High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Well they were in pandaria for a while, and vulpera can be and I don’t recall seeing them there, so there’s no reason they shouldn’t be able to be monks!

1 Like

We already exist on the Horde. Join us.
DO IT

2 Likes

Well there you go then. You could have both!

2 Likes

I have so much fun with monks. I love all three specs, which is rare for me.

What is your take on the best themed class for High Elves by the way? Right now it’s Hunter vs Mage, but if there’s a curve ball I wanna hear it.

I’d say both are, though if I have to choose, I say mage ofc.

2 Likes

Well of course races have more than one class, but sometimes the theme of a class fits a race way more than the others I think. Like humans and paladins, Night Elves and druids… So I was thinking about this whole ranger vs. magic user thing that High Elves seem to have going based on player discussion and it made me wonder which one is the bigger theme.

Why do you feel more like mage? Just curious.

With that said it sounds like Mage is now 2 and Hunter 4!

2 Likes

Their lore, basically. They’re entirely focused on magic - their entire life is magic. At least that’s the way I see it.

Perhaps the Hunter theme fits better Highvale Elves in particular, considering they abandoned the use of magic.

2 Likes

Well that’s what I was thinking, but you have a point about the Highvale elves which may have to do with the count right now heh.

2 Likes

*taurens and druids. -.-

It’s more apt that the addition of blood elves did, but void elves were just the further example coupled with the dev comments.

Seems to be pretty clear indication of their thoughts.

Really? You think so? I thought Taurens’ theme classes have always been Hunter and Shaman. I mean their capital city is based on totems.

i’m trolling kirela because i’m #forthehorde :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m busting her chops on discord right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I’d agree that hunters (Farstriders) and mages (Magisters) fit High Elves thematically. I actually tend to go for the curveballs. I just like the idea of an elf swinging around a sword but also using magic

1 Like

So… A pally then? We need to be clear here so I can keep the tally!

Yeah, let’s go with Paladin

1 Like

Okay! I think that’s fine considering we don’t have an elf pally. 4 hunter 2 mage and 1 pally.

liadrin is an elf pally. ducks tomatoes

Make Blood Knights edgy again!

1 Like

If anything the Blood Knights are the least interesting Paladins now.

They don’t need faith and devotion to get aid from the light or an iron will and power to bend the light to their will.

They just suck it out of the Sunwell and do stuff.

7 Likes