes to join the Alliance during the Third War)

The thing is Blood Elves don’t use those farstrider aesthetics, and while we might speculate reasons, it remains the fact. Personally I believe is because the whole of Blood Elves came together under a single vision for survival. But the fact is that Blood Elves don’t wear Farstrider tattoos, and maintain more sleek hairstyles. Blood Elves represent the Silvermoon Blood Elves as a whole.

As for the hairstyles, me personally, and others, lean on the Highvale as inspiration: a group of elves living in seclusion, next to dwarves, who have fostered their own culture from a Farstrider background.

They are not even as “farstrider” as the remaining farstrider blood elves, they are also a cultural aesthetic with the Silvermoon influence remove and replaced with dwarves.

13 Likes

I like how there’s put more effort into their posts now at least, much more effort than those one-liners.

Or at least that’s what it looks like as I scroll past them.

5 Likes

When someone literally says the same thing over and over, despite already being corrected, it is trolling. Responding to people who are talking to other posters with the mentioned repetitive opinion is an attempt to bait people into an argument, not a discussion and derail the thread.

At best, it is a good idea to ignore such attempts and not engage at all, but it doesnt warrant going back and explaining all of the mistakes that the OP and other posters have pointed out.

7 Likes

But the point is that blood elves don’t use them.

And again, if differentiation is the name of the game. Let’s explain why Blood Elves don’t use them and haven’t used them since they were introduced to BC and allow the High Elves to use that tangential aesthetic.

People forget that Blood Elves changed culturally after the Third War, and them and High Elves are two splinter groups of the whole Thalassian culture. Blood Elves got… pretty much everything, High Elves could get the name and farstrider tattoos.

10 Likes