High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Honestly I wouldn’t know at this point; there are just no hints of more AR already introduced, Vulpera and Mecha-Gnomes being the only ones with actual work to be an AR put into them.

Calia’s role now seems to be less about a new forsaken AR and more of a replacement leader, so IDK, maybe the new AR will tide us over to next expansion content?

I don’t see new AR until next expansion, but who knows?

Still, High Elves aren’t going to be one of them.

Don’t forget this is just based off of the patch 8.3. We still have the next expansion reveal that will give us a few ideas of what can be the next Allied Races. Likely, we will get another list of allied races, or just another pair.

I’m betting on the final pair being part of next expansion’s preorder bonus. They may be more related to future content than BfA.

I think ogres are in because kul tiran model gave Blizzard the way to make it happen, and that hidden Rexxar face screams “playable ogre race”.

For Alliance, who knows? Maybe it’s something that’s related to next expansion, or another behind-spawn as usual.

2 Likes

Well there is always next year guys. Sucks that we got mechagnomes instead of a race that has already been a part of Alliance lore since launch and is activity involved in Alliance military operations.

10 Likes

Exactly; whatever AR get get next seem more likely to be related to next expansion, not this one. The first batch of AR we got came from Legion content, and unless we are talking about another out of the field but tangentially related stitch like the VE’s, I really don’t see big hints or set up in the current content for more AR. -Like, all other “possible” AR have not been made as player models when we have seen the kind of forethought they had with Vulpera-

1 Like

Oh yeah, the plan to keep players engaged with AR on the hiatus is just too enticing for them to not go for it, but yeah, it feels the next AR will have to do more with next expansion.

1 Like

I forget if this suggestion has already been added by me or someone else, but just in case. Like the Worgen, who have different colored eyes, both glowing and normal, I think the same can be done for High Elves. Glowing blue and purple eyes, and normal blue, brown, and green.

Tbh, I’m getting sick of the Allied race system and having to grind for them. I wish they’d just return to giving us new and unique races at the beginning of the expansion rather than these time gated reskins.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that the AR races are announced thematically.

Pre-order bonus: Horde get Broken Shores races, Alliance gets Argus races

Early BFA: Horde gets highly requested race (Mag’har), Alliance gets highly requested race (Dark Iron)

Mid BFA: Horde gets race native to new content (Zandalari), Alliance gets race native to new content (Kul Tiran)

Late BFA: Horde gets new short race (Vulpera), Alliance gets new short race (Mechagnome)

I’m still hopeful for High Elves. If the next expansion is related to undeath, I imagine the Silver Covenant will be more involved. It’s just a question of what they’d get paired with thematically.

11 Likes

unlikely now that we have 5 ARs that will compete for screen time. i expect to see valeera or alleria and her void elves before we see dalaran elves representing the kirin tor helping with big threats. if khadgar needs to tell us something maybe they can stand in the background. vereesa appearances will be exclusive to windrunner arm candy for the forseeable future

There are way more people mad at Mechagnomes than I actually expected. I mean, with all the Mechagnomes build-up I expected that people were aware of this.

Also, a large chunk of people asking for Sethrak. Impressive to say the least.

It only shows how Blizzard is biased towards Horde since they never try to please the other faction.

6 Likes

The slots are arbitrary and stand as placeholders. Blizzard can make more if they want.

Well, I think it’s going to signify that Blizzard is making her into a Bad Guy and we now know Anduin is over Teldrassil completely and thinks we should be too.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

1 Like

Yet another sign that the void elves are pretty much ignored in this patch… sight…

(SPOILERS: This is post-N’Zoth stuff.)

2 Likes

Quite shame the Night Elves were never present at Nazjatar unless if you count shandris than pretty much the Night Elves have been wasted in this expansion.

Here I thought they were going to get justice or something unless of course if they do something with Tyrande and her rage against sylvanas or rest of the horde.

The night elf stuff in BfA is pretty much setup for future stories. It was never something to be addressed in BfA itself.

8 Likes

One thing is for sure I hope Night Elves get back their lands and between you and me. I hope the Night Elf Heritage Armor is Warden. I really love the Warden Class since Warcraft 3 and would be shame if Night Elves didn’t wield Glaives as a Weapon for the Rogues, Warriors, and Hunters and also Warden Heritage Armor as well unless if Archer Armor is requested through.

1 Like

Surely the Void Elves will get something, right? There’s a friggin old god coming up, after all

4 Likes

I mean if this is all, truly Void Elves were a wasted opportunity SMH

4 Likes