High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Wait… What? Why?

1 Like

No reason. Blizzard just used the assets it had. Most of the actual gameplay was not very lore-abiding. The story was mostly window-dressing for the gameplay.

8 Likes

Okay then. Well I guess one learns something new every day.

Its nice that spam is pretty minimal these days and the thread hasnt been locked. Quite refreshing!

3 Likes

I will be honest: No deep gameplay changes like a Naga race. Like Classic, no changes.

I think seizing the opportunity to clarify lore and make the campaign storytelling better is very convenient and welcome. If I buy Reforged (I haven’t), it’ll be because I want to experience the redone campaign.

5 Likes

Not the story, but the gameplay, keep it with 4 playable races in the normal mode.

The only thing different i want is High Elf skins for the Blood Elf units to play.

1 Like

That’s disappointing. With classic I understand.

But they’re putting an intense amount of effort into recreating all the aspects of WC3, they should at the very least think about adding or eventually adding unique features to it, such as skins for all the races or just flat out new races.

1 Like

Please refrain from spamming the thread with the same posts over and over as that is against the CoC.

This is about the 8th time you reiterated the same thing, so tell me how you aren’t derailing or trolling again? :thinking:

1 Like

The question people should be asking is what will they be changing in WC3 reforged to accommodate the changes to lore over the years.

Says the guy who uses a second account to avoid obeying CoC. Or wants to derail the topic. Or repeatedly attempts to bait people. It’s like…you’re lying or something.
Anyway, I’ll stop feeding you. Along with a few other posters, you don’t have anything else to contribute besides trolling other users who disagree with you. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

yes. Reforged can be our wc4.

Think about new races, DLC campaigns based off WoW events, They could even make tie in missions to new expansions like how they have been doing those trailers and comics.

2 Likes

Um, because she had to be ALIVE to be MURDERED.

Did you not play Warcraft III? I know I forgot a lot (like the Human Archmages mentioned by Alamara) but in the Undead campaign you spend several chapters in Quel’thelas, fighting a LIVING Sylvanas Windrunner (you know, when she was the Ranger-General of Silvermoon) defending the Elfgates to the main city and the Sunwell. Arthas finally beats her and turns her into a banshee. A NORMAL banshee- she actually doesn’t appear as a Dark Ranger until the TFT.

This isn’t a silly “demand,” this is what happened in the game!

1 Like

That does not at all answer my question and is only pedantic in nature.
My question is why is there a controversy on blood elf/high elf?
Why does it matter on what she was or her political affiliation?
Which, let us be honest, doesn’t make sense to have given the situation at the time.

Jennella survives the quel’thalas destruction and is in the ruins near Lordaeron.
When you play the undead campaign, Arthas orders Kel’thuzad and Sylvanas to kill the survivorsin the area, of which Jennella was a group and should have died.

That isn’t the matter I am questioning, and your inquiry on whether i played WC3 only comes off as rude at best.

1 Like

I sincerely apologize if I sounded rude, but its basic lore, as well as one of the defining moments in Sylvanas’s character.

As for Jennella Deemspring, this comes from back when I was (and still am technically) was contributing to the Wiki. There was a lot of debate on whether she was a High Elf or Blood Elf due to her circumstances.

You see, her units all use blood elf models so the assumption would be that she and her units are blood elves. HOWEVER, the Blood Elf campaign is over and the Blood Elves have made their unfortunate exit from the Alliance- so either she’s a Blood Elf who missed the memo, or what was voted on, a unit of High Elves that had no part in the blood elf shism and were still using Blood Elf skins due to the TFT engine making all elven unit skins Blood Elves.

Do you sort of see the debate?

7 Likes

No.

/10 chars

I was never asking about Sylvanas’ character :facepunch:

I do, but does it really matter?

Whether or not Jennalla was a blood elf or high elf would be meaningless, she wasn’t around alive enough to really have a political view on her own people.

1 Like

Even if it was…the mission of WCIII she is in takes place in Lordaeron. So its easily identifiable that she would be remnants of the high elf allies from the kingdom when we know that high elves were still there.

Why is this a debate when it doesnt take longer than three seconds to understand?

1 Like

Ok, I guess this was the part of the confusion. I mentioned that I didn’t see Sylvanas’s “alive” icon so I thought you were talking about that.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

It kinda does when it comes to categorizing things on a wiki that tries to be as official and professional as possible.

1 Like

Bladias. I hate to inform you…but Jennalla has been categorized as a high elf since 2009 on wowpedia. You can go back through the revisions and see that the last time someone decided to change her to blood elf was over ten years ago.

So this debate seems…pointless.

I know. Its just that seeing her new icon brought back memories of that debate. (I’m Blayaden in the “Talk” page.) And just sort of reconfirmed my theory.

1 Like

I know, it was just weird to hear that Jennalla was a topic of a debate.