High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Funny how your whole request has no real lore back up and its based in pretty possibilities.

• Thats the only different one and it doesn’t help your request at all
  • Velves are exiled
  • Velves have no home to return to/Also Night Elves after Teldrassil.
  • Nightborne share that theme after getting out of the bubble.
6 Likes

The High Elves chose to betray their nation, their people, their friends, even possibly their family, in the name of old alliances long since dissolved.

That’s a pretty unique theme that they have and isn’t shared by the various other elves

13 Likes

Shhh. We don’t talk about how they’re actually a group of flaky douchebags on this thread.

2 Likes

Is it that?

Or is it that they believe that Silvermoon switched allegiances too quickly? That its now allied with the very beings who burnt their forest a scant few decades ago

The Blood Elves look forward to the future and will achieve their place in it by any means possible. They see the HElves as mired in a past that is gone, too stuck in their ways
The High Elves retain the past and seek to rekindle old alliances that had been great for both sides, they won’t sacrifice their values in the pursuit of power the way they think the BElves have done

and uh, I dunno, VElves poked a mystery box or something.

9 Likes

When the Alliance gets high elves as an allied race i think that there should be a special heritage trinket that they get called a ‘Quel’dorei Mega-thread’ with a description like “passed down through the generations, never giving up hope” or something like that. :thinking:

8 Likes

Are a lore nullity. It’s absurd to bring them up to criticize a race that existed before them. If anything, velves are the copycats with worse lore.

4 Likes

Well, those people arguing with you are right, of course; Nozdorumu’s form is his own, it’s unique because he and the other aspects are unique one-off characters. Not representations of the race they decided to base - base, not copy - their non-dragon forms on. If that was not the case then the ingame High Elf NPCs would be using that model.

4 Likes

Ysera’s model was blatantly a NElf, but she used the BElf animation set.
Medivh is a human, but his TBC model used the NElf animation set to make it unique and thinner

They used a modified NElf model because the BElf one wasn’t working for Nozdormu, so I say grab that, pull a cheeky Classic reference, and use that for HElves. Given Kul Tirans had a no explanation change despite being ingame since Vanilla, being the first human enemies you fight in Durotar, works perfectly fine.

4 Likes

Yes well - take a poll of how many people who support playable High Elves would accept having them unequivocally portrayed as traitors in the game and lore. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m stating the plot hook, not the plot points. There would be a journey from point A to B, like any good story requires.

Quote the whole passage:

We have settled with the high elves of the Quel’Danil Lodge, to the east, to train in the ways of the Light and enjoy the peaceful beauty of this land.

They are training right there with the elves. If the elves were against all magic the draenei wouldn’t be allowed to train there in their backyard.

Elves have an addiction to arcane, not all magic. It’s arcane that the highvale chose to avoid.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the Helves?, because there’s not that much of a difference considering that you need a half baked story for them.

1 Like

Independent High Elf lore isn’t particularly rich, but there are believable, lore friendly ways to build upon them. They’re a bit of a blank canvas

5 Likes

At least you’re honest about that, unlike your friend here.
I still fail to see what they bring tho, and the “hooks” don’t look strong enough.

Agreed. Some of the ARs have pretty much non-existent or only very new lore. High elves have been around for a long time.

3 Likes

They already have 24 years of lore in the setting.

Void elves have a 5-minute scenario and some gossip text.

Your opinion, not fact.

The strength of a hook is defined by the quality of the story that follows.

My opinion is not different from his, I just choose to focus on the unique elements rather than what they share with blood elves.

Void elves share lore way more with blood elves, BTW, but I don’t see you complaining.

2 Likes

What hooks me is that High Elves that fight alongside the Alliance have forsaken their kin in the name of faction pride

Whether they were exiled and don’t like how things are being handled in Silvermoon or they cannot stand alongside the Blood Elves so long as they ally with the Horde, it’s interesting to me, at least. Nothing would scream Alliance pride more than High Elves

1 Like

We do not. Some do.

1 Like

It doesn’t say that. It says they’ve settled with the elves to train in the light and enjoy the scenery. If I said I moved back in with my mum to train for a marathon it doesn’t mean she’s taking me jogging.

Except they literally never say that. They just say ‘magic’, not ‘arcane magic’.

4 Likes

Failing to grasp context just so you can play opposition for opposition’s sake, uh?

2 Likes

This is true. But also troubling; considering the quality of writing we’re getting.