High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Here’s the link:

9 Likes

Thank you! Will check it out in a bit when I have time.

2 Likes

Lovely site, very clean looking.

My only issue personally is that it seems to showcase only one artist’s take, which seems like endorsement for a specific approach rather than simply showcase different takes members of the community have produced.

Makes it look like one person’s vision rather than a community effort.

7 Likes

That’s a lovely site. :hugs:

2 Likes

Yea, i agree. But i think it may have been his intention? I know it wasnt something the HE Community Discord made.

I believe the author of the site has a contact section if you want to suggest anything to them too btw - if thats something you’d want to do lol.

2 Likes

I think they wanted consistency but I agree. They need to show more then just one artist.

3 Likes

Oh yeah just saying how it comes across.

Indeed, and I love Earcarp’s stuff so f I agree they are the way to go if you wanna go for consistency -and really it’s the best concept art produced for HE’s- But yeah, personally I think that consistency itself kinda goes against the collaborative community effort HE’s have been overall.

4 Likes

I happen to like your stuff better because it shows the Dark Skin and Half Elf ideas and I enjoy the mockups that let you see what it looks like in game.

Ercarp’s are great with tattoos and hair but that’s more conceptual.

7 Likes

Whups. Someone wasn’t thinking!

By the way… Did anyone see the video linked where it says “You should watch this video”? It’s old, but it’s the first time I have seen it.

Magnificent. I’ll link it bellow for purposes of easily searching my post history and find it again should I need the URL.

https://highelves.carrd.co/

Oh, I remember it, it’s from Keihndeth! He was a regular in the first void elf threads started by me in 2017!

3 Likes

Quick question, If:

1. Blood elves get a blue eye option AND
  2. The next expansion blurs faction lines enough that you can stand in stormwind without getting attacked and do pve content with alliance characters…

Would that be enough?

3 Likes

No because I want to play as the specific group that has been part of the Alliance since its formation.

Not Blue Eyed Blood Elves. We already got those as an Allied Race.

5 Likes

Personally, Only if The Silver Covenant steps in as the faction for these elves as alliance liaisons or the like.

Thank you, even tho I like earcarp’s stuff better myself bhahaha

3 Likes

I love all the art!

I don’t know, Eevee. My answer for that is: “depends on how it’s done”.

Because, first, I really doubt factions are going away. Some restrictions may be lifted, but that’s it. I don’t expect that you will be able to make any character in any faction.

Second, because there’s a lore element behind a lot of fans’ wishes for high elves. Will we get blue eyes and be able to be Alliance? Cool, I guess, but will the actual high elves fade in the background and be forgotten, leaving the player as an oddity? That will feel really unsatisfying, much the same way that being a void elf while there’s no actual lore evolving for them feels like an empty experience.

I’d rather have the high elves be transformed through some way, but get lore attention and feel like a real playable race, than have blue-eyed blood elves that have no impact in the setting.

Or, as Talendrion said:

7 Likes

Thanks for all the verbose answers. I was curious because I think the scenario I proposed has a strong possibility of actually happening and I wanted to know what you guys would think of it as a potential compromise.

1 Like

As a Blood Elf who gets High on Void Magic, I have quite the story to tell.

1 Like

I agree that it would depend on how it was done. I’d rather have playable high elves though, with their own narrative. I also don’t care much for the idea of the factions merging in general, there’s too much that still has to be answered for.

2 Likes

This is my preferred outcome if anything does happen. Either blood elves get a blue eye option (whenever it happens, lot of customizations have to be done for other races, too, though I think this would be easy,) or it never happens and gold is the way forward. No playable high elves on alliance past the changed void elves.

I thought it was a good video. Pretty much answers all of the same old “no because…” stuff.

4 Likes