High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Coming from a Blood Elf paladin this is actually pretty appropriate of you to say lol

1 Like

I never understood why they gave the guards in Silvermoon such contempt for Hunters. The Farstriders are the most defining group of Blood elves.

I just don’t like the way Hunter’s play in this game is all. Now if they were like my ranger in Vindictus? I’d play it.

Edit: So many Danthe’s in here.

So now we are up to 3 for Hunter.

I kind of like the idea of both. Let’s just go wild and consider that the story revolves around High Elves that don’t use the Sunwell anymore (because I think that’s cool) and incorporating the magey types from Dalaran as well. Could be a good plot!

So which one do you think wins? High Elf Hunter or High Elf Mage? As the best fitting theme. So far everyone is dreaming about Hunters it seems.

everyone knows what your main is, ms kirela, and it’s not mage! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah it’s never really explained that well. I imagine it’s because the Blood Elves looked to their newly found Blood Knights as their defining military force. Perhaps the guards see the result of Arthas’ invasion as a failure of the Farstriders?

Probably not, but who knows…?

I will make both, but i have a personal preference for Mages because i like Dalaran. (and it’s not because Dalaran is my realm i assure)

Okay 1 for Mages and 3 for Hunters I think now. I like Dalaran okay enough too, by the way.

Yeah it never really made any sense whatsoever. The farstriders were literally, the reason the remaining blood elves survived. I can get if they want the blood knights to be defining, but even then the far striders are their ranged troops. Why look down on them?

In anycase, maybe it was just for TBC when blood elves were desperate? I do wish they didn’t become light worshippers like every other paladin. It is so much more interesting to be all “I OWN THE LIGHT I DO NOT FOLLOW IT!”.

2 Likes

I friggin loved the way Blood Knights used to be, it gave the Blood Elves a good reason to be at odds with the Alliance. Nowadays they’re no different then a traditional Silver Hand paladin

The way Silvermoon guards revere Blood Knights yet describe hunters as, “backwards” tells me that they view them as a relic of the past. Made more sense back in TBC I guess

1 Like

Because the farstriders were in general against the radical changes proposed by Rommath and the magisters. Most known exiles were rangers. Even Halduron himself is very high elf-like and expressed doubts about some of new practices, acting to balance Rommath’s influence. The farstriders also opposed and distrusted the blood knights.

It’s blood elf lore, man. Why it’s so hard to understand how far dystopic and totalitarian Silvermoon was back in those days?

10 Likes

Everyone worries about mains for some reason and I don’t really get it. It’s usually a last ditch effort to “win” and argument by saying “HA! You don’t have this, noob. Get outta here.”

Someday I will know what M+ and raiderio score is like when I get to max level!

exactly this. I have been saying we should no longer respond to anything they say. They are here to troll and nothing more. Nothing can be argued from a lore standpoint and hold up. When we point that out they dismiss it.

The only legitimate argument they have against high elves is “well I don’t want them” and that is ultimately an opinion and thus can’t really be debated.

1 Like

I think there are some arguments to be made against High Elves, but my problem with our opposition is when people try to pile every single possible argument together in an attempt to make it seem like there’s no merit to a High Elf allied race

Just pick the best ones and stick with them, throwing in arguments that are disproven with legitimate ones just discredits all of them

Because of the fact that based on lore, without the farstriders, the blood elves would no exist at all. All of the magic users such as the priests, mages, warlocks, and other magical class types of which high elves were known, were completely helpless after the destruction of the sunwell.
Even if they oppose your ideals, you don’t turn around and spit in the face of the group which saved you.
Particularly when Lor’themar, a far strider himself was in charge, such a thing would never be conducted in a society. There is also no good explanation for the sudden change in behavior either, particularly given that many blood knights would also be drawn from the farstrider group as well.
The race was also particularly patriotic, so it make even less sense for there to be such a societal schism. When you look at the underlying mechanics of it, the poor look upon the farstriders makes little sense and that is without consideration of Lorthemar being a far strider along with Halduron.

This is facetious and hypocritical of you to say.

This would make for a good question in a q&a. “Why do the Blood Knights and Silvermoon guards look down on Farstriders?”

I’d like to get an answer to that

Way back when, when I was super nerdy and RP’ed, my guy was a bit of a jerk to everyone but always respected the hunter BE’s. After all, when the zombies are knocking on your door and you are a mana starving priest barely surviving, you tend to be thankful to those who protected you.

1 Like

I mean, makes sense to me. Maybe the guards are referencing the rangers that stayed with the Alliance?

Naw, cause when they give the line of calling the rangers backwards, its specifically in reference to Rangers residing in Silvermoon.
Always irked me as a pally. I don’t owe the light anything, but I do the people who died to save me.

Still irked I can’t speak common either.

1 Like

Orly? I am on pins and needles to hear the explanation of what a main has to do with discussing and supporting the implementation of playable High Elves or even where the hypocrisy is.

It seems like someone didn’t get the memo.

The farstriders were useful when Silvermoon was in ruins, but once Rommath returned and started showing the wonders of fel batteries, Light-stealing super-soldiers and mana-tapping to feel stronger, the farstrider opposition became bothersome.

With the magic users renewed, the civilians feeling protected within rebuilt city walls and a new fighting force to defend the city, those troublesome protesters were quickly put in their place. The government is doing wonders and all those guys do is complain? Propaganda made the public opinion change in the regime’s favor.

The bothersome farstriders were disposed off and the remaining ones were kept compliant.

That’s totalitarianism in a nutshell.

5 Likes