High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

that’s wonderful! should always be happy with your choices, and if not, figure out how to be so.

personally, i want something that’s a bit more elvish, if you will. you’re almost there, but not quite.

As soon as I watched the vid today, I immediately thought of this thread.

4 Likes

Also Broken Draenei, Arakkoa, Mok’thanal Orcs, and Mogu. But I do want to save the main 4 race as well as main 2 requested allied races first. Besides I think the San’layn Fans really needs San’layn playable seeing the fact they are not going to like the idea of Lightforged Forsaken on the Horde side.

I guess in the end it comes down to what you idea of elvish is. c:

See, that’s what I would like. To be able to play a character I am happy with that checks off the boxes on my list.

4 Likes

what if we want tanned elves with longer hair. or shorter ears ? or eyebrows that dont look as if you could gain altitude with them? flap flap flap. scratch your back with your ear tips. hehe. wow elves are …exaggerated, almost like parodies of actual elves, and are all derived from d&d drow.

Like Void Elves were original and ok ahh.

Like as if a Original Color Skin Elven race doesn’t bring anything know to the Alliance Faction at all ahh. Some people just don’t even respect the Alliance Lore from the RTS nor supporting something original for the Alliance that isn’t a generic dark elf blue skin theme race.

1 Like

I am sorry High Elf supporters. Another missed opportunity.

Apparently, a gnome that chopped off its arm is “different enough” for Blizzard.
But a race free of Fel Corruption from their counterparts the Blood Elves, just isn’t enough of a difference apparently attempts to cover up Mag’har V Orcs with curtain
Not to mention your numbers are far too low pushes your numerous contributions since Warcraft 3 and presence all over Azeroth compared the Mechagnomes being stuck on an Island forever under the rug
Not to mention you just aren’t ever relevant to the story coughs loudly while shoving Mechagnomes being fun side content and the Quel’dorei being present for every major event in WoWs history into a closet

I guess there’s always next time…

10 Likes

draenei are literally blue skin blood elves with eredar torsos.

Man, I’m starting to feel despair again.

So far, we have a lot of plot and raid elements known.

Big Spoilers
  • There’s no Warchief. The Horde is being led by council.
  • Alliance and Horde sign a peace treaty. Tyrande refuses to sign it.
  • Wrathion is corrupted, but we save him and he joins us against N’Zoth. He’s the main character helping us through the entire raid (his corrupted form is the first boss).
  • Azshara planned to betray N’Zoth all along and use Xal’atath to kill/imprison (not clear) him once he was freed. N’Zoth took her to be tortured, we free her and she gives Xal’atath so we can kill/imprison him.

So far, there’s nothing on void elves or lightforged draenei doing anything important, and that worries me to no end.

7 Likes

Draenei are like completely different race than Elves. But overall I think the Alliance needs to return back to its iconic roots and also be more original in not just Elves of same Dark Elf Theme but also something unique and iconic like Wildhammer Dwarves, Broken, Arakkoa, Sethrak, Cat People, and etc than Mechagnomes, Lightforged Forsaken, Void Humans, Frost Dwarves that is Generic in it of itself because of blue and etc.

Just anything that is original, iconic, and unique than Generic Blue Skin Color Races with no lore, Boring Reskins, and just etc that is wrong with Today’s Alliance.

1 Like

It’s sad, but I think we shouldn’t expect anything for Void Elves. But it also can be a sign that Blizzard now knows they were a mistake.

2 Likes

oooo,

possible spoiler

decursed naga?

Nah, doubt it. THe naga are too cool to be decursed.

More like: Azshara survives and is free to be a big player in the long run.

It’s really weird to not use those two races in this patch. I’m hoping there’s more I’m not seeing, but after all the let downs over the course of this expansion, I feel foolish to hope anything.

1 Like

oh yeah, leopard skinned saberon. tiger skinned saberon. lion’s mane saberon. use of the worgen skeleton incoming!

1 Like

I mean what was the whole point of the Void Elves anyways? What was the point of them being playable in first place in the lore? That’s my only question in this insane crazy writing that Blizzard is doing now in days.

12 Likes

I would love to see Azshara redeemed, and somehow bring the Naga back into society at large (Maybe even become playable, although admittedly their models would make that difficult unless they are somehow partially decursed, resembling their highborne selves while also resembling naga.)

Gave me a good chuckle and a sad sigh.

Well just read the Tyrande broadcast text and yeh, it’s either Tyrande going rogue or being made a villain :confused:

5 Likes

I knew it! No way she was happy with her lot in life; it really does show tho that Sylvanas is playing everyone for her own goals -which def are gonna lead into the next expansion lol-

As for the Void Elves, disappointed but not surprised. But if nothing is done with them on the patch about the, you know, VOID, I don’t even know when they’ll be relevant.

1 Like