High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Nightborn and night elves don’t refer to blood elves as lowborn.

Per elisande’s speech it can be assumed she recognizes blood elves as nobility like her and the nightborne. She didn’t look down upon them just because they evolved over time.

Night elves and most alliance high elves would be lowborn.

Honestly Though I and others recognize blood elves are high elves compared to general fantasy. However they are not the high elves we are asking. We can’t help that the group of elves we want refer to themselves as high elves. That is what they call themselves so that is what we must call them.

2 Likes

I was on my Blood Elf Death Knight in legion and the Nightborn kept calling her a lowborn scum.

that is because they have no voicelines specific for any race.

Game mechanics don’t equate to lore.

8 Likes

Perhaps lol.

Hey just because I only come out at night and live in the woods doesn’t make me lowborn! /pulls a leaf out hair.
:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Pleased to meet you.

grats on your mechagnome!! (hyperspace here)

5 Likes

you’re a whole new thing - a drow who lives above ground and likes mammals, vs. one that lives below ground and likes insects. yes friend, you are a dark elf. :sunglasses: think drizzt.

1 Like

Welcome back Hyper :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Hyper! We missed you!

2 Likes

ty. hehe
i’m on classic. well not at this exact moment.
anyway, if you can handle the quality of the audio, this is an interesting vid about the drow. you can see so many correlations

3 Likes

well golly. i was just over yonder on classic. haha

3 Likes

The queen hath returned.

/bliink blink

wow, thats a promotion!

1 Like

hi hyper! :slight_smile: ty.

1 Like

Yeah…it really is grossly unfair how much better the alliance ARs are than the Horde ARs.

This is some stale bait. You need to be a better fisherman.

9 Likes

I dont think they are. They are viable as an allied race though.

Gilgoblins should have been the match up with mechagnomes from the get go. That should have been the goblin allied race in my opinion. Clearly, blizz isnt afraid to reach around since they went with vulpera instead… as long as its in favor of the horde of course.

Would this even be possible though? Death is all scared of the void and whatnot. I guess maybe it makes as much sense as forsaken priests.

Sorry void is scared of death or whatever. Need coffee.

3 Likes

I don’t think so… the thing about Gilgoblins is they are a primarily an aquatic race… so you’d have to design racials around that concept… but the majority of WoW’s combat takes place on dry land.

If you want to go for full match ups - one could make the argument of Leper Gnomes joining the Horde through the Forsaken partnership that was shown in the starting zone… though that might be a bit of stretch out of left field for most people.

Well azeroth has many oddities like dead people who use the light even though it hurts. I cant imagine an aquatic race that can also go on land is a big stretch for whats playable. But you look at a gilgoblin and thats just another flavor of goblin. You look at mechagnomes and thats just a gnome with robot bits. Vulpera dont fit that bill though which is where the imbalance is.

Leper gnome would just double up on gnomes and leave goblins hanging so… that doesnt make sense.

1 Like