High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

I dont even know if they exist or not honestly at this point, but they have player support and honestly blizz is hit or miss with what is “good” when they come up with their own (see mechagnomes and KT and yes that is a personal opinion, but it doesnt seem to be just mine). If you have an allied race in mind opposite High Elves then I am sure it has already been discussed somewhere.

I wasnt the one who originally brought up compromise. It was posted about twice or maybe more before I even stepped in with what I said. If you think its a farce then I cant stop you, but the road of “compromise” leads to things like void elves and I really dont want to see what kind of a mess that would be, no thank you.

2 Likes

But void elves isnt a compromise in your eyes since they arent based from the quel’dorei but the sin’dorei; so I dont understand why using the void elves as this ultimate negative for customization, especially when we have seen people come up with ways to make high elves look different through compromise without affecting the bottom line.

I have been told many times that void elves were blizz’s compromise for High Elves… And if that is the case then I am not interested. It was a crap compromise. Also, what bottom line are we worried about here? Bottom line usually refers to money and I am not seeing the connection here.

2 Likes

The bottom line: the quel’dorei are playable with unique flavors.

Void elves were made as development of Legion went on and internal teams really enjoyed her questlines and the interaction with the void, so they went “wouldn’t it be cool!” It wasn’t their “Oh man better give those high elf posters something.”

That said, it’s a pretty obvious thing why they weren’t just high/blood elves that would void out during attacks/etc. The theme was important and so was not causing issues with an already playable high elf option in the Horde. This is further reinforced by developer comments, like them or not.

Void elves are, hands down, the most popular AR. People can say “omg they suck/etc” as much as they want, but it’s apparently not the widely held view of them.

3 Likes

No Queldorei are not playable. That would be Sindorei and Rendorei.

Well in that case antis lost that argument.

4 Likes

Seems like the pro side lost as they twiddle their thumbs for what isn’t going to be. lol

1 Like

…no, I said that queldorei are made playable with their own unique flavors. Did you just misread?

Thats ok. We can keep discussing and hoping and antis can keep wasting their time arguing about something that “isn’t going to be”.

2 Likes

I mean, if you want to be technical. The antis are winning, because queldorei are not playable at the current moment and dont seem to be in 8.3. The pros only win on their announcement as a playable race/allied race.

1 Like

It’s less wasting time and more enjoying watching the more rabid pro people melt down, it’s an enjoyable show.

2 Likes

The topic is not about winning and losing. There is no competition here, it is about discussing playable High Elves.

Considering all that I have seen, it seems antis lose their cool a lot more often around here.

Now, have we cleared all that up?

7 Likes

The antis do tend to get quite heated.

6 Likes

?

???

It isnt a waste of time, until the point of their announcement. Its why the high elf discussion isnt a waste of time due to X or Y.

It seems both sides do. I expect nothing else from the internet.

1 Like

It’d be the nail in the coffin at least, so I guess it’d have to be

The person said they werent going to be playable. If thats the case then it sounds like arguing about why they shouldnt be playable sounds like a huge waste of time to me.

If there is a possibility that they could become playable then fans arent “twiddling their thumbs” now are they? Fans dont have anything to lose by hoping and discussing other than being disappointed by blizz, but thats not going to kill hope.

8 Likes

Man, just wait for any time a major update passes with nothing ally high elf related or when a dev brings up why they’re not playable/etc. It’s pretty fascinating watching the melt down.

I mostly post ever so often to make sure the devs see that it’s not all just “velves suck! Do this! That!”

Passes the time between queues.

2 Likes

I didnt say it was either, I just said its not a waste of the antis’ effort or time since they technically have the advantage.

Right… They have… The advantage. Okay. Try to refer back to my comment about wasting time, I think I have explained it all.

3 Likes