High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

I’m not afraid of the past.

Quel’thalas left, high elves remained. So much they were an Alliance race in Warcraft 3. We still want those high elves, you can keep Quel’thalas.

It’s a blood elf unit, and you know it.

10 Likes

hes also way too tall for a belf

1 Like

Not quite, it happened with the last megathread too. What happens is that at 10k posts a thread starts to bug out, and one of the things that happens is that any posts that have been removed by the posters or moderation get added back into the thread count (I think it’s part of the reason why the thread doesn’t load to the last read post properly after that point) So it’ll say it’s over 20k, but when you get to 20k actual posts the thread will lock.

O…kay? Didn’t say you were?

The high elf race left, SOME remained behind to work with them. As much as you want to play those remnant, it should not occur because the race is playable on the Horde.

The blood elf units in WC3 reforged are red. The blue ones are high elves. You do realize that in WC3 they hadn’t turned to feeding on fel right? So…that’s a green eyed high elf

Blood elves and high elves are the same people so…that doesn’t make sense to state that

1 Like

hes too tall for a high elf of any kind.

1 Like

You reasoning makes no sense. Several of the playable races do not represent a kingdom, they are just a tribe or a subgroup.

Pandaren. Trolls. Goblins.

You just need a group to join. The Gurubashi empire is not part of the Horde, and yet trolls are a Horde race.

The same is true with the broken, or the high elves. We don’t need every broken, or every high elves. The Kurenai or the Silver Covenant are more than enough.

Blood elves were part of the Alliance, like it or not. And they left in Year 22, exactly as I said. Your desperate grasping of straws does not change history.

9 Likes

It probably has to do with CMs/mods actively squishing them together.

1 Like

Hey guys, someone in Reddit leaked the next Alliance race!

https://i.redd.it/g46n5n213kt31.png

“We wanted to add something new and cool.”

Original thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/dk93rh/for_everyone_scared_about_long_mechagnomes_i/
3 Likes

/stunned silence

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

That is a cool story and all, but we’re discussing lore, not playable races in World of Warcraft. So your attempt to counter my point does not work in the context of what we are discussing.
Did Kael’thas pledge his people, or his forces in WC3?
We both know the answer is that he pledged his forces and not his people.

Don’t need Gurabashi since the Darkspear trolls you play fulfill that niche.
You don’t need high elves because the blood elves of Quel’thalas fill that niche. If a race is made playable through a group, then the race is playable which is what needs to be considered. This attempt to say “well we want SC high elves” doesn’t work in the context of game design. Game design doesn’t care about that, because if they are the same race, making them playable on both factions is

1. Redundant
  2. Antithetical to rival factions

Let alone stop arguing lore, we already know you just care about aesthetics but don’t want to be Horde.

Again, this is false and headcanon. Kael’thas chose to have his forces work alongside Garithos’. Otherwise, the Forsaken were also alliance as well, which is a stupid notion.

It is over 20k posts, the forum initial main page always shows the actual number of posts, excluding removed ones. The thread page itself says 20,4 k and the forum main page says 20,1k

1 Like

What does this have to do with high elves?

And night elves were copied almost wholesale from warhammer wood elves. I don’t know what a mary sue drow has to do with it.

I don’t know if I should laugh because it’s funny or cry because it’s possible.

4 Likes

But last megathread it went from post 9999 to suddenly it was something like post 10479, I saw it happen. at post 10k this forum software gets buggy. Last megathread got up a bit over 20k then it got closed with the message that it reached the 20k limit. They aren’t being extended by mods, it’s just the software acting up

There’s the post number and the post count. Each post made has a number. Numbers can have jumps (because the post is deleted, for instance. I saw once over 30 posts be deleted by mods). The frontpage shows actual post count.

Your post was #17,725. But the thread counts 17.4k.

When the count reaches 20k, the thread is closed. But the actual last post may have a higher number than that.

1 Like

That is what I’m saying. There’s wonkiness after 10k posts on the post counts. Was just noting that to someone who appeared to be wondering if the mods were extending threads for some topics

… and then they derail the thread.

Didn’t a blue comment on that a while back?

Wait it is? Doesn’t the moderation allow for threads to go past 20k?

The last megathread was closed after reaching 20k, wonky post count aside.

1 Like

I think that they should just allow threads to never cap. After all, threads like these, there is an actual discussion between both sides, plus more.

1 Like