High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

This is and the fact that they’re ex-Sin’dorei are the main two reasons why I don’t like them. If they had simply been High Elves from the start, I would have been cool with their inclusion.

3 Likes

The bit that makes me hopeful was Alleria’s participation on 8.2.5 We know what she is all about and this IS the moment for her to act.

Hopefully it also comes with screentime for the Void Elves, and also a resolution on them being able to make more.

Like I’m still okay with the Silver Covenant getting voided.

1 Like

If the void elves prove to be useful against N’Zoth, I could see the high elves joining them to fight the menace of the Old God. It would at least make sense in context.

1 Like

Your comment had no context whatsoever. It wasn’t a reply either. It’s not that crazy to assume you were posting it for a negative reaction, especially after the comments that followed it.

I have a feeling that if more Void Elves are created it won’t be the Void Elves doing it.

"Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below…"

I hope the high elves don’t get voided. I’d rather play a regular high elf.

12 Likes

I hit the arrow on the right, instead of the reply one, but it was in response to her video. The ones that came after were more so in response to how rude you were being, than for the sake of just being rude.

As Talen said, learn to let it go, and not blow up over every little side-tangent.

IDK about that; I just find it counter productive to create more VE out of Silvermoon aligned Blood Elves. It would simply paint the BE’s on a bad light for them to further exile more of their own without fault.

Honestly at this point, with the threat of N’zoth so dire, maybe it’s the perfect time for groups of High Elves to come to the forefront and follow on Alleria’s steps to help save Azeroth. if there’s a reason why the High Elves would willingly take the Void, 8.3 seems fitting.

3 Likes

Well, same, but you know how it is, and between no HE’s ever and Voided High Elves I prefer the later tbh.

1 Like

Honestly today’s announcement gives more more hope for high elves. Since 8.3 got announced early, that means other races can be announced for 9.0 at blizzcon this year

4 Likes

The idea that the high elves get “voided” has been a theory of mine for quite some time (although Drede called it fanfiction when I said it, and yet supported the idea when a pro poster said it.) It would really help expand the Void elf story line, and give them much needed depth without dedicating resources to a whole 'nother elf race.

I think a neat compromise would be that Blood elves get blue eyes when the faction restrictions come down.

1 Like

This is a perfectly valid response to your comment. It’s not even rude.

Blowing up.

Now the reply option isn’t working.

I just don’t care for the void theme in general so I likely wouldn’t play them. I already don’t play void elves, the few I’ve made are collecting dust.

1 Like

Blood elves getting blue eyes while high elves get voided is not at all a compromise.

10 Likes

It is blowing up when you start making assumptions that my response’s intentions were purely nefarious, and only meant to incite a negative reaction from other players. When really, I simply learned Vulpera were confirmed in this thread, and rejoiced over it in response.

I mean if you get to play them on the alliance, wouldn’t that be a compromise?

No, because blood elves are not the high elves we are looking for

4 Likes

Hence why it’s a compromise.

A compromise would be us getting something we want. Blue-eyed blood elves are not what we are looking for at all

6 Likes

I’d prefer to get a compromise that would actually make me happy for once, and not one that comes across as the devs trolling us.

10 Likes