High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

So just more deflecting?

Gotcha :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I apologize for missing posts where anyone has said “all High Elves became Blood Elves” instead of the lore-based “90% of the remaining High Elves took the name ‘Blood Elves’”. Would you link back to one of them, please?

2 Likes

No, that’s not accurate. 90% of elves in Quel’Thalas died, only a 10% survived. Of this 10%, an unkown percentage changed their name to Blood Elves.

10 Likes

Even granting that, it has no bearing on the claim being made that posts saying “All High Elves became Blood Elves” is a claim that’s been made repeatedly in these threads. This is the statement I responded to:

You and I both know that isn’t the case - we’ve both been around these threads.

Oh boy I guess the hiatus is up and now its back to the same bologna.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it that 90% of the remaining High elves from Quel’thalas changed their name to Blood elves and the rest stayed High elf?

Or was it that all the surviving Quel’Thalas High elves changed their name to Blood elves and any other High elves who were not currently at Quel’Thalas stayed High elves?

My head hurts

2 Likes

I don’t remember who, when or even in which of the many threads, but the argumenthas surfaced more than once over the last two years.

2 Likes

Ah!

I just checked the Warcraft Encyclopedia and you’re right - it says there that only a 90% of the elves in Quel’Thalas survived the Scourge attack, and 90% of these 10% adopted the name of Blood Elves.

My bad! I never knew this, I always assumed that all survivors changed their name to Blood Elves.

Edited: sorry, got myself into a mess with numbers x)

2 Likes

So you made a specific declaration that there have been…

…without being to cite so much as one single example?

Blood Elves are High Elves is a claim that’s been made over and over. There are no High Elves because they all became Blood Elves is not.

There are not many High Elves because the vast majority of them accepted the new name given to them by their leader. is a claim that’s been made over and over. There are no High Elves because they all became Blood Elves is not.

2 Likes

What does it matter to you?

I won’t search over 40,000 posts in multiple threads (some of them deleted) over two years just to satisfy your curiosity. It’s been brought multiple times, along with many other stupid arguments, and having a handy debunk for it is good.

If you don’t believe me, too bad.

10 Likes

To be honest. I don’t know why people say that High Elves and Wildhammer are critical to faction identity.

When I first started, I knew the Alliance races and never once did I think: “Huh, elves are missing.”

4 Likes

What does it matter to me? I’m tired of people in opposition to playable High Elves getting tarred with unfounded accusations as to our motives, beliefs, consistency in use of lore, or behavior in these discussions.

You made a completely specious accusation that people on the opposing side of this debate have made the claim - over and over - that there are no High Elves whatsoever because they all became Blood Elves. I’m calling you on it. Pretty simple, Almara.

There are more than enough valid points of contention between the two camps without you simply making things up.

4 Likes

To be entirely fair, I imagine you wouldn’t think elves are missing because the Alliance has had elves since pre-BC.

I accused nobody in specific. I said it has been brought up multiple times before, and it’s true.

If you feel I’m tarnishing your “tribe”, then I think it’s time for you to go get a rest away from this thread.

You have people like Fyrebusche on your side. Like it or not, stupid arguments pop constantly.

7 Likes

No it hasn’t. If it’s true, and you’ve made the claim, provide even one example - just one.

And are you saying the same isn’t true of the other “tribe”? I don’t paint everyone in the pro-High Elf camp as lore-shredding and insulting people because some few fit that description. I don’t do it because it simply isn’t true and while I am opposed I have repeatedly said I respect the desire to have them and most of the people asking for them.

2 Likes

Both Night Elves and Draenei fulfills the typical elven fantasy. I don’t see why we need another

3 Likes

I have no tribe, and I don’t waste time getting angry because someone on the pro side gets called on when making a stupid argument.

5 Likes

You seem to be taking offense to my response that you’ve made one when you said that, over and over, people have claimed there are no High Elves because they are all Blood Elves.

4 Likes

Because you are not talking about generic “helfers”, you are pointing finger to me.

4 Likes

Because you made that ridiculous claim and instead of walking it back decided to double down on it.

Is there anyone, for or against High Elves as a playable race, who can cite a single instance of someone posting “There are no High Elves at all because they all became Blood Elves” in these threads? Let’s crowdsource this one and see if someone can help Almara with this.

PS, no fair using my responses to Almara as an example that someone posted it. :wink:

3 Likes