High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Where are we supposed to be going?

Is this not a thread where we discuss High elves?

Also. Why would it mattered if we go in circles? I’m sure most other AR threads do the same, even if that’s the case, at least it’s discussion.

10 Likes

Well i’d seen the claim that wihtout the against its largely a dead issue. not many even goin for it sitll. everyones busy with China/Blizzard.

Two more if I haven’t lost track which means… 8 hunter 2 mage and 1 pally. I honestly thought it would be all about mages and magic so this is starting to be surprising heh.

Amen. People don’t realize that the OP is the core of the feedback, and player ideas may come along as it goes, but mostly it’s just a spot to discuss said race after the initial feedback.

6 Likes

Yeah China’s the big talk right now. Before that started there was more buzz around here with the announcement of Vulpera and diaper gnomes

4 Likes

I’m not following that train of thought.

“Going for it”

Why do you assume the people who discuss are the only people who are gunning for High elves? Have you not seen all the other threads with hundreds of likes on each? Not everyone needs to put their 2 cents into the thread for there to be considered support.

I liked all of the free Hong Kong threads because Blizzard did a dirty thing, but I don’t need to be discussing it.

7 Likes

HA Diaper gnomes. excellent.

1 Like

If they cannot do Loot boxes in the future for other games, then they will find their cash cow of customization in the blizz store, not a good idea, but expected.

2 Likes

Well they do a good job keeping our topic visible, but that’s mostly by them repeating the same 3-4 arguments.

I sometimes ask the same questions multiple times, but mostly it’s to try and get responses from newer posters, or to see if people who didn’t answer in the past will now.

4 Likes

Someone brought this up a few days ago.

The High elf topic being so fraught with contreversy, does a fantastic job of scaring people away from even discussing High Elves without the fear of being jumped by the antis and forum casuals who are “sick of the spam”.

10 Likes

I mean that’s probably part of the point, yeah?

3 Likes

I used to see so many more people on this topic in the past, I do not have any specifics right now either. But I think it’s too contentious for some to get involved.

1 Like

We started out no different than any of allied race megathread yet we became the biggest because people started coming in with a wall of no

9 Likes

Most have actually unsubbed

3 Likes

No it became the biggest because it’s been asked for as long as the game has been around. Go look at old megathreads and threads from the old forums.

5 Likes

Yeah and that’s a shame. People shouldn’t be afraid to join in. I even love hearing input from antis, I just get tired of the same things being said, especially by the same people, and even more so if the points were addressed in the first post.

But one thing I like to ask is what people would want for high elves if they were announced. Like in the case of an anti, they find out they are happening, so what would make them feel better about the story and customization.

I also love hearing what pros want too, because we all don’t necessarily want the exact same things so it’s good to know the variety of things people would want. Also what crosses lore lines too much for people? Like if we got a different group of playable high elves that we hadn’t interacted with before but in a similar situation to the nightborne we got to get to know this new group first, would that be close enough? That sort of thing.

12 Likes

I have been here since the start 2 years ago. They did become big because of the wall of no. Antis appeared and all of a sudden both sides starts started rapidly growing but the pro side clearly at a higher pace

5 Likes

I mean, I’d just be happy and race change Bladinas, unlock the heritage armor, thank Blizzard for finally listening, and go about playing the game like normal.

13 Likes

Following up on that.

It’s pretty obvious Blizzard has plans for the Lich King, and it’s somewhat obvious that they’re still interested in the San’Layn from what we’ve seen in BFA, and them and High elves would be the perfect duo to be introduced together.

Gotta keep the elves between factions equal.

5 Likes

It’s been a request longer than that though.

The Wall of No for vanilla servers? I think it broke out and became big because of the implementation of allied races and got bigger after void elves.

Antis don’t mean everyone who has ever said no they don’t want High Elves in my mind. They’re the ones who sit and argue and just stir up trouble. However, if you mean people who don’t support High Elves becoming playable then there are probably more than antis, however, they don’t outnumber supporters I am pretty sure. There’s no way to keep track of course, so I won’t try to tack down “who has more”. It’s not like it matters anyway since it’s not a vote.

1 Like

No no no. This will break the whole game trust me. YOU CANNOT HAS!

Sarcasm by the way.

1 Like