High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

maybe if blizz took some dev time to disconnect eye color from faces, we could get more eye color options for all races/classes.

3 Likes

Magic always change though. Sometimes it just gets confusing as most of us think of magic usually being refered to a certain colour to match the sort of magic it is.

This is certainly a possibility, though I feel like my notion provided above would be
 less chaotic, narratively. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

hello fellow gnome!

Thank you, this is one of my first alliance characters. Second I believe because I think I made my draenei first.

1 Like

oh a tbc baby?
i’m a late vanilla baby. vanilla was mostly a blur. i remember tbc much better and it was my fav expac by a large margin.

I had a vanilla account that I gave to my friend because I didn’t think I’d play much. In Tbc she bought me a new account plus the expansion.

On my first account I made a dwarf hunter and I don’t think I even made it to level 10.

my first char was a nelf rogue. then a nelf hunter (ended up being my main for a long time). then a nelf druid in wotlk. hated cata. loved mop. was human disc in mop and tinkered with monk mistweaver. then quit running lfg / lfr in wod. havent kept up with end game stuff since wod.

I haven’t done much end game stuff pretty much ever. I mostly rped. I don’t much in game anymore, but will try again when I have my high elves to rp as.

3 Likes

Well, they told us that we should post here instead of having a primer thread despite being about literally the opposite things, so the moderation staff seem to have a very wide definition of what belongs here.

1 Like

Honestly, antis posted here anyway.

1 Like

oh eep. forgot about monk colors. they could be like an aqua, as opposed to fel green. for non magic user classes.

1 Like

Not nearly as much while the primer thread was around.

1 Like

Eh
 That’s to be expected as a normal part of most discussions, especially on a public forum like this with a wild range of personalities and opinions. Point/counterpoint, agree/disagree, etc

If anyone wants a discussion where everyone agrees and can frolic through the flowers together as they tell each other how great their ideas are, they can start a private Facebook page or Discord channel.

1 Like

hehe
2 Likes

I, for one, preferred the discussion when the Why High Elves Don’t Work thread was being utilized in tandem with the High Elf AR Megathread(s).

The intended subject matter is different, so why shouldn’t there be different threads? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Well, who knows? Maybe one day it won’t get flag bombed into oblivion by helfers.

4 Likes

You know what they meant, don’t make me swat you with the Ion QnA.

The high elf discussion is a very special case, thought.

I mean, in the end, there’s no point in discussing if the race is possible or impossible, as it’s a game in a fictional universe and everything is ultimately possible. “Not going to ever happen” stuff has already happened many times in WoW’s history.

It’s fine that people who do not like the idea to say they don’t like it. But it’s bizarre how opposition comes over and over to repeat their stance ad nauseum.

Without that vehement opposition, this topic would probably behave like the vulpera thread or the san’layn one: a single, long thread with some periods of inactivity, maintained mostly by fans with the occasional dissent.

In the high elf discussion, the objective of most oppositors is to shut up discussion entirely. They don’t want the thread to exist, it bothers them in a personal level, so they come back here literally hundreds or even thousands of times.

The irony is that the antis can only blame themselves for the spread of high elf threads. We are one of the most discussed subject in the forums for the past two freaking years thanks to them.

11 Likes

This isn’t just some innocent mistake that virtually every person who is against playable High Elves just happens to make, consistently, in every thread wherein there is any mention of High Elves – no, it’s a deliberate attempt at obfuscating the reality of the circumstance(s).

I’m not going to just remain silent as a group of people portends that they’re objectively correct about something, when their entire premise is built on a false quotation. Sorry, not sorry.

4 Likes