High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

I like that Valeera chooses her own loyalties, though I am not sure if she would end up as a leader for high elves, since she considers herself a blood elf and understands the actions of the blood elves.

5 Likes

I don’t really get Valeera other than she is a blood elf and I think she was Varian’s friend? I haven’t really looked too much since she is… Well a blood elf and that doesn’t interest me. I don’t know if there’s anything she should have a hand in honestly with void elves or high elves.

2 Likes

Best best for the High Elf Leader is one of the existing High Elves, like Veersa or Taela Everstride.

5 Likes

She considers herself a blood elf, but as far as I know doesn’t hold ill will towards high elves. She and Varian go way back, they were gladiators together so she was loyal to him, and now is loyal to Anduin.

5 Likes

Feed him? But he looks hilarious. I want to keep him going and have him be entertaining.

Cmon can’t we keep him?

3 Likes

I mean no I wouldn’t imagine she holds ill will toward high elves since she bats for the Alliance, but like I said I don’t see how she could play into anything with high elves or void elves. The gladiator thing is cool though I suppose.

3 Likes

I keep hearing no from other players. I have yet to hear or see blizzard once state no to high elves.

9 Likes

I just find it hilarious that Bellular was completely on board the Shadowlands leak and now he’s pull a 180.

Anything for them views, I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

That’s the name of the game for WoWtubers babe, you gotta ride the wave.

1 Like

If anything it’s an easy way to get news about data mining.

But it’s hard not to think about the stuff with Death not going anywhere.

Remember the Vol’Jin plot line?

Neither does BFA.

4 Likes

You assume they aren’t (they’ve said as much btw), and are still daft if you think a race is on equal terms with what I’ve already laid out.

Was also something they had to cave on due to legal considerations. Selling flying mounts/etc and then removing the feature is a dangerous precedent. Don’t kid yourself. Or, hold your breath and see what happens first :slight_smile:

1 Like

He never said it was true, he said out of all the leaks, it seemed the most legit (which it did). Probably because the leaked map it used is probably the one part of it that likely did come from Blizzard, but the rest was obviously fake.

4 Likes

Idk how that can cause legal issues, it would bode well with players to sell flying mounts and not allow flying, but no legal issue.

2 Likes

Hello everyone

1 Like

Blizzcon 2019 is the chance. High Elf 2020

5 Likes

I do hope the optimists are right about this one.

4 Likes

I have a feeling ARs are done with mechagnomes and vulpera. The reason is because of those new DK skins for the ARs. If they are doing those now, then it kind of implies they are done with new ARs too. Maybe forsaken and worgen just won’t get ones (or get customization options)?

That leaves the one possibility of that “leak” about High Elves as a core race next expansion. While I have my doubts about that, it is certainly possible as a reaction to the buzz about High Elves. It doesn’t seem like they will be an AR specifically at this point though.

1 Like

Could just mean a new story thread that isn’t time locked so that DKs could be available to every race including ARs and any upcoming ARs.

One of the biggest selling points for wow has always been new races, I can’t see them completely giving up on that concept, especially something as easily implement and potentially lucrative as Allied Races.

2 Likes

Yes that is what it is, but that’s not the point I’m making.

They are showing us the new skins for the AR DKs right now, before we got the expected (but possibly not coming) final two ARs.

If they are designing the area and story for the updated LK intro for the ARs, then it’s doubtful they will go back and tweak it yet again in a few months to add two more.

Not impossible mind you, but it’s work they probably will feel is completed and won’t want to spend more man hours on later.

1 Like

well lets look at it like this. If next expansion is wrath 2.0 then taunka would definitely be a launch allied race for horde like mag’har were. Taunka would most definitely have death knights. They live on the scourge continent.

The final horde allied race of BFA is looking like undead elves in whatever form they take (hopefully they make a story reason to have them be san’layn/darkfallen as regular undead elves would be boring thematically).

We have no clear counterpart for the alliance however. It was speculated it would be redeemed undead but it is heavily implied calia will become the new forsaken racial leader. AT first it seemed she may decline it but I believe the new whispers of ill’gynoth pretty much confirm she will accept the role.

Therefore with no clear allied race counterpart for the alliance why not an elf for an elf again?

2 Likes