High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Hmmm, Bolvar steps down off the Throne long enough to DK the Silver Covenant?

Stop! Don’t start!

You know, if next expansion is Lich King again, then san’layn have a real chance…

9 Likes

Ahhh High Elf megathread, how i have missed you. So much reading to do to get up to speed.

You guys have been busy adding to this thread, good to see.

Long live the true Alliance High Elves.
High Elves now, High Elves forever.

17 Likes

I’m kinda interested in making a Void Elf Death Knight actually.

Void and Death seems like a strange and unusual combination, well, that’s perfect for me.

I’m looking forward to see how they will look like.

5 Likes

Yes, they do, and as much as I support their inclusion, it would be very unfair for the Horde to get San’layn and for us to not get high elves

4 Likes

agreed. If they or any other form of undead elf are the next horde AR then the alliance should get high elves.

For one an elf for an elf.

for 2 there is no clear allied race for the alliance left in BFA that would be comparable to them.

Sure ankoan make sense to add as a playable race however they don’t make sense to be paired up with undead elves. If they were paired up with gilbin then yeah that would make sense.

2 Likes

It would feel strange as the Horde would have more Elves than the Alliance.

2 Likes

But the Alliance would get something “new” and “cool”! Like void elves! Or mechagnomes!

5 Likes

It’s agreed that this expansion has been an unmitigated dumpster fire, but I’m hopeful for the next one. Given Blizzard’s year of controversy, from Diablo Immortal, to the huge layoffs, to now Blitzchunggate, this year’s Blizzcon is do or die for them.

Playable high elves have often been theorised to be reserved for a rainy day. Something of a “break glass in case of emergency” event.

If this isn’t an emergency for the company, I don’t know what is.

4 Likes

Goblins and Wargons were added to the Death knights upon their release with Cataclysm, even though the Death knights scenario happened during Wrath. I don’t think this will be much of an issue really if you think about it like that.

2 Likes

Hopefully with the continued appearance of high elves all throughout BFA, we will get something for the next expansion. Someone on the dev team understands lore and maybe will break through.

7 Likes

Wheres your Viking High Elf? I’ve actually got a strong drink and i could use a Skal

Maybe some giant high elves? Like Vrykul style high elf mutants?

2 Likes

The difference was goblins and worgen were easy to explain why they were there to be killed by the scourge and raised as death knights.

2 Likes

Fun Fact, there is 1 Pandaren DK Garrison Follower.

2 Likes

I wish we would have seen more of them. They are implied to be horde since they are a horde only follower.

2 Likes

Pretty sure both factions get him.

He’s a random from the Inn.

1 Like

How’s Brexit going?

Exactly this.

3 Likes

What scares me is that something like this would even be remotely a possibility. But i have to say as imbalanced as the AR’s have been as they have come out…i don’t think it is out of the realm of possibilities, and honestly before AR’s were a thing i would never have thought that. But things have gone from bad to worse in how the Alliance is handled as a faction in every way compared to the Horde over the last 2 expansions and i am shocked to find myself thinking that Blizzard could/would do something like this but at this point that is what i think is possible by Blizzard.

10 Likes

You know interesting concept Blood Elves call themselves high elves and refer to others as low born.

The Nightborn refer to both Blood Elves and Night Elves and Lowborn.

The Night Elves refer to Blood Elves as Lowborn…

Did I miss something so which ones are the High and which ones are the low lol.