High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

No, pointing out the “Elves” encompasses far more than the non-GMO Thalassians. Your own character is an excellent example of that.

Grasping at straws.

Imagine having 24 years of lore and still be unable to have at least some unique thing.

2 Likes

Considering blood elves and void elves both copied lore from them and they still have unique elements, they have plenty of lore despite being a NPC race.

How are facts in any way grasping at straws? Were the Nightborne not addicted to the twisted energy of the Nightwell for 10,000 years? Are Night Elves not addicted to the energy of the Moonwells? Are you now not addicted to Void energy?

Elves, all of them, are addicted (although I would prefer dependent due to the standard connotations of the word “addicted”) to external energy sources. And those energy sources vary depending on the flavor of elf and what’s available for them to use. That dependency is likely due to their coming to being by being mutated by one when they were all Trolls.

3 Likes

Because it isn’t convenient, me lover.

3 Likes

Fixed it for you

2 Likes

Prove me wrong by showing the page in the comic (the ONLY source for that lore) that says the highvale stopped practicing all forms of magic.

2 Likes

The part where they say ‘magic’ and not ‘the arcane’, ‘arcana’, ‘arcane magic’ or ‘fel magic for losers’.

1 Like

Characters often use “magic” and “arcane magic” as synonyms, while other forms of magic are clarified or have their own names (druidism, shamanism, The Light, The Void). You can see this in Priest Ennas and Lyria’s Skystrider’s dialogue in Silvermoon.

Blood elf addiction is called “addiction to magic”, but we all know it’s specifically arcane magic, not any magic.

3 Likes

No they don’t. Look at the magic page on wowpedia and tell me what it’s about.

You mean that addiction that various Thalassian groups have fed with arcane, holy, fel and shadow? That addiction?

4 Likes

KT as an answer to the vrykul request has got to be the biggest joke I have ever seen here.

You want vrykul? Here have fat humans. Oh yeah THAT makes sense.

Horde: we want brown orcs. Done! Nevermind they dont exist on azeroth. Oh lets throw in some more customization as well while we are at it for the old orcs.
Horde: we want zandalari: Done! Nevermind they were the enemy of everyone for pretty much ever. We will come up with some excuse how it wasnt all zandalari.
Horde: ooooh nightborne look pretty cool. Alright, give the horde their own night elves! While we are here, lets turn some of them into the walking dead and give even more alliance stuff to the horde.
Horde: oh vulpera are brand new to the whole world and players love them! Better give them to the horde.
Horde: waaah all our races are ugly! Oh you can have this edgey group of elves that used to be high elves, but dont worry we wont let those nasty alliance players have something that was alliance before we made up blood elves, because we gave a spin off of an alliance race to the horde and we are worried about horde identity.

Alliance? Oh heres some draenei no one asked for, fat humans (that should go over well), void elves just to add an extra layer of troll, we can toss them some dark iron to pretend we arent trolling… oh theyre upset. Lets give them a bee mount that should fix it. Oh heres some gnomes with mechanical bits to really set in stone how much we luv the alliance.

5 Likes

Wowpedia is not a character.

You mean, the one that got worse when they started trading it for other forms that only worked temporarily, and was only sated with the return of the Sunwell?

1 Like

To be frankly honest, after BfA…i dont want to have the spotlight on the Alliance after seeing what it did to the Horde.

Heck with the new council, maybe they can kill all their NPCs within the next two expansions before spitting on their legacy again.

Magic is not just the arcane.

You mean the Sunwell, that giant font of arcane and holy energy?

I have to say I am disappointed with this thread. I said we should end the arguments with the antis.

It is clear that they will never change their opinions and for some their entire reason for even arguing here can be called into question of whether or not they genuinely believe it or are just drama vampires getting their fix off of an easy topic to troll.

Like I said we should completely stop communicating with them and post our fanart, concept, ideas, and stories.

4 Likes

But character use both terms interchangeably frequently.

The part that sates addiction is the first half.

Blood elves tried to replace arcane with fel and it failed, it got worse. They didn’t even try with Light and Shadow. If Light sated it, the blood knights and priests wouldn’t need to mana tap.

[citation needed]

[big citation needed]

1 Like

Yeah, most quislings are like that, it’s how they get close to you so they can shank you in the kidney.

I take back what I said about him being a shill; based on his recent performance art, he’s clearly a foreign agitator and a card carrying member of the Fifty Cent Brigade. Guess we now know why he never seems to get suspended or lose Trust 3 despite his constant trolling, Blizz wouldn’t want to upset their PRC masters. Mmm-mm! Can’t get enough of that Communist censorship!

Whatever is wrong with you is no little thing. You’ve got nothing but personal attacks, and I’m not going to get in the mud to wrestle with you.

4 Likes